Hi

I bought a Chinese/Japanese GPS from ebay that runs Windows CE 4.2 and Route 66 (I'm assuming a pirated copy). Anyway, it works well but we are going to New Zealand at the end of the month and we're doing a bit of a road trip. Since Route 66 doesn't have maps for New Zealand, I want to install another GPS app that has a NZ map.

After a bit of research, I was able to hack the device so when I click on the Photo option on the menu (the image viewer), it went into the Windows Explorer so I could browse files.

I downloaded TomTom 6 post install files and copied them to the SD card along with the Australia map. After running regedit from the SD card to change the location of the default location for the maps for TomTom 6 from My Documents to the SD card, I successfully ran TomTom 6 with the Aust map. However, the menu didn't appear when I clicked in the middle of the screen and subsequently found that TomTom 6 doesn't run properly on Windows CE 4.2 devices.

So...I downloaded TomTom 5.2 install files and the Aust and Guam maps and tried again. However, this time when I run TomTom 5, it gets to select map and if I select either Aust or Guam, the unit freezes.

I need some advice on where to go from here! Please help!