Thread: Lock and Scan Problem with TwinHam/Azure AD-SP400 (1041)

Thanks

Default Lock and Scan Problem with TwinHam/Azure AD-SP400 (1041)

I have been using the above card for sometime now with XP SP2. The card came with the DTV 3.3 and now I upgraded to DTV 3.4 but I still have a problem with both locking and scanning some transponders on Intelsat 7/10. This problem is not polarization-biased. I'm able to lock 12562/26657/H but only able to scan about a half of all the channels. Others like 12722/26657/V &H and I'm not able to lock at all. I use two different dishsets and the two perform conplete lock and scan of all transponders and channels on my normal DVB reciever. Please any idea, help for I'm almost frustrated with this card.
    Ebenbo

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ebenbo View Post
    Others like 12722/26657/V &H and I'm not able to lock at all. I use two different dishsets and the two perform conplete lock and scan of all transponders and channels on my normal DVB reciever.
    I had simillar problem initially until I discovered the card needs much better dish allignment to lock.
    So just finetune your dish and all transponders will come up fine.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

The thing we all seem to find with sat cards is that they are relatively "deaf" compared to the signal quality achieved on a stand alone receiver.It's something you become accustomed to after a while, and as fromaron suggests, slightly peaking your dish will make all the difference to the card.

Thanks

Thanks guys for at least giving me the boaster to continue until I achieve perfection. So long as I know now there isn't any special clocking problem with the card I'm O.K. That also means I won't waste any more money buying another card just to face same problem which could be solved with little more patience. Thanks again for responding.
    Ebenbo

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Don't forget tto update us with your trials and tribulations.We always like to know how everyone wins, or compromises in the end. Tis some learning in it for all of us.

Thanks

I will surely let you guys know. I haven't had time to get to work yet.
    Thanks.
    Ebenbo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by viewer View Post
    Don't forget tto update us with your trials and tribulations.We always like to know how everyone wins, or compromises in the end. Tis some learning in it for all of us.
    Hi guys, I have done all that could be done, as far as proper dish alignment is concern to get lock on 12522/26657/V/H; 12722/26657/H/V and complete scan on 12562/26657/H but to no avail. I use a 60 and a 90cm dishes, the two giving me between 63-80 signal strengh, and all locked transponders 98% signal quality on both the AD-SP400(1041) card and stand-alone reciever. I have also hussled with DVB-S applications like Alt DVB; My Theatre; Winclip; the bundled DTV 3.3;3.4 and Power Cinema last but one and latest. I even copied the coding of the main driver file of TechniSat Skystar HD 2 for driver change, but same results.

Now I need the gurus to tell me what next. I would appreciate it so much if someone ( I appeal to Fromaron personally) with AD-SP400(1041) would get hooked onto Intelsat(Panamsat) 7/10 to experiment on getting lock with these 12522/26657/V/H; 12722/26657/H/V; and having a full scan on 12562/26657/H (full scan is about 20+ channels) for sharing. Counting on you, guys. Thanks a million.
    Ebenbo

Thanks

( I appeal to Fromaron personally) with AD-SP400(1041) would get hooked onto Intelsat(Panamsat) 7/10 to experiment on getting lock with these 12522/26657/V/H; 12722/26657/H/V;
    ebendo, I never said I have SP400, I have SP300 card which is pretty much simillar. My point was that Twinhan cards are quite deaf and do require a very precise dish and skew alignment.
    I cannot help you with requested scanning as I cannot see the bird from where I am located at all. No way I can get 68.5E from Melbourne. The last one which is available to me on this side is NSS6.
    You are lucky you have some lock there. What is your location BTW, it's not shown in your profile.

Thanks

? I would say the complete opposite, in my experience with the SP400 it has a extremely good tuner and even when the skew was out quite a bit it was fine while the dream was having major problems and high BER, this is on C1 one though which is quite strong.

The SP400 is based on the Mantis chipset does the SP300 have the same chipset?

Have you made sure the you are plugging in a HDD power supply connector directly to the SP400 in the PC and that you have a powerful enough power supply?

Also have u tried it in another PC? If you are still having problems contact Twinhan.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ingxen View Post
    The SP300 does have the Mantis chipset. It also uses the same Software/Drivers Pack.
    As far as the tuner sensitivity, I only can say what I have experienced. I had my strong box with the motorised dish all setup for almost two years, when I brought the Twinhan card. Connected the dish to it and no lock, not even a glitch in the signal quality. Using Strong from the same dish position I was getting full scale ~98%.
    How about that. The fact your Dreambox had some trouble just means it's tuner even dumber then the Twinhan one.
    To align the dish, I slightly moved the dish using motor and the signal quality level jumped to a pretty healthy 95%.

Thanks

Hmm interesting fromaron, I was going to say maybe the difference between the SP300 and the SP400 is the SP400 has a power supply going to it and its a newer mantis chip and slightly better but ebenbo is having the same prob.

I am quite interested to see if ebenbo definitely has the hhd power cable connected to the PC sat card as it seems to work without it connected.

pheggie has a SP400 I would be interested to hear his comments as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    ebendo, I never said I have SP400, I have SP300 card which is pretty much simillar. My point was that Twinhan cards are quite deaf and do require a very precise dish and skew alignment.
    I cannot help you with requested scanning as I cannot see the bird from where I am located at all. No way I can get 68.5E from Melbourne. The last one which is available to me on this side is NSS6.
    You are lucky you have some lock there. What is your location BTW, it's not shown in your profile.
    I'm located at Johannesburg, SA. I have the hhd power connected and tried unplugged. My power supply is 350w. Now my next move it to change PCs. I don't know if vista too can make difference. I have tried reporting at Twinhan site but submission fails constantly. Have sent two emails to no reply. Thanks a lot guys, will report. Note: the Technisat driver trick i did allowed me to use DVBDream for the first time with the card. Ebenbo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ingxen View Post
    ? I would say the complete opposite, in my experience with the SP400 it has a extremely good tuner and even when the skew was out quite a bit it was fine while the dream was having major problems and high BER, this is on C1 one though which is quite strong.

Have you made sure the you are plugging in a HDD power supply connector directly to the SP400 in the PC and that you have a powerful enough power supply?

Also have u tried it in another PC? If you are still having problems contact Twinhan.
    inxgen, do you mean you are locking and scanning (12522;12722;12562/H,V /26657) on intelsat 7/10 as well with your AD-SP400. Thanks. ebenbo

Thanks

inxgen, do you mean you are locking and scanning (12522;12722;12562/H,V /26657) on intelsat 7/10 as well with your AD-SP400. Thanks. ebenbo
    No I'm not locking and scanning intelsat 7/10 with my SP400, I was just saying I thought the tuners in them were quite good but it seems they are not as good as some decoders (they are definitely a lot better than DM500 tuners though but that isn't hard to beat).

If you have the hdd power cable plugged into the card and the latest drivers then the only other thing you can try is a different PC, contact Twinhan or like the others have suggested to fine tune your dish/lnb.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

I have my AD-SP400 connected to C1 and couldn't tune anything until I
    removed the inline amplifier. Then it worked and tuned well with 80% level
    so it's got a very sensitive tuner easily swamped with too much signal.
    So if you've got an inline amp try bypassing the amp.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pheggie View Post
    I have my AD-SP400 connected to C1 and couldn't tune anything until I
    removed the inline amplifier. Then it worked and tuned well with 80% level
    so it's got a very sensitive tuner easily swamped with too much signal.
    So if you've got an inline amp try bypassing the amp.
    Pheggie, please is the amplifier on the main card or on the C1. In fact I do have the C1, only viewing FTAs. Thanks

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

The amp I had was inline with C1 as my previous old VisionPlus 1030A
    was really deaf. However I had to remove the amp for the new Azure
    because it was swamping the new Azure tuner, and caused it
    not to find any transponders.

Sorry for the late response I hadn't read it just till now.

Banned
    Thanks

Default pas10 is visible in melbourne

hi pas10 is visible in melbourne the elevation is between 2 and 4 degrees ,thanks hamguy2 nsw

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

This thread is a bit confusing to say the least!

Edenbo plainly says, "I'm located at Johannesburg, SA".
    I understand this to mean South Africa, while respondents seem to assume that he is in Australia.
    Intelsat 7 and 10 are visible from his location BUT it is obvious that he cannot receive anything from Optus C1 (located over Australia) from Johannesburg, South Africa.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    Intelsat 7 and 10 are visible from his location BUT it is obvious that he cannot receive anything from Optus C1 (located over Australia) from Johannesburg, South Africa.
    ?????
    Who was talking about C1 lock here?
    ?????