Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DAS Hills Comnav

Thanks

RE ComNav Certificates
    The reason you can't initially connect to ComNav via HTTPS is that it's certificate:
    1. Is self signed so not included in IE (& other browser's) list of "Trusted Root Certification Authorities".
    2. The certificate's key length is 512bits long and subsequent IE updates changed its default to NOT accept certificates with key lengths less than 1024bits.

To avoid any issues due to the above simply use the keypad to enable connection to ComNav via HTTP (since the factory default setting allows httpS connections ONLY).
    Once you've done that you can simply connect to the ComNav via HTTP and complete your setup.

If for some reason you want to use httpS (b'cos you're setting up via the internet ie NOT on local LAN) then in Windows you must:
    1. Run from Admin prompt: certutil -setreg chain\minRSAPubKeyBitLength 512 (need to restart PC)
    (To revert back: certutil -delreg chain\MinRsaPubKeyBitLength)
    2. In IE settings ensure SSL 2.0 & 3.0 is enabled.
    3. And if you don't want to be prompted about an the untrusted certificate, download and import ComNav's self signed certificate into you “Trusted Root Certification Authorities” by running the "Manage computer certificates" module found in Admin Tools.

Regards Nigel

Thanks

Default RC4 certificates on ComNav

Quote Originally Posted by nigeltec View Post
    RE ComNav Certificates
    The reason you can't initially connect to ComNav via HTTPS is that it's certificate:
    1. Is self signed so not included in IE (& other browser's) list of "Trusted Root Certification Authorities".
    2. The certificate's key length is 512bits long and subsequent IE updates changed its default to NOT accept certificates with key lengths less than 1024bits.

To avoid any issues due to the above simply use the keypad to enable connection to ComNav via HTTP (since the factory default setting allows httpS connections ONLY).
    Once you've done that you can simply connect to the ComNav via HTTP and complete your setup.

What certificate cypher are you seeing for your web browser sessions?...mine were stating RC4. I couldn't use a certificate because RC4 was not supported anymore (using the latest ComNav firmware installed a little over a month ago). Microsoft's blog even states this, so I am confused by what you mention. I take it you are using a Windows 8 or 10 system. I don't remember if the ComNav defaults to https (it was a while back, so I'll take your word for it ).

Any way, I have my ComNav in a working state....it is installed in an older R12 system (current equivalent I think is an R128). The Geo-Location function is handy (arms the system automatically when you leave the house) when you are the only one that lives on your premise (ie. you don't want to auto arm when people are home ). Maybe it works differently with mutiple registered UC / XC mobile apps.
    Last edited by YesMan; 05-01-17 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks

FYI: My board is a R12 with 2nd gen ComNav:
    Had to throw the Gen1 out since Hills wouldn't provide a firmware update to make it work with XConnect.
    Again just another symptom of our broken economic system where we waste resources for increased profit.
    Easily fixed by making manufacturers pay to dispose of their old products... you'd soon find they would provide firmware updates etc to increase the life of their products.
    But hey if my neighbor can't even workout that the bin with the bright yellow lid is for his recyclable materials ONLY then forget about it, lets just keep turning this planet into a big pile of garbage

RE RC4:
    Don't know didn't look - previous were notes I made at the time when I setup.

RE HTTPS vs HTTP:

If logging in from your LAN then just enable HTTP and avoid all the security compatibility issues.
    Once you're configured there should be no need to login from outside your LAN so no need for HTTPS.

RE UC's Geo-Location function:
    Call me old fashion but I like to manually activate my alarm so I have the peace of mind that its really on... plus I have to walk past the keypad on the way out.
    However I can see that some may like & find this function convenient.

Thanks

Hi All,

I know this is an old tread but i can't find the information anywhere.

I have connected an old Das comnav unit and after power cycling it come alive again.

But what is the default website username and password?

If I login with username:dascomnav and password:4 digit master password of security system

When i go in to some area's i get "403 Access Denied: Master code required".
    Last edited by ritzy; 23-01-17 at 08:09 PM.

Thanks

Default ComNav login issue

Quote Originally Posted by ritzy View Post
    Hi All,

I know this is an old tread but i can't find the information anywhere.

I have reset the Das comnav unit which has made it come alive again.

But what is the default website username and password?

If I login with username:dascomnav and password:4 digit master password of security system

When i go in to some area's i get "403 Access Denied: Master code required".

Hi ritzy,

It sounds like you are getting to a login screen, so the web interface looks like it is working. From memory I think the username is meant to be "installer" and the password is the installer code for your alarm panel....the default installer password is "9713" .... if this is your password I would strongly suggest changing it as soon as possible. If you have the 6 digit code option enabled, the default password will be "971300".

Depending on what firmware you have, the configuration procedure for your ComNav may vary a bit. The installation manual suggests disabling the network option of the ComNav once you have configured the ComNav module and set up users, permissions, etc.

Cheers

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.
    Your correct the website is working. I think it's just the wrong credentials. Using the username installer i can't login no matter what password i use.
    If i change the installer password on the security panel does this change the password for this login?
    Can I reset the comnav to default including the passwords?

Thanks

Default ComNav login

Thanks for the reply.
    Your correct the website is working. I think it's just the wrong credentials. Using the username installer i can't login no matter what password i use.
    If i change the installer password on the security panel does this change the password for this login?
    Can I reset the comnav to default including the passwords?

Hi ritzy,

My understanding of the Hills 12x and Reliance Rxx panels is that there is an installer code and a master code. Installer code is used to program the alarm panel modules, the master code is used to program or change user codes for the alarm system. It is important that you know the installer code for your alarm system, otherwise you cannot program module features correctly. I am assuming that you followed the instructions for adding the ComNav via the keypad of your alarm panel.

It sounds like you have the correct installer code from the fact that you managed to register the ComNav module. Changing the installer code at the panel will change the installer code for the ComNav. Did you default the ComNav module after you registered the module with the panel? If not, read on...

Assuming you have the installation manual that came with the ComNav (otherwise google "ComNav installation manual" and select the Hills PDF link) ....

Instructions to default the ComNav via the TouchNav keypad:-

Please note, if you do not have the correct installer code, the only real option is to default your alarm panel (which defaults the installer code to the 4 digit "9713" code).....this should be a last resort, as you will need to program all the necessary panel features again, including settings for local noise compliance laws. It doesn't sound like you need to do this. Unless you know what you are doing, I do not advise resetting your alarm panel.

My suggestions.....
    • Check all your cable connections are correct
    • Ensure you followed the module registration process as per the ComNav programming guide
    • Default the ComNav (as shown below)

[MENU]
      [SETTINGS]
      [ENTER INSTALLERS CODE], which is [9,7,1,3] ***This is the default installer code. Use the correct installer code for your panel***
      [PROGRAM]
      [1,9,1] then [ENTER]
      [9,1,0] then [ENTER]
      [EXIT]

• Modify feature 19 options via the alarm keypad. This is used to enable the Network options in the ComNav menu when you log in with installer or a master account.

[MENU]
      [SETTINGS]
      [ENTER INSTALLERS CODE], which is [9,7,1,3]
      [PROGRAM]
      [1,9,1] then [ENTER]
      [1,9] then [ENTER]
      Disable options [2,3]
      Enable Options [1,4,5,6,7,8]
      [EXIT]

• Log into the ComNav and configure network settings (with the installer account)
    • Make sure you note the serial number and set a passcode for your ComNav. This will be used for the mobile app that you set up later.
    • Configure/check user codes where necessary. You can changes user names if you like, which may be useful with the ComNav logs/notifications.
    • Disable feature 19 options as below (removes network option in the ComNav after network changes have been made).

[MENU]
      [SETTINGS]
      [PROGRAM]
      [1,9,1] then [ENTER]
      [1,9] then [ENTER]
      Disable options [6]
      [EXIT]

• Store your codes safely in a password manager like keepass if you have difficulty remembering the password / codes. It is easier to remember one strong password than many.

Please note that when you default the ComNav module, user names are "User 1", "User 2", "User 3" ....etc. The alarm code in position 1 will be "User 1", code 2 "User 2", etc.... . The installer code is not part of this User list. I think the ComNav login page also default to http and not https. If you are unable to get to on your local network , log into your router and check the IP address that your router lists for the ComNav connection.

Hopefully my post is not overkill....have fun

Thanks

Re Default login allows httpS
    The default config allows httpS only so you'll need to enable http via codepad using instructions on p19-20 “Allowing advanced configuration via web browser” in ComNav Installer manual.

Thanks

Thanks you so much for the replys.

After following the instructions i finally got in and have access to all area's.

Another question i'm hoping you can answer.

Looking at the manual i can use the dascomnav to expand the number of PIR i have connected to the system.

The system currently is a 4 PIR system.

How does the security system see these and how would i program them?

Do they connect to the dascomnav where it says additional zones?

Do I need zone doubling set on system and dascomnav or at all?

Thanks again.

Thanks

Default Adding PIRs

Thanks you so much for the replys.

After following the instructions i finally got in and have access to all area's.

Another question i'm hoping you can answer.

Looking at the manual i can use the dascomnav to expand the number of PIR i have connected to the system.

The system currently is a 4 PIR system.

How does the security system see these and how would i program them?

Do they connect to the dascomnav where it says additional zones?

Do I need zone doubling set on system and dascomnav or at all?

Thanks again.

The ComNav doesn't have the capability to add additional PIR sensors through its interface (I don't think so anyway), it just reads what is programmed into the alarm panel. New sensors have to be configured through the keypad on your alarm panel. From memory the panel detects new sensors connected when it is powered on (you will have to check the manual)....if you have an older panel like an R12 , I think up to 8 sensors are supported without zone doubling. When powering on, the battery backup will need to be disconnected temporarily.. Remove the positive battery terminal first, then add it back last to minimise any surge from the battery (much like a car battery). Adding PIRs to relevant zones will be the other part to worry about. Usually the first zone is a delayed alarm zone (ie. the keypad zone), the rest is instant alarm/trigger (usually the alarm panel box will be in one of these zones) ....again, check the manual for your panel on how to select this.

Thanks

How does the zone doubling work. Does it just double the amount of PIR's the system can handle without any negatives?

Thanks

Default ComNav notifications

Hi all, apologies about replying to an older thread. Was hoping that someone would help me. I currently have a ComNav and TouchNav module installed. Originally only had a hills alarm with touchnav and added on a comnav to it mid last year. Unfortunately, since adding on my comnav device, i have been unable to receive phone notifications whenever the alarm triggers. Anyone willing to help or provide suggestions? From memory the installer had similar issues at the time of installation as well and managed to get it working once, then left and its never worked since. Is this an issue as i am because i am in an Opticomm (NBN equivalent) area? Help please...

Thanks

do you have access to the web interface?

Thanks

do you have access to the web interface?
    yes i do. Ive tried configuring my mobile number via 3 different ways. Via the touchnav, web interface and the xconnect app all to no success. Any ideas Ritzy?

Thanks

Try either 125107 or 13450641 in the SMS server box. Seems some have success with one and not the other. Seems to be what telco you are with affects it.
    Also try and call them from the PSTN line and make sure you get modem sound and not a recorded message.

To test tick the open and close option so when you turn alarm on it will sms. Then you can turn alarm on and off to test.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks

I mean via the web interface

Thanks

Try either 125107 or 13450641 in the SMS server box. Seems some have success with one and not the other. Seems to be what telco you are with affects it.
    Also try and call them from the PSTN line and make sure you get modem sound and not a recorded message.

To test tick the open and close option so when you turn alarm on it will sms. Then you can turn alarm on and off to test.

Let me know how that goes.
    i know for one 125107 doesn't work on mine. Ive tried it before. I think this is because we are in a non-Telstra FTTH estate. Ill try out 13450641 when i get home tonight. I sure as anything hope something works be it email/SMS/phone call as its annoying to have an alarm trigger be it false or not and not find out about it until i get home.

Thanks

I have a client with DAS/Comnav that had issues with sms reports on NBN. Tried different numbers. I took a bosch Sol 6000 panel as another panel to test the sms reporting on the NBN and it worked. The domestic dial function would work with the das panel on NBN.
    So possibly an issue DAS / Comnav products reporting via sms on NBN.
    I upgraded the comnav firmware so now it does push notifications for the client on the NBN and no problems since.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hocm View Post
    i know for one 125107 doesn't work on mine. Ive tried it before. I think this is because we are in a non-Telstra FTTH estate. Ill try out 13450641 when i get home tonight. I sure as anything hope something works be it email/SMS/phone call as its annoying to have an alarm trigger be it false or not and not find out about it until i get home.
    just tried 13450641. Didnt work Any other ideas buddy? like i said previously very frustrating and kind of pointless to have an alarm that cant alert me that its been triggered. Used to work pre-comnav installation if that helps.

Thanks

Default help with Comnav login

Hello

Apologies for bringing up an old thread.

I have setup my ComNav V2 as advised below. I can see the IP address and ping is successful, also the red light on the ComNav panel is shining constant red indicating it is connected to the cloud. However, when I get to the stage of logging in with my local computer web browser, I get the following message only:

404: File not found
    Use MPFS Upload to program web pages

I am at a loss what to do next. I have tried different web browsers and computers with the same result. I have entered in the program mode via keypad, disabled secure https, enabled web programming.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Your help is most appreciated.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by YesMan View Post
    Hi ritzy,

My understanding of the Hills 12x and Reliance Rxx panels is that there is an installer code and a master code. Installer code is used to program the alarm panel modules, the master code is used to program or change user codes for the alarm system. It is important that you know the installer code for your alarm system, otherwise you cannot program module features correctly. I am assuming that you followed the instructions for adding the ComNav via the keypad of your alarm panel.

It sounds like you have the correct installer code from the fact that you managed to register the ComNav module. Changing the installer code at the panel will change the installer code for the ComNav. Did you default the ComNav module after you registered the module with the panel? If not, read on...

Assuming you have the installation manual that came with the ComNav (otherwise google "ComNav installation manual" and select the Hills PDF link) ....

Instructions to default the ComNav via the TouchNav keypad:-

Please note, if you do not have the correct installer code, the only real option is to default your alarm panel (which defaults the installer code to the 4 digit "9713" code).....this should be a last resort, as you will need to program all the necessary panel features again, including settings for local noise compliance laws. It doesn't sound like you need to do this. Unless you know what you are doing, I do not advise resetting your alarm panel.

My suggestions.....
    • Check all your cable connections are correct
    • Ensure you followed the module registration process as per the ComNav programming guide
    • Default the ComNav (as shown below)

[MENU]
      [SETTINGS]
      [ENTER INSTALLERS CODE], which is [9,7,1,3] ***This is the default installer code. Use the correct installer code for your panel***
      [PROGRAM]
      [1,9,1] then [ENTER]
      [9,1,0] then [ENTER]
      [EXIT]

• Modify feature 19 options via the alarm keypad. This is used to enable the Network options in the ComNav menu when you log in with installer or a master account.

[MENU]
      [SETTINGS]
      [PROGRAM]
      [1,9,1] then [ENTER]
      [1,9] then [ENTER]
      Disable options [2,3]
      Enable Options [1,4,5,6,7,8]
      [EXIT]

• Log into the ComNav and configure network settings (with the installer account)
    • Make sure you note the serial number and set a passcode for your ComNav. This will be used for the mobile app that you set up later.
    • Configure/check user codes where necessary. You can changes user names if you like, which may be useful with the ComNav logs/notifications.
    • Disable feature 19 options as below (removes network option in the ComNav after network changes have been made).

[MENU]
      [SETTINGS]
      [PROGRAM]
      [1,9,1] then [ENTER]
      [1,9] then [ENTER]
      Disable options [6]
      [EXIT]

• Store your codes safely in a password manager like keepass if you have difficulty remembering the password / codes. It is easier to remember one strong password than many.

Please note that when you default the ComNav module, user names are "User 1", "User 2", "User 3" ....etc. The alarm code in position 1 will be "User 1", code 2 "User 2", etc.... . The installer code is not part of this User list. I think the ComNav login page also default to http and not https. If you are unable to get to on your local network , log into your router and check the IP address that your router lists for the ComNav connection.

Hopefully my post is not overkill....have fun

• Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast