Thread: How to upgrade UltraPlus 980HD bootloader?

Thanks

Default How to upgrade UltraPlus 980HD bootloader?

I have had my UltraPlus 980HD DVR for a year or so now, and have performed multiple firmware upgrades as they were released to address problems with freezing. Each firmware release has had some noticeable improvement, but still it is no Tivo.

I recently noticed there is a bootloader 2.54 available. My device is running 2.52, but I can't get the upgrade to occur. These are the procedures I've attempted:
    - insert the USB key with the .ird file and it is detected. Perform a download and it reports the upgrade is in process but the bootloader doesn't change
    - boot with the USB key with .ird file inserted, and hold the CH+ button until the display shows SCAN USB. The file is detected and displayed onscreen but from then the outcome is the same - reports to install but nothing changes
    - saved my settings then performed a factory reset; then repeated the above procedures with the same outcome
    - applied the 1.10.05 plugin bundle
    - installed the HDF-Flasher-254 plugin, which auto-detected my device type and bootloader version, but when instructed to perform the upgrade, just displays the background image

Do I need to downgrade the firmware first? I am running 1.10.05, which installed without error. Which version was compatible with the 2.52 bootloader? Are there any special steps to delete newer plugins first before downgrading?

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Cheers, Barnaby

Look Here ->
    Thanks

This is the information I used to upgrade to 2.54
    freeviewshop.co.nz/downloads-i-23.html

Also, you must reboot and do a system restore to factory default
    Last edited by iannic52; 06-04-12 at 03:34 PM. Reason: added info

Thanks

I took the risk a rolled back a few versions.
    1.08.75 - HDF-Flasher-v254.07 immediately returned to channel being viewed (nothing happened)
    1.09.2 - same
    1.09.61 - HDF-Flasher just sits on background image. Nothing appears to be happening for over 10 minutes. Unit display just shows 'PLUGIN' This is the same behavior as when 1.10.05 was installed.
    Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks but I already tried that. After saying SCAN USB on the device, it just continues to load as normal and then shows the detected file on the TV. I select to load this, but as explained, the bootloader "installs" but the version doesn't change.

Do you remember which firmware version you were running when you upgraded the bootloader? Do you know which bootloader version you had installed before?
    Did the upgrade process after SCAN USB display on your device or on the TV?

Cheers for the info

Thanks

I had 2.52 and had no problem at all with the upgrade. I believe if you have trouble you can upgrade by rs232 port using a null modem cable although it takes some time to do. Yopu need the software called "porter.exe"
    Last edited by iannic52; 07-04-12 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks

I have a 980 running latest firmware and loader 2.52. Didn't realise that I needed 2.54 so will give it a try.Have a null modem just in case I need to do it that way.

Thanks

Sorry for delay, but Easter got in the way.
    Tried to load software for 2.54. Box attempted to download and then hung. Had to turn off power before I could get it to work. No change in loader version.
    Decided to try using Null Modem cable, with some hassles ( needed to reset box ) managed to get the software to load,didn't take very long and now have 2.54 running. However I have just noticed that I have lost all sats, message saying no signal!! Hope its not connected.
    Hope this helps.
    Geoff

Thanks

Have you not saved a .FDU file at some time? If so reload it.

Thanks

Problem with reconnecting LNB cable, didn't tighten up properly, all OK now.
    Observations on the new loader is that it seems more stable, I'm able to fast forward without losing audio sync.I also had problems with audio drop outs, as this was intermittent will wait to see if this has been fixed.
    As Barnaby said its not the greatest as a PVR but it has got better. If they could fix the problem with incorrect names in the play list I would be happy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dixons View Post
    Problem with reconnecting LNB cable, didn't tighten up properly, all OK now.
    Observations on the new loader is that it seems more stable, I'm able to fast forward without losing audio sync.I also had problems with audio drop outs, as this was intermittent will wait to see if this has been fixed.
    As Barnaby said its not the greatest as a PVR but it has got better. If they could fix the problem with incorrect names in the play list I would be happy.
    Ah, that's good - I also upgraded to this loader with 1.10.05 but I still get audio sync dropout when fast forwarding, need to briefly go back for a second and play again. It is probably the most frustrating (and only) problem that I have with the thing!

Matt