Thread: Current quality Solar deals Victoria?

Thanks

Default Current quality Solar deals Victoria?

A work colleague is considering a 4 - 5 kw install. Even with the transitional pfit he thinks the investment is reasonable taking into account price rises etc.

SMA still appear to be the leader/ safe choice at the moment but it appears the panel options have expanded significantly since I investigated for my install.

I would be interested in hearing experienced opinions on the current offer of panels out there or wether to advise to stick with the majors like suntech sanyo trina etc.

Any links to current quality/cost effective deals would also be appreciated. have looked at Energy Matters so far but are unsure of the Poly Rec panels.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbreath View Post
    A work colleague is considering a 4 - 5 kw install. Even with the transitional pfit he thinks the investment is reasonable taking into account price rises etc.

SMA still appear to be the leader/ safe choice at the moment but it appears the panel options have expanded significantly since I investigated for my install.

I would be interested in hearing experienced opinions on the current offer of panels out there or wether to advise to stick with the majors like suntech sanyo trina etc.

Any links to current quality/cost effective deals would also be appreciated. have looked at Energy Matters so far but are unsure of the Poly Rec panels.
    SMA is still the number choice for inverters so you will always be safe there.

Panels are a different matter , you will find that since you last researched there wasn't a large choice of panels , this means that most of the panels you are seeing now are new comers with no track record.
    The important thing to remember is that whatever panel someone is selling is the Best on the market , we know this is BS!
    Stick with a panel manufacturer that has an Australian office and track record longer than the government handouts and you will be safe.

Suntech have an Australian office , not sure that any others do , just distributors that come and go like eBay sellers , there are definitely other good performing panels around now , but that is to be expected when they are all basically still new. , there is going to be interesting times ahead though.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joey For This Useful Post:

dogsbreath (13-03-12)