Thread: Garmin Topo-Multiple installations

Thanks

Default Garmin Topo-Multiple installations

I had no trouble doing the compiling using Gmap tool and installing on my Win7 machine but on using the same Zip files on a Vista machine I keep getting "access denied",I've been and done all the security things recommended by Microsoft but still no good. I've tried doing the same trick on my Win7 machine and get error messages and wont convert to the install files,is it because you can only convert them once or some other thing?

Look Here ->
    Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Curious, I decompiled using GMaptool on Win XP3, then just imported the Decompiled Folder onto my Vista Lappy & installed using the .bat file no probs.

I also did a bit of playing around with MapSet Tool Kit & did another decompile of the same download Unzipped img, combining it with a different TYP file, with no probs on the Vista.

OK so, the zip file you have downloaded I'll assume it is unzipped or is it unzipping that you are being denied access to? Also is it unlocked?

If not run this first
    Just unpack Fast IMG Unlocker, run it, select the .img & it will unlock the file.

Edit:I know it should be unlocked because you have already installed it once with success.
    I have given the Gmap folder created by GmapTool to many people & they installed it no probs.
    So maybe just copy it & install that on your other PC.

Edit 2:Just reread your post, don't forget you need cgpsmapper installed & selected in GmapTool options for decompiling to work.
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Tiny; 11-04-12 at 08:45 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

humax300 (11-04-12)

Thanks

Thanks mate for coming back so quick,yep I had all that installed so will try your other prog and see how it goes,its a bit strange.

Thanks

all ok now,reinstalled all programs and redid it again,turned off User Control in Vista and now all ok. thanks

• The Following User Says Thank You to humax300 For This Useful Post:

Tiny (12-04-12)