Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DAS Hills Comnav

Thanks

No as it also uses the serial number of the comnav.

Thanks

Hi guys

I was wondering if someone could help me. I have tried to setup the push notifications. I have made sure the phone name is spelt correctly in the email reporting section but for some reason, I'm still not getting notifications.

I have selected to receive every notification on the Email Reporting.

Via the ComNav, the user account has the following authority:
    - Arm/Disarm
    - Bypass
    - Reporting

Is there anything else I need to select to get push notifications?

Thank you so much! Really appreciate any advice

Thanks

Default UltraConnect Android app push notifications

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie3 View Post
    Hi guys

I was wondering if someone could help me. I have tried to setup the push notifications. I have made sure the phone name is spelt correctly in the email reporting section but for some reason, I'm still not getting notifications.

- Arm/Disarm
    - Bypass
    - Reporting

Hi Georgie3,

Just remember that the push email address that the Ultraconnect app generates for your device, in the Push Notifications section, needs to be added to one of the 3 email address locations in the 'Email Reporting' section of the Comnav configuration GUI.

This generated email address is typically in the form of <Your Mobile Device Name>@u.... .

Add the appropriate events for the relevant email address # . The return email address should be a valid email address that you use. Once configured appropriately, save your settings in the Comnav GUI. Typically
    - Alarms
    - Restores
    - Opening/Closing
    - Bypass
    - Power Trouble

are the settings you would want....others are up to you. If you like, set up an alternative email address for all event reporting, including system tests and log alerts.

You may test by arming/disarming your system using the app. Please note that arming will report only after the exit timer period has completed.

Cheers

Thanks

Default UltraConnect Android app push notifications

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie3 View Post
    Hi guys

- Arm/Disarm
    - Bypass
    - Reporting

Gerorgie3,

Check :
    1. Push notification toggle in ultraconnect app is on.
    2. Email entered in Comnav configuration GUI (using installer login) is correct with respective email notifications enabled. While not relevant to troubleshooting, also check for a valid return email in email reporting settings(not the push notification email generated by the app).
    3. Check your mobile device has mobile data enabled for the Ultraconnect app. Also check data saver settings for the Ultraconnect app is off.
    4. Check all mobile device system notification settings are enabled for your app. This can be found in your Android settings under app notifications.
    5. Check app permissions for storage and location are permitted for the Ultraconnect app.
    6. Check that notifications are working by configuring an alternative email address.....this will test if email notifications are working with the Comnav. Once you confirm operation you can remove the email setting.

See how you go with the above troubleshooting.

Thanks

Hi
    I am having this same problem is there a solution to this
    thankyou

Thanks

Lightbulb Obtain mobile notification email for ComNav Email Reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaned75 View Post
    Hi
    I am having this same problem is there a solution to this
    thankyou

For troubleshooting see posts #47, #61, #67, #68, #69 .

Assuming you have the UltraSync+ app. installed and the app is configured and communicating with your ComNav module ...

All you need to do is use the email generated by the app and save that email in one of the 3 email notification groups of your ComNav module (via the web interface under Email Reporting).

1. Go to the notification services section of your mobile app.
    2. Toggle the Notification switch to ON
    3. See the notification email generated. Generally this is in the form similar to <mydevicename>@wXy.z . It takes the phone device name, makes it all lower case with no spaces.
    4. Copy this generated email address in one of the 3 Email Reporting groups in the ComNav web interface, using a PC an a web browser connected to your ComNav on your local network.
    5. Select the notification types for the email group, then select save config.
    6. Test your app by arming/disarming your system. If you have these options checked when you saved your config you will get notifications on your mobile app. Please ensure that you allow notifications in your Android mobile settings for the application. See Settings > Apps & notifications > UltraSync+ ..... (or whatever your ComNav app is called ..i.e. xConnect / UltraSync ... )

Have a read of my previous posts related to configuring the ComNav.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YesMan View Post
    For troubleshooting see posts #47, #61, #67, #68, #69 .

Assuming you have the UltraSync+ app. installed and the app is configured and communicating with your ComNav module ...

All you need to do is use the email generated by the app and save that email in one of the 3 email notification groups of your ComNav module (via the web interface under Email Reporting).

1. Go to the notification services section of your mobile app.
    2. Toggle the Notification switch to ON
    3. See the notification email generated. Generally this is in the form similar to <mydevicename>@wXy.z . It takes the phone device name, makes it all lower case with no spaces.
    4. Copy this generated email address in one of the 3 Email Reporting groups in the ComNav web interface, using a PC an a web browser connected to your ComNav on your local network.
    5. Select the notification types for the email group, then select save config.
    6. Test your app by arming/disarming your system. If you have these options checked when you saved your config you will get notifications on your mobile app. Please ensure that you allow notifications in your Android mobile settings for the application. See Settings > Apps & notifications > UltraSync+ ..... (or whatever your ComNav app is called ..i.e. xConnect / UltraSync ... )

Have a read of my previous posts related to configuring the ComNav.
    I too have followed all the setup steps numerous times and still cannot get push notifications to work on iPhone. I have installed and tried UltraConnect and UltraSynch+.

Reliance R12, ComNav, email alerts, all work fine - except for the all important need for immediate notifications, now that SMS doesn't work with NBN and alarm panels. Driving me nuts!
    Last edited by sioseeker; 23-10-18 at 12:01 PM.

Thanks

Lightbulb Push notifications not working when enabled in ComNav mobile application.

Quote Originally Posted by sioseeker View Post
    I too have followed all the setup steps numerous times and still cannot get push notifications to work on iPhone. I have installed and tried UltraConnect and UltraSynch+.

Reliance R12, ComNav, email alerts, all work fine - except for the all important need for immediate notifications, now that SMS doesn't work with NBN and alarm panels. Driving me nuts!
    Hi sioseeker.

Some things to note:
    1. The troubleshooting for the app notification does not assist with 'SMS' notifications. This is only to get the UltraSync+ (or equivalent) app notifications to work.....you will need mobile data for this feature to work (or constant WiFi connectivity, which is less common).
    2. For SMS notification you will need an SMS server service (usually charge per SMS) with a provider like Telstra. This costs money and in some cases can be less reliable than the email push service method. This will also need to be configured in your ComNav module interface, using the 'installer' login.
    3. Please confirm that you can communicate correctly with your ComNav via the app. Log in and check your logs is a good start. I find the chime test also good (turn chime on, listen to the chime on your alarm keypad, then turn chime off, listen to the chime on your alarm keypad).

Now, regarding your inability to receive push notifications.... It sounds like you do not have reporting features enabled (Features 9 & 16 for R12/NX12 panels). Some settings in Feature 22 and Feature 39 may also be applicable. I am referencing an R128 manual as well, programming should be similar .

Programming the alarm panel is a more complex task than programming the ComNav module.....you will need to configure the panel via your alarm panel keypad. Some features are configured with binary codes, others with the selection of specific keypad buttons. Your installer and master codes should be known as well, as this is required to perform programming tasks.

Instructions on programming can be found online for your panel, but the R12 is an older model, so you may need to look for a NetworX manual (still a Hills panel).

Some words of warning before you attempt any programming changes via the keypad.
    • If you reset you panel, you will need to make sure that your alarm is re-configured for noise compliance requirements in your state of residence. Often the regulations state that your alarm can sound for no more that 5 minutes and can repeat (reset and re-trigger alarm siren) no more that 3 times after an alarm event. Please check regulations in your area if you are unsure. Timer related configurations are typically found in Feature
    • Know your installer code. The only other way to program is to reset your panel, which defaults the code to 971300. It is highly recommended that the installer code is changed after a reset. 4 or 6 digit codes (default is 4) can be selected....so something else to consider if you end up resetting your alarm panel.
    See Feature 23 (R12/NX12 manual) for alarm counter - 'Siren / Communicator Attempt Counter'.

Read the manual first to understand the options If possible, copy down all the programming settings if you enter installer mode, that way you have a reference to restore settings.

There is also another option....pay a professional if you are not confident. I hope I helped.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sioseeker View Post

Folks..... an update.

Determined that indeed UltraConnect doesn't send push notifications to iOS 12. UltraSynch+ does work! There was an app update in the last few days that fixes Push Notifications.

Hills are still working on fixing UltraConnect.

I also had an error with confusion of I and l. They look identical on the app. The generated Push Notification email address is tricky and may contain O, 0, I, l, etc. On the little grey text on a phone the I and l look absolutely identical. (Ha - that would be a capital i and a lower case L).

One thing that may help others troubleshoot is to send an email to the generated phone email address "johni6@uOL.n". If you get a bounce back it may reveal that the URL "uOL.n" is invalid and you have mis-typed it.

Thanks again for those who assisted via PM's. I hope this info is of assistance.
    Last edited by sioseeker; 21-11-18 at 08:38 PM.

Thanks

I setup 2 comnavs today, connected to new iphone model with iOS 12.
    I used UltraConnect. No issues. Push notifications worked ok.

I also tested it to my iPhone SE which is using iOS 12. No problems. All worked.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    I setup 2 comnavs today, connected to new iphone model with iOS 12.
    I used UltraConnect. No issues. Push notifications worked ok.

I also tested it to my iPhone SE which is using iOS 12. No problems. All worked.
    Thanks for the update. I'm still all good with Untrasynch+. The trickiest bit was sorting the L and I in the generated URL.

Thanks

Hi Guys,
    There was an UltraSynch+ update on the 30th of Jan and I stopped receiving push notifications. The last one was received on the 30/01. My mate has same problem. Last notification received on the 30th. Does anyone else experience the same issue?

Thanks

I have a Hills Reliance alarm with Comnav unit and have successfully managed to activate push notifications on my iPhone XR with Ultrasync+ (I have tried Ultraconnect before but it does not work with the same settings).

I have enabled location services but when I leave home I receive a push notification "Request is not supported by alarm system". I suspect that something needs to be changed in the alarm unit settings, but my alarm installer reckons that the IOS Ultrasync+ location services actions are incompatible with Hills alarms, i.e. the issue is caused by the app, not the alarm. Can anyone confirm/dispute this or help with resolving the issue? TIA

Thanks

Is the app option enabled in the phone setting for allow location

Thanks

Hi Rusty-pie,
    Can you please confirm that you are still getting the push notifications with the latest UltraSync+ v 2.13.1 Build 0328 ?
    I have noticed when I disable and then enable Push Notifications i get "The alarm system does not support the requested language"
    I don't recall getting this error in the past. I have tried to change the language from English AU to English US and UK, but it has made no difference.
    Still, don't understand why the latest update of UltraSync+ App on iOS broke the push notifications for me and my mate.

Thanks

I have enabled location services on the app and allowed the app to alway access my location on the iPhone. It looks that the app tries to arm the alarm when I am more than 400m away from home, but the alarm system does not support that action. I receive a push notification saying "Request is not supported by alarm system".

I have UltraSync+ v 2.13.1 Build 0328 and the push notifications work fine.

Thanks

Has anyone been successful in getting the location services (check status and/or geo actions) to work on UltraConnect or ultrasync app?

Thanks

Default Ultrasync+ App no longer connecting to Comnav with new NBN router

I'm wondering if anyone else has had any trouble and found a solution to a problem i am finding.
    I had my hills alarm connected to my previous ADSL Telstra router so that i can connect via the Ultrasync app to switch alarm on/off etc.

I have now moved over to the new NBN Telstra router and the Ultrasync app says "Alarm system unreachable or passcode incorrect"
    It's not the passcode. Its the same and works when i used the previous ADSL router.

This is not a back to base alarm system, so didn't need any additional services from the NBN ( i didn't think). I'd have thought that the way it is being used is just another device connected to the home network

Anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks

Probably the IP address of the comnav needs updating. The comnav may of been set to static address and the new modem might be a different IP address range.

Thanks

Hi Guys. New here. I was googling the commnav and came across this site and Post. I'm interested in having remote access to my alarm, to arm, disarm, partially alarm, and monitor which zones have gone off when it fires. Would comnav do the job on my reliance 128 panel in my home. I have ethernet available to the panel currently. I do not have the installer code as the company who did my installation some years ago set it, and didn't give it to me, and they have since gone out of business.

I am in sydney, south, near hurstville. What should I be expecting to pay to have a comnav supplied, installed, and correctly commissioned ?

I have NBN FTTC connected also - if that is a consideration from reading this thread. We use Iphones, all with the latest software updates.

If anyone on here is an installer working in my area and want to PM me regarding potentially doing this for me and quoting me, Id be happy to hear from you. I suspect this needs a good installer who knows what they are doing. I have called a couple independent local security installers and they do not seem to have the detailed knowledge required to set these things up - Which I understand.

Happy to get any advice or direction. Thanks.

• Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast