Thread: 360 games completed and tips

Thanks

Default 360 games completed and tips

Hi,

since all is new here. I think we should make a list of what games on the 360 you have completed and any tips you have for the game.

I have completed the following
    Halo 3
    gears of War
    Bioshock
    Medal of Honour Airbourne
    Call of Duty 4
    Open season
    Half Life 2
    Half Life 2 ep1
    Half Life 2 ep2
    Portal

not too many yet but will continue to play

as for Tips

Halo 3, don't rush in to far too quickly. the covenant weapons are good if you are low on ammo. dont be a gunner in a vehicle the drivers will get you killed straight away, atleast when you are a driver you can drive away until the useless gunner finds the correct target. Dont completely blow up the wraiths. they are excellent weapons.

Gears of War, to kill the last boss. shoot him with the cross bow to get rid of the krill, then switch weapons to the sniper gun and hit him in the head. 6 head shots on casual. 12 on hardcore and 18 on insane difficulty.

Bioshock, to kill the big daddies make sure you have got a lot of health and weapons. the electric buck shot seams to halt him for a while.

Medal of Honour Airbourne, take your time and use the aim feature of your weapon. not a game that you can just run in and kill everyone.

Call of Duty 4, extremely easy game on normal difficulty. watch out for dogs. in the cammo level. it says not to move to quickly but you have to move out of the way of the enemies and tanks.

Open Season, game aimed at kids. finished it with my 5yo son. best to take the time and collect all the shields in the game.

Half Life 2, Very lengthy game. you can sprint in the game if you hold the lb button down. I only found this out on the final level. doh. watch out for the black head crabs. deadly little buggers.

H L 2 ep1, very short game. just follow the game and all should be good. get the rockets to kill the strider, in the final scene they are near the train not on the side where the containers are.

H L 2 ep2. Longer than ep1 but shorter than HL 2. the end scene is a good one. I found it easier to stay near the silo right at the end and kill the enemies. kill the hunters before you try and kill the striders.

Portal, think outside the box. when it seams impossible you will find a way. be quick and ready to place portals when you need momentum to get to higher parts.

so now ppl. add tips for the games you have completed.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

COD 4 - Best mission IMHO was the "Ghillies in the mist" sniper mission. The aircraft one at the end was alright. Easy on normal level, and too short. Should've scrapped the whole USMC story and stuck with SAS.

Assassins Creed - Best game on 360 so far. Crap ending. Best tip is make sure you do all the free missions first. As vigilantes can help in some assasinations.

Thanks

COD4, never take the most obvious path. Always look to sneak around the back paths, eg go the long way around, you usually can out flank the enemies and get a good hit on them. I agree with the dogs, as soon as the barking sounds be ready because they hit you so quickly. Also pay serious attention to the grenade markers and get away from them (too many times I tried to throw them back only to get a big boom in my face).

Portal, if you get motion sick, this is not the game for you, or find a way around it. I dont get motion sickness too bad but some of the levels had me feeling I was going to chuck because it disorientates you.

Bioshock, be nice, it makes you feel better

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I was nice to start with in Bioshock, and then I realised that it wasn't as much of a revelational game, and then I got pissed off and murdered the kids.
    Then I went back to playing Bioshock and got more pissed off so I killed the ugly little trolls too.

I wouldn't mind some recommendations of some good games though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tokebuzz View Post
    I was nice to start with in Bioshock, and then I realised that it wasn't as much of a revelational game, and then I got pissed off and murdered the kids.
    Then I went back to playing Bioshock and got more pissed off so I killed the ugly little trolls too.

I wouldn't mind some recommendations of some good games though.
    that ugly little trolls are you talking about?

good games. the orange box, colin mcrae dirt, crap of duty 4 if you only want to play for 5 hours, open season (kids game but good), medal of honour airbourne, if you like to replay the whole level (apart from getting the goal) each time you die, Halo 3.

other good games are
    Halo 3
    Halo 3

and

wait for it.

Halo 3

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Oh also a question, does anyone know if 360s prefer DVD+/-Rs?

You know.... for those originals i need to backup and such.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Umm I was talking about the stupid chicks with the worms in their mouths.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tokebuzz View Post
    Oh also a question, does anyone know if 360s prefer DVD+/-Rs?

You know.... for those originals i need to backup and such.
    you will need to get dvd+r dual Layer discs.

I have a samsung drive and it will read ritek, ridata and verbatim discs.

unfortunately I have had too many coasters using ritek and ridata so only buying verbatim now. $61.80 for 20 of them delivered by normal post or $65 for courier delivery.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Sweet thanks poison, can get a pack of 20 around the corner for $54.90 so I'l give them a go when my dvd rom comes in.