Thread: IQ2 via Foxtel Query

Thanks

Arrow IQ2 via Foxtel Query

Hey Peeps,

So I aquired a IQ2 and wondering can I connect this up using my subscibed service via another reseller of foxtel?

I am using the IQ Standard unit and was given the IQ2 from soneone who moved out, so can I just plug in my card and watch the HD channels since I have a full subscription anyways?

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kosti View Post
    Hey Peeps,

So I aquired a IQ2 and wondering can I connect this up using my subscibed service via another reseller of foxtel?

I am using the IQ Standard unit and was given the IQ2 from soneone who moved out, so can I just plug in my card and watch the HD channels since I have a full subscription anyways?

Thanks
    Firstly, the person 'who moved out' is responsible for the decoder, as it remains the property of Foxtel.

You cannot swap cards in Foxtel decoders as the card and decoder are married to each other... so, no, it won't work.

You would need a current Foxtel HD subscription for the iQ2 decoder.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (10-05-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

In theory if you work out how to remarry your card to the IQ2 then it should work.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    In theory if you work out how to remarry your card to the IQ2 then it should work.

Leroy
    Or better still, if you find out how to 'divorce' the card from the decoder, enabling it to be used in third party equipment.... we'd all love to know.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

myf360f1 (10-05-12),OSIRUS (10-05-12)

Thanks

Bugr, ok so basically i have a IQ2 door stopper, damn, wanted to use this as it has a large HDD

Administrator
    Thanks

Bugr, ok so basically i have a IQ2 door stopper, damn, wanted to use this as it has a large HDD

You could always upgrade your sub to iQ2.

Yeah, I realise you don't want to pay for it.

Thanks

Yeah I could and although not that much of a big deal as most stuff i watch is on the pc anyway, it's stuck on disney for the kids, so the whole setup is a waste of money

If I can find a suitable replacement then I will go for it, like a share or sat setup, but damn the info is just not as straight forward as it was back in the days of the jerrolds

I checked the IQ2 it still has a card in there, maybe its a special and it will work, but havnt plugged it in yet, maybe I should just open it up and swap HDD with my IQ1

Thanks again
    Kosti

Administrator
    Thanks

Yeah I could and although not that much of a big deal as most stuff i watch is on the pc anyway, it's stuck on disney for the kids, so the whole setup is a waste of money

If I can find a suitable replacement then I will go for it, like a share or sat setup, but damn the info is just not as straight forward as it was back in the days of the jerrolds

I checked the IQ2 it still has a card in there, maybe its a special and it will work, but havnt plugged it in yet, maybe I should just open it up and swap HDD with my IQ1

Thanks again
    Kosti
    Don't like your chances.... Foxtel took security measures last November preventing cards being used in third party equipment.

So far, no further developments on that front that I'm aware of.

Thanks

Thanks, bloody Rupert! or now Cisco

Thanks

If you have Foxtel cable installed and you have it disconnected, can you plug in a friend's Foxtel box that is still subscribed (e.g. to watch a footy match at my house instead of his) and it will work? Or does the box know it is not in the correct location (and if it does I would love to know how!)?

Thanks.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bpchia View Post
    If you have Foxtel cable installed and you have it disconnected, can you plug in a friend's Foxtel box that is still subscribed (e.g. to watch a footy match at my house instead of his) and it will work? Or does the box know it is not in the correct location (and if it does I would love to know how!)?

Thanks.
    It should work providing your friend's Foxtel box is also cable.. not satellite, the cable has not been physically disconnected, it has a valid subscription and original smartcard supplied with the decoder and both are in a similar area. Eg: not interstate, etc.

Thanks

It's the physical disconnection I'm worried about...is it usual or routine for them to send around a technician to cut the cable if you cancel your subscription? Would think they would leave it in case you resubscribe.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bpchia View Post
    It's the physical disconnection I'm worried about...is it usual or routine for them to send around a technician to cut the cable if you cancel your subscription? Would think they would leave it in case you resubscribe.
    In most cases, the cable is not physically disconnected.

When a subscription is cancelled, the smartcard will not permit decoding of the encrypted signals until it receives information from Foxtel as to what channels the decoder is permitted to display. (Eg: which package you have currently subscribed to).

Why not just try it?