Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: UBI World TV gone into volunteer administration

Thanks

Default UBI World TV gone into volunteer administration

As posted in the other thread ubi has gone belly up....
    Lazer

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lazer For This Useful Post:

best4less (24-05-12),Godzilla (26-05-12)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Guys just saw the message on Ant1 On foxtel scroll across the bottom of the screen it translates to the following.

To all subscribers of ANT1 through the UBI World Tv Please be advised that UBI has gone into Voluntary Administration. In case the signal stop broadcasting & you wish to continue watching Ant 1 Please contact world media on 1300 976 483

• The Following User Says Thank You to HoRnEyDvL For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (24-05-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Where did this come from ??

Any more info
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Thanks

Why would anyone go with WorldMedia directly for $24.95 a month 3 months in advance, where Foxtel subsidises it for $20 a month...

Just disappointed we lost Alpha, Mega etc. I don't suppose anyone has any information on dreaming options via an IPTV box?

Thanks

Lazer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HoRnEyDvL View Post
    Guys just saw the message on Ant1 On foxtel scroll across the bottom of the screen it translates to the following.

To all subscribers of ANT1 through the UBI World Tv Please be advised that UBI has gone into Voluntary Administration. In case the signal stop broadcasting & you wish to continue watching Ant 1 Please contact world media on 1300 976 483
    Im a little confused on this comment:

Why would there be a message on foxtel ANT! channel saying to go to world media if signal should stop.

Thanks

Looks like They all get the antenna signal from the same source & that message was put on there from the source...

Thanks

Looks like They all get the antenna signal from the same source & that message was put on there from the source...
    if that was the case and i was Foxtel i would be pissed of mentioning another supplier on a service they provide

Thanks

Im uploading the video onto youtube. Hope you guys can read greek...

Thanks

My understanding is WorldMedia has been the wholesaler of Ant-1 in our region from day 1. Only recently do they now also sell direct to consumers.
    Foxtel gets it from them, as did SelecTV. When they went bust UBI took over SelecTV's Ant-1 contract.

So they both broadcast from the same source. So yeah...cheeky WorldMedia, if I was Foxtel I WOULD be angry.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
    Thanks champ! I don't suppose anyone knows of an IPTV box that can integrate into these streams? I assume no, as they appear to be flash streams, as opposed to mms or similar.

Thanks

UBI WORLD TV MESSAGE IN GREEK...
    Last edited by HoRnEyDvL; 24-05-12 at 10:40 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to HoRnEyDvL For This Useful Post:

satboy (24-05-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RATLSNAKE View Post
    Thanks champ! I don't suppose anyone knows of an IPTV box that can integrate into these streams? I assume no, as they appear to be flash streams, as opposed to mms or similar.

I Gave Lazer that site.. Been using it for a while but seems 2 be rtmp strems. Tried to convert them 2 stream through VLC with rtmpgui etc but no luck...

Thanks

Are they back to their old tricks again??

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RATLSNAKE View Post
    My understanding is WorldMedia has been the wholesaler of Ant-1 in our region from day 1. Only recently do they now also sell direct to consumers.
    Foxtel gets it from them, as did SelecTV. When they went bust UBI took over SelecTV's Ant-1 contract.
    I believe that is correct.

In conversation with a senior WMI person some six or so years ago, I was advised that World Media International have an exclusive contract to distribute Antenna 1, RAI and other channels to the Asia-Pacific area. They on-sell the content to Foxtel, Selectv and other pay-tv providors in Australia and Asia.

Thanks

I Gave Lazer that site.. Been using it for a while but seems 2 be rtmp strems. Tried to convert them 2 stream through VLC with rtmpgui etc but no luck...
    Thanks man. I see this site asks for donations, but I can't quite get how they provide such good quality streams for free, a few don't work, but it's still pretty good. Would love to be able to channel this to a device that was a computer.

Thanks

These people are shifty buggers they did the same with tarbs, they say they have gone broke then wife suddenly gets money from thin air and starts UBI is the son destant to take over this time and change company names again!!lol dont fall for it guys its just dodgy business practices that they have done once before.
    Self declared soccer nut

http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_2045.jpg

Thanks

Extracted from ASIC's database at AEST 23:14:14 on 24/05/2012
    Name UNITED BROADCASTING INTERNATIONAL PTY LTD
    ACN
    110 092 049
    ABN
    83 110 092 049
    Type Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
    Registration Date 19/07/2004
    Next Review Date 19/07/2012
    Status ** UNDER EXTERNAL ADMINISTRATION and/or CONTROLLER APPOINTED **
    Locality of Registered Office Pyrmont NSW 2009
    Jurisdiction Australian Securities & Investments Commission

Thanks

Wonder then how long the channels stay on air? Or have they, or some of them vanished already?

(Dont have access atm to Opt D2).

Shame, tight consumer budgets mean luxury non-essential things go first. Let alone business overheads. Can imagine the power bills.....
    5th Wyking Panzer Division

• The Following User Says Thank You to Keepleft For This Useful Post:

valiant69 (03-07-12)

Thanks

Shifty my arse
    He was trying to earn a living the same as anyone else
    I love it when you all get on here and put someone down for trying to earn a living
    From what I know which is #### all is that tarbs was doing well until a few things went wrong
    The first being the encryption system he used for tarbs was easily compromised (probably by a Murdoch employee)
    The second reason from what I remember was that when Murdoch acquired direct tv or one of those yank providers for an astronomical amount of money the deal came with a few satellites thrown in and one of those was pas 8 better known as Intelsat 8 now ,well when tarbs contract came up for renewal they upped the rent so much on the sat that it basically shut them down overnight.
    Then came tarbs mark 2 better known as ubi which was registered in mikes wife's name,Regina from memory .
    Ubi were doing really well and in fact for a while there added more channels to most packages at minimal cost
    Then the gamma card made an appearance and in very short time most irdeto 2 providers were compromised
    Fortunately ubi had entered the scene during the release of the v5 cards and due to that fact they implemented counter measures that killed the gammas for ubi for a fairly long time until of course austar had upgraded their v4 cards to v5 software and then made the playing fields the same .
    It was only a matter of time that once the upgrade was compromised for austar it would also be done for ubi and it was.
    And it all points back to Murdoch
    So before you all want to put the man down ,and I don't know him or have any affiliation whatsoever with him ,that anyone that bought a gamma ,rdc or whatever card you want to call it for ubi are more responsible for ubi going belly up than anyone else and the ethnics i know hate paying as it is and then complain even if they get it for free so what do you expect
    What you should all start thinking about is the monopoly that is about to take place in this country under the guise of foxtel
    If they soak up what's left of ubi and give you a brand new shiny box *for free*and we all love free then it's only a matter of time before the price starts going up and you have no choice but to pay ,why because most of us are dumb ####ing sheep

Once again he and his wife have probably been hurt more than anyone else through trying to bring a bit of joy into many ethnics lounge rooms in this country and earn a living but he is shifty
    I ####ing hate the human race a little more everyday I,m here on planet earth

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aaeon.1 For This Useful Post:

Equality (29-05-12),Erk (13-06-12),freemedia (14-06-12),harryt (13-06-12),nfnovice (25-06-12),warbo (26-05-12),weirdo (25-05-12)

• Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast