Thread: Memories of the past

Banned
    Thanks

Default Memories of the past

Can any members remember this little saga about the new PVR Vast Post some time back. Well here's a long waited answer.

I've been caught out.

Sorry sanity if this should be in another section but i thought this is the best place

Hi John,

So you are toyboy in the austech forums.

UEC advised me last year that the remotes would come out , and you would be paying for "the technology"
    at around $60.

Then the PVR boxes come out , and no remotes. I informed the same info UEC informed me , that they would be
    out. Then the new box with PVR comes out... customers call me up and question what i told them

UEC comes into my store with the new PVR remote and activation code, but UEC inform me the software needs to get
    approval from broadcasters before OTA updates can be processed autoamatically.

Fun and games.

I just pass on what i am told ... Sanity doesnt really like us - what do you do ?

Hal

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

If I can follow the story correctly, Hal is a retailer who does/did sell VAST stb's and he informed his Customers at the time that at a future date, UEC would release an Update to enable those STB's bought 'now' along with buying a new R/C for $60 allow them to record with that STB and of course thats never happend but UEC have instead begun selling VAST stb's with PVR enabled only or with a HDD.

I think Hal can take comfort that he and his customers are not the only ones led up the Slippery cyber slope by UEC and that he was only advising customers with details UEC supplied but to date havent carried out and for that reason Hal need not concern himself because of UEC's laxity.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Old Hal, the man that thought he could bribe me

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

This is obviously a posting that only those 'In the Know' can know what its about.
    I did wonder that the last line seemed to infere there was a previous History attatched.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    This is obviously a posting that only those 'In the Know' can know what its about.
    I did wonder that the last line seemed to infere there was a previous History attatched.
    Yeah gordon_s there is i searched yesterday but gave up trying to find it, mtv , osirus or good old leroy could tell you a thing about it maybe

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    A search is all thats required, example :

Spamming
    Dishonesty
    Slander
    Bribery

Take your pick of any the sites rules, he has broken probably all of them in numerous threads and emails. I'm not the only one that doesnt like him and his dishonest business methods.