Thread: Dish Inclination for Auckland

Thanks

Default Dish Inclination for Auckland

Hi Guys....

I am hoping someone can shed some light for me.

I am trying to setup my Silent Gold SG99 H-H mount that i bought with me from the UK.

I have the curve setup and can get B3/D2, C1, D1, PAS8, PAS2 and I think I have a signal from GE23 but not NSS 5.

I have tried altering the inclination of the mount angle... re-aligning the dish angle and True north but still cannot seem to find NSS 5 or AsiaSat4's KU beams.

Can someone please post angle values for Auckland.. its driving my missus nuts!! :-)

Thanks.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Hi Ady_m
    If you can get a few birds you must be on the right track.
    Don't forget that you might have to adjust your declination aswell. (where the dishbracket mounts on the motor arm)

Good luck

PS you don't mention what size dish you're using. Are you sure you can receive signal with that size dish of these birds?
    Another thing to check would be the skew of your lnb

Use this to find you exact location

And this for your elevation etc

Thanks

Hey Weirdo...

sounds kinda odd saying that to someone!! :-)

I am using an Echostar AD3000IP, SG99 H-H Mount, 95cm Offset and a Strong KU LNB. Had to replace the Universal I bought with me as the osc. freqs. were different.... and it was an old Cambridge 0.6db.... good in its day for what was over europe but a bit superceded now.

I have all the data for inclination, azimuth etc from

Awsome google maps interaction with directional lines etc....

Anyway.. I think I understand that with an increase for instance on the inclination angle... i would have to pull my dish bracket down a little to compensate.. that in theory would steepen the curve and my birds towards the edge of my East_West limits would theoretically have to be lower on the horizon to be able to attain a lock?..?

With that in mind... how critical is the "perfectly" upright pole? how much bearing will this have? should I set it up with an electronic inclinometer to be sure its right? or will a magnetic bubble from bunnings surfice?

Just trying to get a feel for how fussy it all needs to be.... had 5 birds in about 30 degrees in uk.. so setting up was a breeze.

I get a good signal from Arirang TV on Intelsat 2 KU and back as far as B3 for the god squad stuff... but Asia sat is def not there and has a strong KU over auckland.. and not sure if I have NSS 5 but i did get a good strong signal on my meter but my trusty old steed does not blind scan digital... only analogue.. so couldnt be sure. Most of the sites that list "latest" transponder listings conflict anyway.

Sorry so many questions... have ordered a reborn cam from the uk which should be here soon. So hoping to get a polar C band dish... so this is a good learning curve if you can forgive the pun..

I am hoping you guys on the forums would have the actual number for the horizon curve for auckland that would be a big help... it is at about 26 - 27 degrees at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Ady_m

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ady_m View Post
    Hey Weirdo...

sounds kinda odd saying that to someone!! :-)

I am using an Echostar AD3000IP, SG99 H-H Mount, 95cm Offset and a Strong KU LNB. Had to replace the Universal I bought with me as the osc. freqs. were different.... and it was an old Cambridge 0.6db.... good in its day for what was over europe but a bit superceded now.

I have all the data for inclination, azimuth etc from

Awsome google maps interaction with directional lines etc....

Anyway.. I think I understand that with an increase for instance on the inclination angle... i would have to pull my dish bracket down a little to compensate.. that in theory would steepen the curve and my birds towards the edge of my East_West limits would theoretically have to be lower on the horizon to be able to attain a lock?..?

With that in mind... how critical is the "perfectly" upright pole? how much bearing will this have? should I set it up with an electronic inclinometer to be sure its right? or will a magnetic bubble from bunnings surfice?

Just trying to get a feel for how fussy it all needs to be.... had 5 birds in about 30 degrees in uk.. so setting up was a breeze.

I get a good signal from Arirang TV on Intelsat 2 KU and back as far as B3 for the god squad stuff... but Asia sat is def not there and has a strong KU over auckland.. and not sure if I have NSS 5 but i did get a good strong signal on my meter but my trusty old steed does not blind scan digital... only analogue.. so couldnt be sure. Most of the sites that list "latest" transponder listings conflict anyway.

Sorry so many questions... have ordered a reborn cam from the uk which should be here soon. So hoping to get a polar C band dish... so this is a good learning curve if you can forgive the pun..

I am hoping you guys on the forums would have the actual number for the horizon curve for auckland that would be a big help... it is at about 26 - 27 degrees at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Ady_m
    hope this can help.

You can get D1,D2 and C1 easily but to get Asia Sat 4 you might need to twist your LNB a little bit.
    I set up 2 motors here but only one swinging properly .

Thanks

Hey Ady_m

That's ok mate, I really am weird so don't feel bad
    Most people are weird but they just don't know it.
    Yeah back in Europe you would have been spoilt with what's available on satellite. We get bugger all here.
    If you want to get a blindscanner, there were some real cheap Strong 4653x
    boxes being sold on ebay recently. I bought one for $89 + postage from a Perth seller. They're a great value and easy to use box. Worth considering.
    It's absolutely critical that your mount post is perfectly plumb. You should be able to check it with a good level or plumb bob.
    Not sure what you mean with horizon curve. But all you should need is the declination and elevation angle for your area. From then on it's just a matter of scanning east and west and adjusting. it can be very time consuming, not forgetting that the sats you were used to back in England more than likely had a lot more powerful signal than the ones you're chasing now.
    If you can receive the ones at the middle of the arch you are very close to having it right.
    Also the skew might need to be adjusted a little. For some reason the Optus sats peak at a different skew to most other sats so you might want to find a happy medium.

Thanks

Yeah that's a great link waiheke posted there.
    There's another forum you can get info from