Thread: Assorted Astro City Issues - help required!

Thanks

Default Assorted Astro City Issues - help required!

Newb Alert!!

Hi. I have an Astro City loaded with hundreds of games.. but am experiencing some technical difficulties and would appreciate any helpful advice!

1. The monitor produces a darkened screen, intermittently when playing a game and the only way to correct it is to bang on the side of the cabinet (like Fonzi from Happy Days!). After a few goes, the display will be normal again until the next accidental bump of the cabinet (or pushing the buttons too hard). I can post pictures if this would help..

2. One of the buttons on the 2 player side is firing even without being pressed.

Both issues very annoying but possible easily corrected with some advice from the right people!

Thanks very much.. baha74

Look Here ->
    Thanks

for point 1 your monitor is on the way out (or loose wires) or it needs a new chasis, for point 2, I would assume the button wires are shorted, lift up the control panel and look at the wires into the buttons

is this a mame or a jamma with a xxxx in 1 type machine ?
    Last edited by mxd; 10-05-12 at 07:22 PM.

Thanks

Thanks mxd.

The chassis feels stable enough, Im looking for anything loose but not sure..

The wires going into all the buttons look the same, including the faulty one - if they are shorted, is there an easy fix?

I dont know the answer to your questions but ive attached a couple of photos hoping u can work it out from them!

Thanks

it looks like a PC, so I would assume Mame ? Where/who did you get it from, could you ask/speak to them about the monitor issue.

The chasis is attached to the tube, don't touch it if you don't know what I'm talking about

for the button if you pull the cable off the button the s continuously firing and swap it to another button does the issue follow the wire or stay with the button ? If it stays with the button you probably need a new button as the buttons look like they are the sanwa variety that have inbuilt switches.

Thanks

just as a side, note you'll have to start to learn about the rotten things, I think I spend more time fixing my arcade stuff they I do playing it

Thanks

Yeah, there's a Dell PC in there..

I had a repair guy from the place i purchased it in Melbourne come out to try fix my pinball machine and i showed him the monitor at same time. He said he fixed the monitor (loose plug which he jiggled) but as soon as he left, the same thing happened..

From memory, I have replaced the button and the new one did the same thing.

You are so right about time spent playing vs trying to fix (esp with the pinball..!

Appreciate ur help!
    Last edited by baha74; 15-05-12 at 11:48 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baha74 View Post
    Yeah, there's a Dell PC in there..

I had a repair guy from the place i purchased it in Melbourne come out to try fix my pinball machine and i showed him the monitor at same time. He said he fixed the monitor (loose plug which he jiggled) but as soon as he left, the same thing happened..

From memory, I have replaced the button and the new one did the same thing.

You are so right about time spent playing vs trying to fix (esp with the pinball..!

Appreciate ur help!
    yep they all take time thank god for beer

Last edited by mxd; 15-05-12 at 08:53 PM.

Thanks

Nice room setup mxd,

sorry to jump in baha74 without any advice for you except what's already been said but I will second the thank god for beer and understanding women

Thanks

No worries, thanks guys.

Its nice to see the little ones get into the old time games too.. no xbox or ps3at our place yet..

Thanks

The Astro City arcade machine pictured above has about 1000+ games loaded onto it.

I have seen the 2019-in-1 game board and am wondering if i purchased it - would it be a straight swap of the PC with the Game King box?

I've also noticed some websites selling 2019-in-1 hard drive for about 10% of the above product's price - is this what i would need, or is it the Game King box which i need (approx $350 (if it were compatible)).

Thanks alot

baha74 (total newbie)