Thread: HD signal booster

Thanks

Default HD signal booster

Hi.

I have a samsung LCDTV with built-in HD tuner, but it has intermittent signal drop out. eg .. ten and SBS wok in the morning and then in the afternoon only ABC!!

I have to say my analogue signal is very poor too.

The satus of the antenna is unknown as it is on my roof and need a high ladder which I don't have.

Do you guys recommend a signal booster that I can use.

Cheers

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Forget a booster. Get your antenna and cabling from antenna to your tv sorted out first.

Thanks

Yep as dryfry said... improve the analogue then the digital will fall into place.
    Amplifying a 'crappy' signal will only give 'crappy' results.

Thanks

I have a TV in the lounge room that can get SBS digital fine, but a 15M cable run (RG-6) to my bedroom and my PC cannot tune in correctly anymore. Would a signal amp help me? Is my cable run too long? I'm dividing the signal in the roof with one of those . Would this be an issue. I'm pretty sure I crimped all the F-connectors real solid, got the correct tool for that and everything.

Thanks

PC tuners have a notorious reputation for lousiness. They are quite deaf, signal-wise. And, it hink something about code-rates? I think SBS have different FEC than all the other channels.

Thanks

According to SBS's website, FEC is 2/3. I'm not sure whether that's standard or not but it's what I have set up. So, if the tuner is deaf, or hearing impaired, then would an amp help?

Thanks

Hmm... I am not sure, as I haven't touched PC cards for a long while, but as in a normal digital TV installation, and has been mentioned, crap in = crap out, so an aplifier may or may not help.

Thanks

I get absolutely crap analogue reception, had probs with SBS digital dropping out and all the cabling seems ok in the roof etc. If I plug the antenna directly to tv it's fine if I go through a dvd recorder etc I loose SBS Digital.

I bought a Kingray amplifier from Jaycar for $100 and it fixed all my probs without having to get onto the roof where the aerial is because of height of the roof, pitch on the roof and 95% chance of dying while attempting it as it is in an awkward place. It also makes analogue Bris 31 a hell of a lot better but most of the other analogue channels are still crap. If your looking to just boost your digital signal enough so it won't drop out intermittently I would say go with with an amp, if you want all your analogue channels better then you will probably need to look at a new antenna/cables.

Samsung TVs also have a built in signal amplifier (at least mine does) you need to turn it on in the menu for that channel though but it wasn't enough to help me with SBS.