Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monitoring remote site

Thanks

Default Monitoring remote site

I am looking for some information on an alarm system that could monitior a remote radio repeater site.
    The site has two buildings and a number of solar panels and I want to monitor building entry and link all the solar panels together via a cable with a end of line resistor. One building can be monitored by movement sensor but the other cannot as it has geckos so door alarms will be all the can be used. All the sensors will be hard wired.
    The site has no landline phone but excellent mobile reception and no mains power but plenty of 12 v DC.
    If any of the alarms get triggered I want several phones to be dialled with a simple message. I also want to have the system armed remotely in case anyone leaves the site and forgets to rearm the system as it is a nuisance to go and rearm locally.
    What hardware would I require and who manufacturers it?

Mike

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Cool

There are a lot of solutions for your problem but the simplest straight forward one would be a MCM 8zone GSM.
    This is a normal 8 zone security system with built in GSM & is what I always use for sites with no landline. One advantage is being able to program daily/weekly test comms , one disadvantage is that they dont have dynamic battery testing , only static. ie doesn't monitor battery condition until the mains fails
    Most commercial radio sites would have sub base band channels available for alarm telemetery
    Last edited by watchdog; 14-06-08 at 04:34 PM. Reason: more info

Thanks

We use the Bosch SC8016 (Solution 16) with safecom dialler to monitor our Radio Sites.

Remote arming and the control of up to 4 outputs from the control room.

as standard the SC8016 is a fully supervised alarm system with any polling rate at no extra cost.

brochure at:

Thanks

You mention that there is excellent mobile service, I would take a look at Security Communications Internation's (SCSI) TMN50T

Operates on 5-40VDC and notifies up to 16 mobile phones with 4 x Inputs & One Output.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog View Post
    There are a lot of solutions for your problem but the simplest straight forward one would be a MCM 8zone GSM.
    This is a normal 8 zone security system with built in GSM & is what I always use for sites with no landline. One advantage is being able to program daily/weekly test comms , one disadvantage is that they dont have dynamic battery testing , only static. ie doesn't monitor battery condition until the mains fails
    Most commercial radio sites would have sub base band channels available for alarm telemetery
    The MCM looks like it might be worth investigating. Their web site certainly lacks detail. One of the problems could be all these systems depend on mains supply otherwise it faults and we don't have any. We have solar panels and 1200Ah batteries.
    The site is not commercial it is a volunteer marine rescue radio repeater.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw308 View Post
    We use the Bosch SC8016 (Solution 16) with safecom dialler to monitor our Radio Sites.
    Outlaw the Safecom dialler appears to me to be a UHF link to a PC. This wouldn't be suitable as it needs 24 monitoring via a call from a GSM phone or a monitoring station if we eventaully go down the track.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by No Brainer View Post
    You mention that there is excellent mobile service, I would take a look at Security Communications Internation's (SCSI) TMN50T

Operates on 5-40VDC and notifies up to 16 mobile phones with 4 x Inputs & One Output.
    No Brainer this system relies on a SMS being sent. I have doubts on using SMS for security systems as I have recieved SMS messages up to 4 hrs after it has been sent long enough for the "low life" to vanish.

Thanks

I have heard people say that but have never personally experienced it in years of seeing hundreds of thousands of signals sent by sms. Maybe it occurs when sending sms from one network to another...who knows?? My own alarm system sends alarm status to my phone by sms....I arm my system every morning and without fail the confirmation sms is on my phone within seconds.

Occasionally I forget to arm...send a sms and I get arming confimation back in seconds.....never failed, not once.

But I hear what you are saying...maybe look at the GSM for transmission of alarm signals and the TMN-50T for notifying several phones.

Alternatively have the system monitored by a CMS which then opens up several technologies for consideration.

Thanks

Its been a few years since I used one but have used a standalone Fe3000 on a site simular to what your describing.

Running on a 12v source. Sends alarm messages via sms to a max of 32 mobiles. Can report at same time/alternativly to a control room via gsm.

Only disadvantage when i used it was had to use mobile to turn on/off alarm when using it in the standalone mode. However I think they have added keypad functuallity since.

