Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rebooting itself everytime i go to change channel

Thanks

It has been suggested that the cause of the issue has been either an update to all decoders on the network that has proved faulty, or an issue with the satellite broadcast (some using broadband satellite services are experiencing outages) - possibly due to solar flares.

The number for the VAST service is actually 1300 993 376. They do not operate outside of business hours, although it is likely that a fix will be introduced in the next 24-48 hours. Failing that, they will be contactable Monday morning. Any other line mentioned can only provide general information, FYI.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WilliamHartnell For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (24-03-12),Tiny (24-03-12)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Ditto on standard and pvr unit...turned them both off

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by viewer View Post
    Ditto on standard and pvr unit...turned them both off
    It is probably necessary that you leave your decoder on, on channel 800, see above, if a firmware update is to be released.

Also noted comments re: after hours helpline. It WOULD be grand, but remember that this is a free-to-air satellite service and might not be resourced to meet that requirement.
    Last edited by WilliamHartnell; 24-03-12 at 03:46 PM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

I'm hesitant to leave it rebooting, as this is not good for the power supply.

Thanks

as soon as i click on the tv guide button all reboots this must be a major issue they will have to release a software update surely to fix this nit is almost unusable dont think it is solar flares foxtel is working fine

Thanks

It is indeed drawing a long bow to suggest solar interference, I just noted some friends were having trouble with their Satellite Broadband at the same time. Irrespective of that, a firmware udpate cannot be far away. I'm going to call them on Monday if mine doesn't come through.

• The Following User Says Thank You to WilliamHartnell For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (24-03-12)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

I am 99% sure the box shits itself when there's an apostrophe or an incorrect character in the TV Guide. For example, right now on Imparja there is "Imparja's Horse Racing" with a big fat apostrophe in there. Works fine on every channel except Imparja, or anything that reads the Imparja EPG (the TV Guide)...

EDIT: It actually isn't an apostrophe in that title at all, it's a character that looks like an apostrophe. This foreign character causes all sorts of issues on Sat TV Guide, and by the looks of it, UEC's way of reading and interpreting the EIT table.
    Last edited by Smacca; 24-03-12 at 04:01 PM.

| www.SatTVGuide.com.au |

Volunteer, non-profit online TV guides for VAST viewers.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

smacca, obviously your on a different beam to us on the East coast as my STB wont change channels or do anything but reboot repiticously.
    I saw the Impaja info bar and that 'mark' but the time for the program was fixed at 11.00 or 11.30 and that was after 1300 my time here and that time was still there the last time I had a picture which was now over an hour ago.

on reflection delete 'different Beam' and substitute 'Data Stream' as all our STB's receive Data telling it what to lock onto after it finds the 'Home Transponder' relevant to your authorised region.
    Now if smacca still has his running albeit missing 'Imparja (in WA?) that suggests to me that those of us on the East coast may have 'lost' that Data and the STB is seaching for it the same as when it loses a signal during 'outages'.

Has anyone considered if the earthquake in SA earlier today may have affected any communication links ??
    IPSTAR internet satelitte has a 'Gateway' at Kalgoolie which means it must have links to both east and west and maybe the earthquake affected the cables or other comm links accross OZ ???
    Dont dismiss this as a few Years ago a cable was cut a few miles North of Sydney and the whole Mobile Phone service in Dubbo went out, 400 kms away.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 24-03-12 at 04:30 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

What i did yesterday when my sh!t box was rebooting over and over was to remove all connection.
    Removed power and then started up. All was well.
    Reconnected lnb all ok.
    Reconnected HDMI unit ffed. Went to reboot cycle again.
    Replaced cable. All OK.
    Might not work for all set up's but worked for mine.
    Still working ok after 24 hours.
    Good luck with this crap box.
    Last edited by kevin1341; 24-03-12 at 04:13 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    smacca, obviously your on a different beam to us on the East coast as my STB wont change channels or do anything but reboot repiticously.
    I saw the Impaja info bar and that 'mark' but the time for the program was fixed at 11.00 or 11.30 and that was after 1300 my time here and that time was still there the last time I had a picture which was now over an hour ago.
    I have three boxes here, one for each zone. My WA one is working fine, but that is a trial PVR with latest firmware. The other two are stock standard (one's a v5.7, the other v6.0) and they're on a constant reboot loop if I stay tuned to Imparja. All other channels work fine. Imparja seems to be the only channel right now using that foreign apostrophe and knowing how the UEC handles the TV Guide, it must be the problem.

This isn't the first time either. I've had it happen a couple of times before, but it would usually go away pretty quickly. Probably because whatever program at the time had that apostrophe was only a half-hour long or so.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Smacca For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (24-03-12)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

Sounds like it could be something in the TV Guide, as it is only the TV Guide that has a problem
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 24-03-12 at 04:32 PM.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

Premium Member
    Thanks

Let's see if the rebooting stops when the horse racing is over and it's no longer in the table..
    Last edited by Smacca; 24-03-12 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks

Mine is also re-booting constantly unless left on Channel 800. It reboots no matter what I try eg Guide, Channel up n down, even the volume!! This is the first problem other than weather since installation in January. I am in NSW.

Thanks

" The whole VAST service is down Australia wide as of this morning and the matter has been escalated to the DBCDE for investigation. It is unclear as of the cause and when the service will be running again." These are the words direct from the Digital Switchover Team. (1800 20 10 13 option 3)

All of my customers on the latest firmware here in Victoria are experencing the decoder reset so i have advised them to turn them off @ the wall and try them back on every few hours. Hopefully we can save a few power supply problems.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Wow, this is weird, my box is still working perfectly, use it today to check guide for F1, no probs.

Not far of watching Qualifying at 6:30pm Eastern, its on Channel 1 & all good, so I'm not touching anything.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beavisbeaver View Post
    " The whole VAST service is down Australia wide as of this morning and the matter has been escalated to the DBCDE for investigation. It is unclear as of the cause and when the service will be running again." These are the words direct from the Digital Switchover Team. (1800 20 10 13 option 3)

All of my customers on the latest firmware here in Victoria are experencing the decoder reset so i have advised them to turn them off @ the wall and try them back on every few hours. Hopefully we can save a few power supply problems.
    As you posted this, I posted my previous comment, so I just checked again, I still have service on Ch1 at least, but not changing the channel for anybody until the F1 is over on Sunday night, sorry.

BTW my box is Standard UEC 4121 on East South. Tas Bouquet.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member
    Thanks

Great to see VAST using Ch 800 and the Irdeto messaging system to get that information out to everyone.

</sarcasm>

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smacca For This Useful Post:

dam0 (24-03-12),Tiny (24-03-12)

Thanks

Hi everybody I have just contacted vast to see what is going on with the system and it is a nation wide glitch in the system which they hope to rectify
    by tomorrow afternoon in case you would like to check on this yourself please ring 1800201013 and follow prompts for your area. hope this helps

Thanks

just called the 1800 number, said that theyre working on it. they recommend keeping the box on??, and mentioned it will update when ready??

Premium Member
    Thanks

Tomorrow arvo!? No free-to-air television for thousands of Australians until tomorrow arvo?!

• Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast