- I can enter the configuration menu, change settings, save them etc
    - DVD movie region 1 - working
    - DVD movie region 2 - working
    - DVD movie region 4 - working
    - PS1 original disk - working
    - PS1 backup disk - working
    - PS2 original disk - working
    - PS2 backup disk - NOT working

So basically it will boot and play an out of region DVD movie and PS1 backup but not a PS2 backup. It thinks for a while then gives me the red screen of death (RSOD).

I was wondering if someone who knows a little more about these chips might be able to suggest what areas to look at for problems. My searching has revealed the following guide to the pins (from ):

• 3 Volt + power - self explanatory
    • ground -self explanatory
    • RST - reset point so modchip can detect reset button press to change the boot configuration
    • SX - SCEA, SCEE, SCEI, injected data for PS1 game
    • M N O P Q R U V W - all going to Bios chip to alter firmware by injecting data while the system boots, removes part of the copy protection (logo patch) and allows region free booting, 3rd party menu system, booting homebrew files etc
    • A B G H I - cd/dvd controller chip - removes 2nd part of hardware copy protection and region free booting - allows modchip to control the cd/dvd subsystem controller and sync with bios data injection
    • CX - PS2 internal clock oscillator - when modchip has onboard clock crystal its used to sync modchip data to PS2

I guess this indicates maybe the A B G H I connections might have an issue? I had an initial problem causing all disks to be detected as DVDs but found a short next to the P pin on the bios chip. Fixed this and checked for any other shorts around the bios chip with my multimeter but all looked well - however I now have the situation described above.

Most install guides indicate that the H line doesn't need to be connected for the V5/6 consoles, but instructions provided by the place I bought the chip this is required for PAL V5/6 consoles. Can anyone confirm this?

I also notice the install guides for the actual Matrix infinity look similar but don't use the G connection for V5/V6 installs regardless of PAL/US/JAP. Maybe this isn't needed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by radaxian; 02-04-12 at 09:41 PM. Reason: added DVD playing details

2. Look Here ->
    Thanks

Solved.

The 'I' wire joint had pulled off the motherboard pad. Fixed that up and all working.

Very pleased to have it working. Now to maybe look into setting up a HD (if I can find a network adapter for a reasonable price).