Thread: Beware with NOD32

In the back of a 50 kW AM broadcast transmitter
    Thanks

Default Beware with NOD32

If you are about to install NOD32, make sure your PC's clock is set to the correct date and time.

I just installed it on a computer not realising the date and time were out, then even when the AV defs were totally up to date, it kept telling me they hadn't been updated for a long time.
    Nothing I did would cure it - so I had to remove it, delete every reference to ESET and NOD32 in the registry and reinstall.

Just thought I'd save someone else the drama!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I have installed that twice today....clocks were right, but thanks for the heads up...

Thanks

Antivirus software always causes a drama when the time is wrong, but that is pretty nasty haha.

I have lost faith in Nod32.. had a virus at one of my clients PC's which NOD couldn't detect but AVG Free edition did.

You have to scan pc's with like 3 different AntiVirus packages these days to get rid of everything.

In the back of a 50 kW AM broadcast transmitter
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Antivirus software always causes a drama when the time is wrong, but that is pretty nasty haha.

I have lost faith in Nod32.. had a virus at one of my clients PC's which NOD couldn't detect but AVG Free edition did.

You have to scan pc's with like 3 different AntiVirus packages these days to get rid of everything.
    I still trust and recommend NOD32, but it's situation normal - no one package can do the lot - as you say you have to use two or three different products to cover all bases.
    AVG is good, but there are viruses and trojans that it can't see as well.

Just like how people are sold on "Adaware" - it's probably ok, but I've had computers brought to me that it reckoned were clean, and when I put "NoAdware" on, it went nuts and pinged off maybe two dozen hits.