12 inputs/outputs available

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

The system you are after has pretty much the same specs as you would find in a marine circumstance, have a look at the link. Couple this 12Vdc system with a 200Ah Back Up battery and you are looking at 12 months in the armed state provided there are no alarms. (Obviously, if there are alarms, the life of the battery is dependent on how long the alarm runs for and what type of alarm it is.)

You do not have to use this particular brand but I hope it points you in the right direction.

Thanks

You can try Videofied. We have 3 in so far. Work like a charm. Most control rooms have it but I am told you can have it pass to a mobile with pictures and video. Not sure how many mobiles. They say 4 years battery life. I will let you know in 3 years and 6 months is that is correct.

Last edited by Sydneytech; 15-06-08 at 12:05 PM. Reason: left out a word

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by engel View Post
    Outlaw the Safecom dialler appears to me to be a UHF link to a PC. This wouldn't be suitable as it needs 24 monitoring via a call from a GSM phone or a monitoring station if we eventaully go down the track.
    You are correct in that it is a UHF link, but not to a PC but a Safecom Receiver (either PC based or LineCard) that goes direct to the Central Monitoring Station.

There are sveral monitoring stations that can monitor Safecom. check out your local CMS and see if they have Safecom.

Safecom is far more reliable, faster and cheaper then GSM/GPRS and is graded as Level 5.

Thanks

Really? lvl 5 are you sure?

Thanks

Default Videofied

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneytech View Post
    You can try Videofied. We have 3 in so far. Work like a charm. Most control rooms have it but I am told you can have it pass to a mobile with pictures and video. Not sure how many mobiles. They say 4 years battery life. I will let you know in 3 years and 6 months is that is correct.

Interesting. I didn't know Suretek were promoting this solution too. The Videofied guys certainly get around a bit and people seem to be impressed with their product, but it has failed to impress me so far.

Sydneytech, rather than us take this post of topic, how about you start a new thread about the Videofied kit ?
    Developer of VoIP2Go at ozvoip.net - Alarm compatible VoIP Network

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IPAlarms View Post
    Interesting. I didn't know Suretek were promoting this solution too. The Videofied guys certainly get around a bit and people seem to be impressed with their product, but it has failed to impress me so far.

Sydneytech, rather than us take this post of topic, how about you start a new thread about the Videofied kit ?
    Are you for real !!! Off topic??? How do you work that out????? The product would suit this inquiry and was just a suggestion just like others have made.

Thanks

Sydneytech, after reading IPAlarms post I think he would like to learn more about and discuss Videofied. Rather than discuss it on the current thread and therefore move off the current topic, he was suggesting that a new Videofied thread be started... ..thats how I read IPAlarms post.

Thanks

I did not read it that way. I was only suggesting the Videofied as an alternative. I dont have a passion to discuss it much more than to say its an awesome performer and I think I have another one to put in so I am told today. IpAlarms already said he was not impressed so I guess he may not be interested anyway.

If he meant it in a nice way thats cool.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneytech View Post
    I did not read it that way. I was only suggesting the Videofied as an alternative. I dont have a passion to discuss it much more than to say its an awesome performer and I think I have another one to put in so I am told today. IpAlarms already said he was not impressed so I guess he may not be interested anyway.

If he meant it in a nice way thats cool.
    No Brainer was right - I thought it might be good to discuss the Videofied solution. Never mind, I'll start my own thread when I get time.
    Developer of VoIP2Go at ozvoip.net - Alarm compatible VoIP Network

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have been talking to our supplier who only occassionally installs security systems, their main business is radio and telemetering. They have quoted on Sol 16 and NX 12 and there is not much difference in price. I have had a look throught he installer manuals and they will both do what we want but the GSM modems for both systems is the dearest single item. I'd like to try an Intercel modem as they are a quarter of the price and we have been using one for several years for charging monitoring but I don't think I will try it.

We wil be buying the software and serial link so it can be programmed by laptop to make things easier.

The supplier doesnt have any preference as they have used both and we have to choose.

Does anyone have any preference?

Thanks

engel...bad news Intercel's modem's are serial data. Neither of the alarm panels you have quoted can use serial data to report alarm events to the control room they are DTMF only. Speak to no brainer about his GSM module not the SMS module, this will do the job for you and the price will be to your liking.

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast