Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Security company, initiative lacking.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by balun View Post
    so anyway........since my last post i thought i would go get a pie from the servo.
    Always blow on the pie.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7UX8KASASU"]Police Ten 7 - Safer Communities Together. - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by downunderdan; 06-04-12 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks

Im lost for words , but from now on I guess I better blow

2014 Austech AFL tipping champion.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 804 Posts

I am dumfounded that security professionals are even responding to your posts.

u had an alarm u were notified, u chose to leave the building unsecure, how much are you paying per week for monitoring ?

If you are expecting the monitoring centre to employ clarevoinents, you should be paying about $1080 per week inc GST.

Here is a solution, when you are called for an alarm, don't be such a tight ass and instruct the guard to remain onsite till 8am when proper arrangements can be made.

no one but yourself to blame,
    I am grateful that the professionals have responded, I have learnt from them, and I thank you for your post and will try very hard to find something of merit in it.

I also thank you for your great RAC story.

Thank you for your solution, the only problem is I wasn't offered the choice of the guard remaining onsite, if you also read and comprehended what I said, I left the place secure,the guard after seeing the front door smashed still reported the place secure.

I try and help people on this forum, it's up to you want you choose to do, but in regards to your stupid comments, keep them to yourself.

Thanks

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hughdman View Post
    I am grateful that the professionals have responded, I have learnt from them, and I thank you for your post and will try very hard to find something of merit in it.

I also thank you for your great RAC story.

Thank you for your solution, the only problem is I wasn't offered the choice of the guard remaining onsite, if you also read and comprehended what I said, I left the place secure,the guard after seeing the front door smashed still reported the place secure.

I try and help people on this forum, it's up to you want you choose to do, but in regards to your stupid comments, keep them to yourself.

Thanks
    I am a little bit lost at this point.

In your first post you stated that Guard arrived found a 20c hole in the front door at that time the door glass was not smashed. So the guard said it was secure.

Secondly i have being at many breakin, once it has being confirm we let the control room know, then they requested police pressence since they have a direct link and we dont have to answer twenty questions, once we notify the controlroom we nofity a/hours and glazier. If the police havn't arrived in the first half hour we are contacting the control room asking then where they are.

Since you are the shop owner i would have thought you might have called the police after the first hour not the following day.

Thanks

As in my first post, I was told by the company that once the patrolling guards confirmed a break-in to the control room, the police will be notified.

If I wasn't told this I would of certainly called the police.( 2 people don't need to report the crime)

I'm closing this thread as people are commenting without reading...

Thanks

Actually I can't close this,

Can a mod please close.

Thanks

But it was just getting good...

Thanks

Here is a joke for you.

Hoiw many security guys does it take to change a light bulb,

Oops the guards forgot to tell them.

Thanks

How many pawnbrokers does it take to proofread a sentence?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by downunderdan View Post
    How many pawnbrokers does it take to proofread a sentence?
    None, as that doesn't involve making money.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hughdman View Post
    Actually I can't close this,

Can a mod please close.
    No, just dont bother replying to them.

Thanks

Now's here a thought,

In this state of ours we notify the police for their attendence to a confrim breakin, although we have notify the glazier and the glazier has arrived before the police. Thay can't touch anything until the police have given the go ahead, for police are looking for evidence or fingerprints.

So the glazier replace the window and you lockup after three hours. With no go ahead from police. smart move.

Thanks

OK

At a guess I'd say on my front door there would be approx 5000 fingerprints. I made the call for the glazier to begin as we both arrived at the same conclusion, to many prints.

As i said in numerous posts I was told that the police would of been notified as that is what control room does, as soon as a break in is confirmed.

I would of waited a long time if I didn't call them to confirm the break in.

Thanks anyway for your input sirporky,

Thanks

In Western Australia the police will only attend to an alarm if more than 2 zones have been triggered and a valid key holder is onsite or on way to site.

They well not attend for a chipped window.

I have been reading your posts, contrary to what you think and can see no issue with the response procedure. The problems with break-ins is that people are always looking for someone to blame.

In your case you are looking to blame the monitoring centre & guard response. In both cases a "better service" would not have prevented the final outcome.

What would have prevented the breakin was someone staying onsite after the initial attempted breakin. As you were given the full extent of the circumstances of the attempted b&e in my opinion you need to make better decisions.

By telling the guard to remain onsite until you or a glazier came to site would probably have prevented the breakin. Lets be honest, the police are not going to do much with a 20c hole in the window and their response time could have been until the morning since technically the building is still secure.

If you want someone to blame why not blame the guard, guard rocks up see's half the job is done, drives car around the corner comes back kicks the door in pinches a couple of things goes back to his car, meets owner onsite..

You might have a bit more luck with that little riddle than blaming the people who have done a proper job.

• The Following User Says Thank You to balun For This Useful Post:

sirporky (08-04-12)

Thanks

Default A Better Service?

In both cases a "better service" would not have prevented the final outcome.
    If the guard had stayed on site until the key holder arrived, the situation would have been totally different! So a better service would have prevented the secondary incident! So much for customer service! All the guards are interested in is getting to the next job!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hound-Dog View Post
    If the guard had stayed on site until the key holder arrived, the situation would have been totally different! So a better service would have prevented the secondary incident! So much for customer service! All the guards are interested in is getting to the next job!
    Huh?

Was the guard asked to stay? Or are you suggesting he should have simply done so, despite the very real possibility of a client refusing to pay the bills. Guards will do what they're told. But someone with a chequebook has to approve it. Your gripe that the guards are simply "interested in getting to the next job" seems rather redundant. Surely that's the very point of a response service.

Thanks

Huh?

Was the guard asked to stay? Or are you suggesting he should have simply done so, despite the very real possibility of a client refusing to pay the bills. Guards will do what they're told. But someone with a chequebook has to approve it. Your gripe that the guards are simply "interested in getting to the next job" seems rather redundant. Surely that's the very point of a response service.
    No the guard wasn't asked to stay.
    Nor was I given the option.

As I've said in my posts the company is reimbursing me $750 as they believe it wasn't handled the best.

I've taken alot from the posts and I am better prepared and have a better knowledge how the security/monitoring company works.

And balun, please don't suggest that guards do that as I've been told by a few people that is what they believe has happened in the past. Also the guard told me a story that one of his fellow guards lost his job over a similar incident.

If I had been given the option of the guard staying, I would of definitely taken it, as the outcome would definitely of been differemt, (Maybe)

Thanks

Hughdman,

I was replying to Hound-dog. I agree you should have been offered the option, however in the absence of you requesting it, Hound-dog's suggestion they should have stayed behind is silly.

Thanks

Default Hughman

Are you serious, the monitoring station is paying you $750 because of the way they handled the situation?

Thanks

Hughdman,

I was replying to Hound-dog. I agree you should have been offered the option, however in the absence of you requesting it, Hound-dog's suggestion they should have stayed behind is silly.
    So tell me, what is the response guards role? Is it to protect clients property, or just report anything out of the ordinary? Do you suggest that after the second incident, the guard should have left as well?

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast