Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Security company, initiative lacking.

2014 Austech AFL tipping champion.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 804 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itscrowtime View Post
    Are you serious, the monitoring station is paying you $750 because of the way they handled the situation?

Yes,

The complaints dept said, it could and should of been handled differently.
    He valued my input , we went over and over my new procedures to make sure I was happy with it.

I believe one of the major items was that I wasn't given the knowledge on what would happen in the event of an alarm going off.

Everyone who says it would of been written somewhere or they are just following your instructions, you are correct.

The guy liked my idea of a checklist to be completed when transferring the security system from one party to another. That way both parties will know what each other want, and can ask relevant questions. As I said the guy met me for 10 minutes, as long as it took to change the master code and sign the direct debit forms.

I have learnt more from this thread, than I have via my security company.
    I am now better prepared, but wish I was prior to the incident.

Thanks everyone who contributed positively.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hughdman View Post
    I have learnt more from this thread, than I have via my security company.
    There are Signature and ADT techs on here

Thanks

Default .

Wow, i find it very funny that a company like ADT or signature failed to have you sign a completed commissioning form.
    Last edited by itscrowtime; 11-04-12 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks

Just putting this out there, maybe one of the ADT and signature techs can confirm...... full of sh%$ in regards to the $750 payment- a company like ADT is not dumb enough to make an admission of guilt over something so trivial and straight forward...

Guards can only stay onsite for a certain amount of time unless approved to stay there. common sense really, someone has to pay for a service.

Thanks

Balun it's not really a $750 payment, they aren't charging me for 3 months which is in effect saving me $750.00.

Where have I said there is an admission of guilt, I've said they agreed it could of been handled better, there is alot of scope there. No one nowadays admits guilt. But I accepted the 3 months payment and lets called it reward or whatever.

It maybe trivial and straight forward to someone in the business, but we ain't all in the business.

As I've said many times before, I was told about the damage, I was not told that the guard is waiting there for my confirmation, as to whether he could leave. (maybe that was the error).

And balun if you want I'll email you the invoices when they come for the next 3 months.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hughdman View Post
    Balun it's not really a $750 payment, they aren't charging me for 3 months which is in effect saving me $750.00.
    [facepalm]

Thanks

I know Days of Our Lives is still on in America but this is heading up to be come a close 2nd

Thanks

I'm not sure of the protocol in regards to customer complaints. I spoke to the rep for nearly an hour about, what was done, why it was done, how it was done etc etc.

I voiced my concerns over several issues and he said he welcomed the feedback. He offered me 2 months free, I then negotiated 3, (that's the pawnbroker in me) and he was happy to comply.

Call it reward,payment ,reimbursement, loyalty bonus, call it whatever all I know is I'm saving $750.00.

I agree wholeheartedly about the guard staying on site and yes someone has to pay for that. I also agree it pretty pointless ringing someone and asking them do you want a guard to stay on site, because if you do, we will ring back the guard and get him to return.

It is ashame that I found out the procedures weren't the best via a break-in, and as I've said numerous times I take all the responsibility, Forewarned is Forearmed.

Thank You and Goodnight.

The End

Thanks

the reason you are getting 3 months free is because you are getting absolutely routed on the cost of your monitoring and i can now see why they want to keep you as a client.

maybe your a difficult client so they charge you accordingly?

• The Following User Says Thank You to balun For This Useful Post:

sirporky (14-04-12)

Thanks

I hope 62$ a week includes multiple physical guard checks a night!
    Standard alarm, without special communication backups I think its pretty industry standard for about $7.00 to $10.
    Last edited by Privatteer; 19-04-12 at 12:46 AM.

Thanks

I'm failing to understand you Balun, in one comment you say I'm being a tight ass and should be paying more for monitoring and then you say I'm getting ripped off.

Surely your not suggesting that the security companies rip people off.

I am on a contract/plan with the security company, so they didn't have to give me anything free.

The amount I pay covers the maintenance/install of the gear. I took over the business when the owner was just 1 year into the contract. I didn't want the company to rip it all out, bill him accordingly, then leave it with me to arrange.

I wouldn't say, I'm difficult, as I said I took over the previous arrangement.

• The Following User Says Thank You to hughdman For This Useful Post:

downunderdan (19-04-12)

Thanks

Okay i know I'm entering this late, but clarify this for me.

The first alarm that went off was a glass break detector... is that THE ONLY ALARM that ADT told you had activated? Sureley if someone was inside there would have been subsequent activations??

Id be checking the history report from ADT, it sounds to me like there were subsequent alarms that you weren't notified about.

Chances are the alarm went off (single alarm) crook ran and hid, patrol came and went, crook went back in and those alarms weren't actioned.
    There is no way a patrol would miss a door totally smashed in.. reporting it as a 20cm hole..

Thanks

You are correct in everything you say.

Keyholder is always activated when there is evidence of a break-in or attempt. This is regardless of instructions they have from keyholder,as my instructions were on all alarms send guards.

Yes there were subsequent alarms and they said they followed my instructions and sent the guard out. They didn't notify me of this as my instructions said on all alarms send out guards.

And yes I agree in what you describe probably happened.

Thanks

Hughdman, for what it's worth, the "send guards to all alarms" is very respectable. I cringe at the number of alarm owners who are loath to spend money on:
    a) A decently installed, well maintained system with few false alarms and
    b) Alarm response when it does go off.

Instead, they want monitoring centres earning SFA to ring half a dozen mobile phones to save them a few dollars when it really counts, because it's probably a false alarm like the last dozen.

In most cases a response is a while away and every minute delayed in despatching, is more of a chance of your place being cleared out.

I like the American approach in a number of cities. Alarm goes off, cops respond (and they get flashing lights and sirens). However false alarms have a high cost attached to them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by downunderdan View Post
    I like the American approach in a number of cities. Alarm goes off, cops respond (and they get flashing lights and sirens). However false alarms have a high cost attached to them.
    Great idea, make those who don't maintain their alarms pay for the unwanted visits. But can you imagine Australian cops doing that? I think not! The burglars would be in Havana by the time they responded to an alarm!

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234