Thread: Stormy weather and power generation.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Stormy weather and power generation.

Now that 'Summer' is officialy over (when did it begin?) what effect has the weather had on your solar generation ?

Here in the Central Tablelands of NSW, the number of cloudless days has been minimal with it either being very heavily overcast to incessant drizzle.
    I know its effected a small solar powered Motion detector type Yard light that is partly shadowed so badly I had to turn it off 2 days ago so it might get a chance to recharge.

Now would be a good time to see just how well these systems cope under the prevailing conditions.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Now that 'Summer' is officialy over (when did it begin?) what effect has the weather had on your solar generation ?

Here in the Central Tablelands of NSW, the number of cloudless days has been minimal with it either being very heavily overcast to incessant drizzle.
    I know its effected a small solar powered Motion detector type Yard light that is partly shadowed so badly I had to turn it off 2 days ago so it might get a chance to recharge.

Now would be a good time to see just how well these systems cope under the prevailing conditions.
    Certainly has been dismal in the eastern states , not such a problem in WA that's for sure , we need pictures of clouds just to remind us what they look like! , past 4 years all about the same averaged over the year.

With a 4kw system , last 2 years.

FEB 2012 704.25 kWh

JAN 2011 782.13 kWh

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 391 Posts

Usual extremes here in NQ. Either the Sun is blazing or we get days of no Sun. A bit more sunny than average though I think this summer. Solar grid tie owners are happy.

Thanks

Its been very sunny this summer compared to last year.
    Lots of nice breezes too keeping the panels cool
    I haven't kept tabs of figures just go by the bills