Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Vast activation

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Was the dish/LNB working before (Foxtel ?) and how long ago was it in use. If not for about 2 years its possible the LNB is either the older 11300 or its not working.
    When the UEC is attached to the cable and turned on, it should show channel 800 almost immediately if all is working correctly.
    I believe You can go into the menu of the UEC to reset the LNB frequency if that is a problem.

I wasn't sure where Yarraville was until I checked the Myswitch site so I guess you getting a 'Traveler Authority' activation unless you just want the ABS/SBS.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 20-08-12 at 12:25 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Webb253 View Post
    Hi all
    Having trouble with setting up my vast system
    Plug in a signal meter could not get it to sound any different
    Rang the vast company and they said I had to get channel 800
    They gave me the setting for Melbourne still nothing
    Can anyone give me someone to contact to show me how to set it up
    I am in Yarraville Melbourne
    Got me buggered
    Someone said the LNB might be no good
    Is this a brand new system ie new dish, decoder, cables and signal detector. Is it for your house or for RV
    Does the dish have a clear view of the sky
    Unless you give more details the replies here will just be stabs in the dark and clutter up the forum.

Thanks

Thanks for your suggestions I will try them all and let you all know
    I do think the tuner is doggy though
    Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Thanks
    What is the LO frequency of the LNB you are using?

The VAST decoder has an LNB LO default setting of 10700.

If you have an 11300 or universal LNB it will not work unless you change the LNB setting in the VAST decoder to match the LO of the LNB in use.

Given VAST is moving to D3 in September, you'll need a 10700 LNB anyhow.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Thanks
    Any update on this?

Thanks

Default VAST activation

Hi Guys,
    Recently I spoke with the VAST activation center in Townsville about changes that would occur on November 28th - TODAY - in relation to South East Queensland. That being 6 months before Analog switch off 28 May 2013. They told me they were ready for an inundation of applications on and after this date, also they believed they had adequate resources for the task.

I have been researching sites to apply for VAST for over a dozen customers that are in the inadequate area for all digital channels. Now I find the switch over web site has changed criteria to include an assessment, for VAST reception certificate, by the commercial broadcasters as this following extract from the VAST criteria for application.

Oh by the way yesterday the north of NSW had analog switch off. NBN TV did a long piece in their news about this event.

:

"The commercial broadcasters believe that you are in an area that is able to receive all the local digital commercial channels terrestrially. Please check the Terrestrial Coverage for sites providing coverage at your location.

You may still apply for access to all channels on the VAST service if you believe that your reception of the commercial digital channels is inadequate. This may be due to local conditions that prevent you from obtaining the reception predicted by the broadcasters.

If you choose to make an application because you believe that your reception is inadequate, this may require investigation by the broadcasters and can take up to 15 business days before a decision is reached. Your particular circumstances will be assessed and if the commercial broadcasters determine that you do not have adequate reception of all terrestrial commercial digital television services you will be issued with a reception certificate authorising access to the commercial free-to-air services of VAST. Access to ABC and SBS services will be automatically authorised, regardless of the outcome of your application for access to the commercial services.

If you are already receiving commercial channels on the ‘Aurora’ satellite television services via a special permission, you do not need to apply for a reception certificate as detailed above. Your previous application and approval from the ACMA to receive 'Aurora' satellite television enables you to apply to transition to the VAST service. Please note that details of the approval for access to the 'Aurora' services will be required in the application process.

The advice mySwitch provides about your eligibility for access to the VAST service relies on predictions provided by commercial broadcasters. When you apply for the VAST service, the information you provide will be assessed by the commercial broadcasters and information from mySwitch will be passed to the broadcasters to assist them in making this determination.

Eligibility is determined on the location where you propose to install the VAST satellite equipment. You should check the location of the pin on the map in mySwitch to ensure you are making an application for the right location. Specifying an incorrect location can jeopardise your eligibility for VAST services.

We recommend that you obtain permission to access the VAST service prior to purchasing any equipment, follow instructions on the application form for pre-approval. The purchase of a VAST set-top box will not, on its own, entitle you to access the commercial services on VAST. However, access to the ABC and SBS channels will always be granted for boxes used in Australia.

To view a Satellite setup guide please click here."

• The Following User Says Thank You to hos here For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (28-11-12)

Thanks

"Oh by the way yesterday the north of NSW had analog switch off. NBN TV did a long piece in their news about this event."
    I don't know why they make a big thing of analog switch off as most areas have had digital TV for a number of years before switch off. Even Brisbane has had digital for several years now and analog switch off is not until May next year.
    The only ones it seams to affect are those that need VAST and have to wait for some magical date.
    Last edited by Rodnic; 28-11-12 at 03:39 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rodnic View Post
    The only ones it seams to affect are those that need VAST and have to wait for some magical date.
    They have to wait until 6months months out so any self-help transmitters, new infill transmitters or any other changes can be finalised.
    I got 99 problems and a crimp aint one...

• The Following User Says Thank You to nbound For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (28-11-12)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nbound View Post
    They have to wait until 6months months out so any self-help transmitters, new infill transmitters or any other changes can be finalised.
    Thats why its always advisable to keep checking the Myswitch site when any area is approaching the Digital Changeover time.
    Rodnic, the reason they do this 'In Your Face' type of advertising is because there are those out there who for many reasons dont know about the availability of Digital or are just waiting untill the last gasp of Analog before doing anything about it.
    Stupid as it sounds but back when this was just beginning there were those who were convinced that 'They cant shut down the TV' etc no way were they going to spend on what they didnt want or need.
    I think the tide has changed and many are now looking towards the changeover if their in an area of poor or no reception so although 'Everybody' knows there are still a few who need a final prod.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456