Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: UBI World TV gone into volunteer administration

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    If it's business as usual, why the scrolling message... "To all subscribers of ANT1 through the UBI World Tv Please be advised that UBI has gone into Voluntary Administration. In case the signal stop broadcasting & you wish to continue watching Ant 1 Please contact world media on 1300 976 483"?
    That message isn't coming from UBI.

Regards,
    Liski

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

This again proves how 'Fragile' the DTH satellite industry is in our market and why Austar has merged with Foxtel despite it creating a monoply.
    Whether this is due to bad manangement, small customer base or rising costs only time will tell.
    Now while aaeon.1 has taken cro69 to task over his comments valid or not, unfortunately there have been many instances in numerous industries going 'broke' with the Principles wailing and handwringing at the front door and then they drive off in their Lambogini Contach, family members are setting up in business again.
    I doubt this will be the only large customer type business to slip slowly out of sight as from news reports, the Victorian branch of 'Retravision' are having 'difficulties' too.
    Just read the ads for some of the sales presently running and the offer of 'No Payments' etc and remember no Business is in business for your benifit so THEY need you.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

I'm deeply saddened by this all - this is clearly a FAMILY business here and i'm sure that behind the scenes there are quite a few people that are, or will be, personally devestated.

No one runs a business with an intenion for it to fail - so there most certainly are a multitude of factors at play here and from that perspective it is wrong to point fingers and play the uninformed and speculative blame game.. and for all those that believe that they have been ripped off, I question you, why would they stop ripping you off if it were making them money? Greed goes a long way in this county, so if they were, they wouldn't stop.

I know that I do not feel ripped off (how can we, we pay month to month??), just saddened for the potential loss of the service.

My heart goes out to the family and the employees among many others.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Equality For This Useful Post:

OzBlackKnight (25-05-12)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Liski View Post
    That message isn't coming from UBI.

Regards,
    Liski
    Somewhat confusing to UBI subscribers then.

Why then is UBI relying on a 'third party' to display the message on the UBI service, advising UBI are in voluntary administration?

BTW Liski,

What exactly is your title/position with UBI?

Thanks

I agree with you MTV.
    Title/position with UBI would be nice

No doubt we will see take3 & have another family member running it. 3rd time luck perhaps

Thanks

hope they improve everything
    the 3rd rate programming is not worth the subscription

Thanks

mtv/Peterpop,

My position or title should not be of concern - my duty on here and on any other social media platform is to ensure that everyone gets the correct information as to not rely on the constant gossip/rumours.

UBI didn't ask a third-party to broadcast that message.

efab,

UBI can only broadcast whatever content/signal quality that is provided by the broadcaster. The majority of channels (international versions), if not all, are only available in SD.

Regards,
    Liski

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Liski View Post
    mtv/Peterpop,

My position or title should not be of concern - my duty on here and on any other social media platform is to ensure that everyone gets the correct information as to not rely on the constant gossip/rumours.

UBI didn't ask a third-party to broadcast that message.

efab,

UBI can only broadcast whatever content/signal quality that is provided by the broadcaster. The majority of channels (international versions), if not all, are only available in SD.

Regards,
    Liski
    So what about the company status on the asic website??

is asic lying aswell?
    Datalane -

Thanks

What a load of rubbish. You meant to say it is cheaper cramming 12-13 channels per transponder to save costs. This then makes the bit rate of each channel 1.5 - 2mb/s at best, hence the crappy pictures.

Please compare TVE Internacional on Asiasat 5 for instance to the one on UBI and then tell me the broadcaster is at fault. One is 16:9 and about 5-6 mb/s and the UBI one is 4:3 and 1.5 mb/s. UBI receive that channel and butcher it to save money. Setanta Sports is another example, 16:9 on Foxtel and yet 4:3 on UBI and with a lower bit rate.

Thanks

The quality of the picture to most of the older generation is not that great of a concern the ones I have been talking to the past few days are just worried they will not have there greek tv anymore and seeing that scrolling message on Ant1 they are wanting to join WMI to keep there Ant1 atleast but I have told them to wait and see what happens as they have already paid now (money had been debited yesterday one of my neighbours told me) as one of my elderly greek neighbours who lives alone and tv is her only company was very upset when she saw this message yesterday.

So hopefully they restructure themselves to not have high operating costs somehow or someone else buys them and changes things around see what happens as the older generation depend on this tv from there homeland.

And as others have said let not forget there are real people working at UBI who will be out of work if it collapses
    Last edited by Lazer; 26-05-12 at 09:02 AM.
    Lazer

• The Following User Says Thank You to Lazer For This Useful Post:

jumpstart (26-05-12)

Thanks

Obviously the power failures early this month may have possibly been as issue to stop credit hold perhaps.

Thanks

Default intelsat 8

hi guys the antena1 its free . click on yes italian and you will see it cheersssssss

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aaeon.1 View Post
    Shifty my arse
    He was trying to earn a living the same as anyone else
    I love it when you all get on here and put someone down for trying to earn a living
    From what I know which is #### all is that tarbs was doing well until a few things went wrong
    The first being the encryption system he used for tarbs was easily compromised (probably by a Murdoch employee)
    The second reason from what I remember was that when Murdoch acquired direct tv or one of those yank providers for an astronomical amount of money the deal came with a few satellites thrown in and one of those was pas 8 better known as Intelsat 8 now ,well when tarbs contract came up for renewal they upped the rent so much on the sat that it basically shut them down overnight.
    Then came tarbs mark 2 better known as ubi which was registered in mikes wife's name,Regina from memory .
    Ubi were doing really well and in fact for a while there added more channels to most packages at minimal cost
    Then the gamma card made an appearance and in very short time most irdeto 2 providers were compromised
    Fortunately ubi had entered the scene during the release of the v5 cards and due to that fact they implemented counter measures that killed the gammas for ubi for a fairly long time until of course austar had upgraded their v4 cards to v5 software and then made the playing fields the same .
    It was only a matter of time that once the upgrade was compromised for austar it would also be done for ubi and it was.
    And it all points back to Murdoch
    So before you all want to put the man down ,and I don't know him or have any affiliation whatsoever with him ,that anyone that bought a gamma ,rdc or whatever card you want to call it for ubi are more responsible for ubi going belly up than anyone else and the ethnics i know hate paying as it is and then complain even if they get it for free so what do you expect
    What you should all start thinking about is the monopoly that is about to take place in this country under the guise of foxtel
    If they soak up what's left of ubi and give you a brand new shiny box *for free*and we all love free then it's only a matter of time before the price starts going up and you have no choice but to pay ,why because most of us are dumb ####ing sheep

Once again he and his wife have probably been hurt more than anyone else through trying to bring a bit of joy into many ethnics lounge rooms in this country and earn a living but he is shifty
    I ####ing hate the human race a little more everyday I,m here on planet earth
    What has this got to do with murdoch?? lmao

u guys are funny. the guy is an arab, so shifty by nature..

Where did he get his multi million dollar properties at Dural from? im sure it wasnt inheritance money or lotto.

This guy is a shifty kunt and the government should strip him down and ban him from this business
    Datalane -

Thanks

Ant1 Pacific itself is now showing full commercials about UBI with full greek voice over
    Lazer

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jtc2005 View Post

Where did he get his multi million dollar properties at Dural from? im sure it wasnt inheritance money or lotto.

This guy is a shifty kunt and the government should strip him down and ban him from this business
    Murdoch? I'm sure you know Irdeto 2 has been hacked.
    I'm sure you're just as shifty

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

jtc2005,

If you don't know the truth or him personally then don't comment on his character.

Regards,
    Liski
    Last edited by Liski; 27-05-12 at 09:55 PM.

Thanks

Default UBI backdoor

Finally got in touch with UBI after trying since Saturday, by phone and email.
    They said they have not gone into liquidation and have been very busy and had not got to my 7 Emails.

Did not contact directly but rang Setanta Sports and followed to UBI desk, too my surprise this put me through to UBI instantly.

Thanks

Two words: racist and uneducated.

How about you get off your ass and start your own service?

Thanks

Just gotten a phonecall from neighbour telling me Ant1 is gone from UBI channel list anyone else confirm this?
    Lazer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
    Just gotten a phonecall from neighbour telling me Ant1 is gone from UBI channel list anyone else confirm this?
    I can confirm that ANT1 is gone from the UBI channel. What is next? Is UBI TV going to update its customers?

• Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast