Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DAS Hills Comnav

Thanks

Hi Guys. Reviving and old thread. Hoping someone can help me with my previous post above ? thanks

Thanks

Maybe try contacting Hills Alexandria Branch, they should be able to give you some contacts for local installers.

Thanks

Default Unreliable Push / Email Notifications

Sorry to revive an old thread, but hoping someone may have come across this issue and have an idea.

Basically, I've installed a ComNav module and have set it up. I can log into it via the web portal, as well as via the UltraSync+ app on iOS14.0.1. I can Arm/Disarm via the app with no issues.

My issue is that my notifications are not reliably working. I don't believe it's a push notification issue as it also affects email. i.e. when the notifications work, I get the push notification via UltraSync+ on iOS14 AND I get an email. But when they don't work, I don't get either notification. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, it's not limited to specific user codes, or alert types, or email address (have added 2 seperate emails in settings and either get it to both addresses or neither).

Nothing in my set up changes between when it works and when it doesn't, it just seems to be an intermittent problem. The ComNav has a static IP and I can see it connected to my router. I can arm it and get a notification, then 10 minutes later disarm it via the same user on the same device and not get a notification.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? I'd really appreciate any advice or ideas anyone has.

Thank you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spanner82 View Post
    Sorry to revive an old thread, but hoping someone may have come across this issue and have an idea.

Basically, I've installed a ComNav module and have set it up. I can log into it via the web portal, as well as via the UltraSync+ app on iOS14.0.1. I can Arm/Disarm via the app with no issues.

My issue is that my notifications are not reliably working. I don't believe it's a push notification issue as it also affects email. i.e. when the notifications work, I get the push notification via UltraSync+ on iOS14 AND I get an email. But when they don't work, I don't get either notification. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, it's not limited to specific user codes, or alert types, or email address (have added 2 seperate emails in settings and either get it to both addresses or neither).

Nothing in my set up changes between when it works and when it doesn't, it just seems to be an intermittent problem. The ComNav has a static IP and I can see it connected to my router. I can arm it and get a notification, then 10 minutes later disarm it via the same user on the same device and not get a notification.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? I'd really appreciate any advice or ideas anyone has.

Thank you!
    Have you tried contacting the place that sold it? Should be your first point of call.

Taken many of these out for your reasons and installed pm24's with no issues after that and no issues paying a small fee for the support / notifications

Thanks

Try the UltraConnect app instead. Don't know if it will make any difference though.

How old is the comnav board?

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by xr5adam View Post
    Have you tried contacting the place that sold it? Should be your first point of call.

Taken many of these out for your reasons and installed pm24's with no issues after that and no issues paying a small fee for the support / notifications
    Thanks for the suggestion. It was an eBay purchase so not sure how much they'll know about it, but I'll give it a shot. Might also need to look into these pm24's you mention to see if it's worth changing over. Thanks for the input!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    Try the UltraConnect app instead. Don't know if it will make any difference though.

How old is the comnav board?
    Doesn't seem to be app related. I've tried UltraConnect and UltaSync+ with the same results. And the fact that I'm not getting emails either makes me think it's something with the board or the connection to the cloud servers it uses for notifications. I only purchased it a couple of months ago. Appreciate your reply

Thanks

Could also be your home data network issue? How reliable is your internet.
    Or clash of internet ports with another device on your network.
    I've never really had many issues with the comnav.

Thanks

Could also be your home data network issue? How reliable is your internet.
    Or clash of internet ports with another device on your network.
    I've never really had many issues with the comnav.
    Thanks again for your input. I don't think it's my internet. It's a very reliable FTTP connection and the ComNav has a fixed IP address so shouldn't be interfering with anything else. Don't have issues with any other devices, just this one. I must just be lucky!

Thanks

Hi,

Reviving old thread about the comnav. Recently my ultraconnect app would not connect in ( i was still getting push notifications though ). I did some troubleshooting, and eventually defaulting the comnav board and reconfiguring it.

No matter what I do, I can not get the app to connect anymore. It either sits there with a spinny circle, or says alarm system response timeout.

I have checked all my network gear and its all fine, I even went as far as to enable upnp on my router to see if it was trying to setup a port bind.

Would be greatfull for any further ideas as I am stuck. I get the same in both ultraconnect and ultrasync+

I have a static ip at home, and a solid monitoring around my internet so its definitely not that.

thanks,
    Matt

Thanks

How did you default it?

Can you connect to it via web bowser?

Thanks

Via the keypad 191# 910#

Yes I can access the Web page and have set the pass code. Everything else works via the website (can arm ect)

When I do a mismatch of pass code the app errors with a wrong passcode error, so its talking, it just won't load in the app. Tried remove/reinstall app as well as from another device.

Thanks,
    Matt

Thanks

And it is sending alert notifications (well i get them on email.. since i deleted the app, i also no longer get the notification) .. i got these weird ones on arming and disarming this morning on my gmail:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Security <do-not-reply@message-report.com>
    9:01 AM (5 hours ago)
    to me

TgãÓ$„LÍ°A`§ s)
    n¶ þÔ1&ÍšÍ DË 7_iate: 21 Mar

[Message clipped] View entire message
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Security <do-not-reply@message-report.com>
    10:40 AM (3 hours ago)
    to me

Turn Off
    Are6¥Qi^ ÑìôŽ«‚îY H0:39
    Date: 16 Jan

[Message clipped] View entire message

Thanks

Hi Brains Trust..
    I've finally gotten around to trying to setup push notifications to my phone, because until now have relied on sms but my 3g dialler carked it and not really in a position to buy a new one atm.

I setup the in the email field on the comnav the code it gives me from Ultra connect ie smg970f@u.Ja.n but my mail server just comes back with host or domain name not found.
    The notification works fine to an email address... but would be hand for it to work with the app too! Any thoughts what have I missed.. the Comnav/Ultraconnect doco is suitably useless.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beeblebrox View Post
    Hi Brains Trust..
    I've finally gotten around to trying to setup push notifications to my phone, because until now have relied on sms but my 3g dialler carked it and not really in a position to buy a new one atm.

I setup the in the email field on the comnav the code it gives me from Ultra connect ie smg970f@u.Ja.n but my mail server just comes back with host or domain name not found.
    The notification works fine to an email address... but would be hand for it to work with the app too! Any thoughts what have I missed.. the Comnav/Ultraconnect doco is suitably useless.
    How old is your comnav board?

Are you sure there is an extra dot in that address? Maybe ----@uJa.n

Thanks

How old is your comnav board?

Are you sure there is an extra dot in that address? Maybe ----@uJa.n
    Sorry that extra dot was my typo in the message not in the comnav... the comnav is probably 10 years old..
    It's sending email notifications ok when it goes to my email server , the email server can't find the @uJa.n should I try a different SMTP server?

Thanks

I think the firmware in your comnav is to old for it to work with the app.

Thanks

Default COMNAV flash upgade

hi all
    have a comnav module , probably about 4 years old, and trying to get the unit firmware upgraded to latest.

atm, don't have the option to rename zones so hoping a firmware upgrade will fix this. any advise on how this can be done

thanks

Thanks

Is the user code used in comnav setup a master code?
    Only codes with master rights can do zone names etc.
    In the comnav app do you see "history" and "more" icons across the bottom toolbar?
    Otherwise check with the person who setup the comnav.
    Firmware updates is best done at Hills office.
    I don't think firmware is your issue.

Thanks

Default Something to consider - Reliance XR Pro

Quote Originally Posted by joeyschinella View Post
    hi all
    have a comnav module , probably about 4 years old, and trying to get the unit firmware upgraded to latest.

atm, don't have the option to rename zones so hoping a firmware upgrade will fix this. any advise on how this can be done

thanks

Depending on what you plan to spend to get things working, there is another option. The Hills Reliance 8/12/128 and older Networx panels can use the ComNav IP module but upgrading requires a USB tool that seems to be restricted to licensed installers. I imagine this would cost around the $200 mark to get it upgraded by a suitable technician, which could vary based on location.

There is a newer series Reliance XR Pro which includes some of the following features built into the mainboard.

• Onboard IP Reporting/LAN
    • Onboard Wireless Receiver (dual ITI receiver)
    • Cellular Radio (3G+4G)
    • Smart App Support
      Firmware upgradeable via USBUP flash tool or over the network via DLX900 (downloadable software tool)

Advantage with the XR Pro is that it has dual SIM 4G/Wi-Fi module built in (e.g. can use a SIM card service) and a wireless receivers. The equivalent of the ComNav IP ethernet module is also built in, using the UltraSync+ mobile application. Overall, the board integrates all the features onto a smaller board. The wireless ITI receivers allows for wireless smoke detectors and other sensors (no need to cable to the panel), which is good for various larger, or complex design home builds (reducing cabling requirements). With Australian states pretty much mandating mains powered smoke detectors, this could end up costing less in labour charges for installation.

Sorry for throwing a spanner in the works.... not really what you were after. You will most likely find it easier to get a technician to fix it as Hills won't sell/give the USB programmer or firmware to anyone other than an authorised installer. (maybe you may get lucky and find someone that can help with this).

• Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast