Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hydrogen hybrid

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Default Hydrogen hybrid

Take a look at the video called 'Aussie brothers run car on water'

Seems like they saved about 15 liters of petrol on a 100k trip.
    I wonder if it actually works.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    Take a look at the video called 'Aussie brothers run car on water'

Seems like they saved about 15 liters of petrol on a 100k trip.
    I wonder if it actually works.

Saved 15L on a 100klm trip?

Must be a shit heap to need that much fuel in a 100k's.

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by z80 View Post
    Must be a shit heap to need that much fuel in a 100k's.
    That's not the point.
    The point is the amount of fuel saved.

Thanks

5.3l/100km. Not bad for an old falcon.

Thanks

I wonder If I can do My XF Ghia which is on gas.. Could be an explosive experiment..

Thanks

sooner or later it will get out.. only now people are realising this.. ive also been on this project for a number of years...theory copied from stan meyers.. water car.....(HOD..hydrogen On Demand.. or browns gas.. HHO..adition to fuel) and if all goes well.. i predict this is our future. and damm.. i wanted this to be kept a secret.. i also have made my lawnmower work purley on water..and have made a great welder.. prob.these guys arnt realising.. normal tap water contains catalyst.. minerals that can corode ur motor..( if u want clean fuel.. better to use distilled water.. with lye or a bit of soda.. to make it conductive... then this becomes about the same price u expect to pay for fuel.. distilled water is not cheap)... they have already perfected this in germany and japan.. through a lot of my experiments.. i have blown up my generator manytimes.. hydrogen is 3 times more explosive than petrol.. i have solved that problem buy using a direction valve..... ingrediants to make successful fuel.. plates = current = amps and to much can short circut causing danger.. i have litrely melted and burnt my generator many times... but now i have perfected this..

just my feedback
    Last edited by G-Dogg; 10-06-08 at 09:21 PM.
    sometimes you gotta deal with it

Thanks

Most Ford 6 cylinder engine bays are a dogs breakfast no room to fit any thing . A result of there efforts to keep a dinosaur alive . They call them selves engineers who designed them what a joke.

I did have a play with this stuff back at the High School Lab might have a play with it again using plastic jars not glass tho.

Also Channel 10 will have a report in the news Wednesday night.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-Dogg View Post
    sooner or later it will get out.. only now people are realising this.. ive also been on this project for a number of years...theory copied from stan meyers.. water car.....(HOD..hydrogen On Demand.. or browns gas.. HHO..adition to fuel) and if all goes well.. i predict this is our future. and damm.. i wanted this to be kept a secret.. i also have made my lawnmower work purley on water..and have made a great welder.. prob.these guys arnt realising.. normal tap water contains catalyst.. minerals that can corode ur motor..( if u want clean fuel.. better to use distilled water.. with lye or a bit of soda.. to make it conductive... then this becomes about the same price u expect to pay for fuel.. distilled water is not cheap)... they have already perfected this in germany and japan.. through a lot of my experiments.. i have blown up my generator manytimes.. hydrogen is 3 times more explosive than petrol.. i have solved that problem buy using a direction valve..... ingrediants to make successful fuel.. plates = current = amps and to much can short circut causing danger.. i have litrely melted and burnt my generator many times... but now i have perfected this..

just my feedback

Interesting stuff G-Dogg.
    Do you have any pics or links to your work?

Thanks

Im with G-dogg on this one.

One of the reasons ive sort dissapeared from the forum is ive been working on it after work most nights.

I got the unit really producing heaps of gas at the moment in a test cell.

Im playing with electrolite's and ampere's to find a nice balance.

Im now building the container, setting the plates in a more permanent setup and next week or the week after will build the bubbler.

When its all done theres still the engine management that will need leaning out to compensate for the setup.

Lots of explosive fun
    Last edited by global88; 11-06-08 at 01:01 AM.

Thanks

Some of the stuff left on the bench tonight, i was in the middle of assembing the plate set up permently when i got called for dinner.

This pic sort of shows how it all sort of fits together.
    The main tube needs to be cut down to size tommorow night and bottom plug installed.

Didnt know how expensive stainless steel was till i started mucking around with this.

Thanks

nothing new, but I would love to see one running.

There was a guy in china who ran his van off sea water as well from way back.

Quote Originally Posted by global88 View Post

Some of the stuff left on the bench tonight, i was in the middle of assembing the plate set up permently when i got called for dinner.

This pic sort of shows how it all sort of fits together.
    The main tube needs to be cut down to size tommorow night and bottom plug installed.

Didnt know how expensive stainless steel was till i started mucking around with this.
    What thickness of stainless? I grabbed a sheet about 500x500 for about $10 few months back, I didnt think it was expencive.

BTW what sort of electronics are you using? have you gone for the pulse generator type of are you going with a continuous current? I built one some time ago but never got my head around the electronics so it produced next to no gas.
    Engineering Parts for CNC Builds Stepper Motors, Switching Power Supplies

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue^ray View Post
    What thickness of stainless? I grabbed a sheet about 500x500 for about $10, also did you scratch the surface as I cant tell from the photos?
    Yes surface was cross sanded with 80 grit tonight.

All my testing was made with no sanding.

Not just any old stainless, use 304, or better still 316 or as the ultimate use 316l.

Not cheap lol.

Im useing 1.0mm and 0.8mm.

Im not going to pulse on the old Ford.
    What i will be doing is controlling the mixture graph via electronics.

My aim is to get it working with lpg.
    Point is that lpg likes the ignition timming advanced, hydrogen prefers it retarded to after top dead center so mixing the 2 may become intersting.

Yes its nothing new, many people have it working to diffrent degrees.

Many people pulling alot of gas without pulsing like i am.

Plate layout im currently using is + n - n + n - n + n -
    += positive, -=negative, n= neutral (not connected to anything).
    Last edited by global88; 11-06-08 at 02:01 AM. Reason: added

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by global88 View Post
    Yes surface was cross sanded with 80 grit tonight.

All my testing was made with no sanding.

Not just any old stainless, use 304, or better still 316 or as the ultimate use 316l.

Not cheap lol.

Im useing 1.0mm and 0.8mm.

Im not going to pulse on the old Ford.
    What i will be doing is controlling the mixture graph.

Yes its nothing new, many people have it working to diffrent degrees.
    I say skip testing...whack it straight in the godzilla

gud luk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FTO King View Post
    I say skip testing...whack it straight in the godzilla

gud luk
    Lets see. Ford engine blows up, cost $200 to $250 and a Saturday arvo to change.

Godzilla blows up and its $10k and weeks of sweat rebuilding.

I havent started thinking about the hydrogen and oxygen turning back into water and hitting the turbo exhaust wheel.
    Dont think the turbos gunna like it.

Lets not forget the water in the tail pipe is going to rust the crap out of it in no time.
    Its a case of stainless everything.

Thanks

So is this not a very high pressure system as it's encased in only PVC?
    It's hard to make a come back when I havn't been anywhere
    I finally got my head together, now my bodies falling apart.
    為什麼不做你被塞滿

Thanks

Default Electrolysis is inefficient

Hydrogen on demand by electrolysis has got to be a scam.

When you split water into hydrogen, you are actually adding energy in.
    When you burn that hydrogen, the energy you added in is released again, and you're back to water. There's no magic, and no free energy. There's no scientific conspiracy, and all engineers and scientists are not stupid.

All the energy you get out of the hydrogen is only the total energy you put in, in the first place! So you burn petrol to run the motor, to run the alternator, to add the energy into the water by splitting out the hydrogen. The energy comes from the petrol!

It gets worse, though. About 30-70% of the energy you pump into the water is wasted as heat.

So it's a net loss. It would've been better to burn that fuel in the engine, rather than use it to convert to hydrogen and then burn the hydrogen again.

So if there is any real effect here, it must be from an improvement to the efficiency of burning the fuel itself. And that improvement must be enough to overcome the inefficiency of the electrolysis process.

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

I think hydrogen is the way forward for powering cars but there are a number of problems. I don’t believe it’s practical to power a hydrogen generator from the car itself as you get nothing for nothing and conservation of energy means the power required splitting the bond of water to hydrogen and oxygen may make it impractical on the car itself.

To do it externally and fill a tank might be a better option but there are problems in storing compressed hydrogen I’ve forgotten the exact reasons it’s unstable at high pressure from memory and the trucks that transport it have multiple special containers interconnected unlike most other gas tankers which are simply big tanks. It could be similar to acetylene which is stored dissolved in acetone and fibreglass wool in tanks.

Also running as a hybrid with normal petrol means the exhaust gas will contain nitric oxide and other compounds before the catalytic convert that when mixed with water produce acid so the exhaust will be subject to a spray of hot acid. I guess that’s only an issue of using a stainless exhaust perhaps.

Thanks

When you split water into hydrogen, you are actually adding energy in.
    When you burn that hydrogen, the energy you added in is released again, and you're back to water. There's no magic, and no free energy. There's no scientific conspiracy, and all engineers and scientists are not stupid.
    how about a solar panel to supply the energy for electrolysis, then the hydrogen is virtually free energy
    nothing from nothing
    agreed but water is something

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anyone View Post
    how about a solar panel to supply the energy for electrolysis, then the hydrogen is virtually free energy
    agreed but water is something
    The qoute was nothing for nothing. What I meant by that was you can’t get more out than you put in. Solar would be a good option but require a lot of cells and sun light. I tend to think the cleanest way to generate electricity to do this would be nuclear or geo thermal but the latter is still problematic in establishing the deep bore holes required.

If I was evil I might bypass the gas meter and compress the domestic natural gas supply to liquid form and feed that to a modified LPG auto system. The risks involved would be being caught bypassing the meter and something going wrong resulting in my house and these of my neighbours joining the international space station in orbit and arouse suspicion that something was going on.

If you did it without bypassing the meter I suspect questions would be asked re why your using so much gas and no doubt the other than the risk of having the equivalent of a small nuclear event in the backyard the government would not be pleased to be missing out on taxes on auto fuel.

Thanks

I've been on the research & experiment path for a few years as well.

Currently the options to run a car are:
    1. Petrol or diesel / ethanol, biodiesel.
    2. Electric hybrid.
    3. Full electric.

A fully electric vehicle would use say 40 batteries to run the electric motor for 1-200km.

The 4th option is to take your petrol engine and try to combine it with an electrolysis setup to get the engine to run ~10% more efficient with hydrogen.

What about this then....

Put 20 batteries in your petrol vehicle, install 10 electrolysers and run the car 100% on burned hydrogen, and recharge the car while it's parked.
    Have a hybrid battery powered / hydrogen combustion engine..

But the conversion cost would be $5-10k at least.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast