Thread: Ultraplus 980 hd Channel list with uni lnb

Thanks

Default Ultraplus 980 hd Channel list with uni lnb

Hi All,

For some reason my Ultraplus 980HD isn't scanning in some of the frequencies on optus C1/D3 with my invacom universal lnb

If i plug in my VU+ Duo it sees the tps the ultraplus misses so i don't think its anything to do with the LNB, i have tried adjusting skew but that doesnt do the trick.

With my 10700 it finds everything fine on C1/D3 but as im using a H/H motor i require the universal lnb for some of the other sats out there.

Does anyone here with an Ultraplus 980HD use an universal lnb that is willing to share there channel list as i want to try and load that and see what results i get.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

What firmware version are you on? Did you try a Restore to Factory default? I don't have a uni LNB in action at the moment but I'd be interested in if an older firmware did the same.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Hi LeroyPatrol:

I am running latest firmware and loader 2.54 and yes i did the factory reset etc

As for the problem i experienced it actually turned out to be the invacom lnb, i cant explain why as it works perfect with the VU+ Duo and my strong 4658x boxes but with the Ultraplus 980HD it just would not scan in some TPs

I had a brand new still in the box invacom uni lnb same as my other one and i swapped it over and away it went and all is good.

I can get all the sats that are available here in Melbourne on KU band with my H/H bar NSS6 and thats only because i have my neighbors house in the way and im not to fussed about that but maybe one day if theirs anything worth watching on that bird i will move the pole over a few feet and then i will have that one in sight.

With the new invacom lnb i have scanned in everything i could via blindscan and usals and then what i did was take it out and put back my original to see if the channels that i could not get with it would work and to my surprise they did but the signal would fluctuate to the point were the picture just kept pixelating.

All up new lnb in and working a treat and i have no idea why this Ultraplus doesn't like the original uni lnb were my other boxes have no problem with it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to satboy For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (12-05-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

If you didn't have a spare LNB that would of been a tough one to work out.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    If you didn't have a spare LNB that would of been a tough one to work out.

Leroy
    so true, no way did i think it was going to be the lnb

Still the lnb works perfect with the other boxes, will have to label as suspect on ultraplus but ok for VU and strong

Thanks

odd, perhaps the output voltage isn't what it should be?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    odd, perhaps the output voltage isn't what it should be?
    The only thing that was obvious between both lnbs was the originals one the front plastic face was pretty weathered but still does not explain why the other 2 boxes worked fine with it.

Im just glad i had the spare and solved it as this had me stumped and to be honest even though i have sorted it out im still stumped on what the real reason or cause is or was.