Thread: PC reboots when playing a PC game?

Thanks

Default PC reboots when playing a PC game?

HI All,

Looking for some pointers please.

Recently purchased Conflict Vietnam its a SCI game from Atari, and when I Play it on my PC after after about 20 mins the computer decides to reboot. So I remember someone saying about a year ago about a similar situation playing Counter strike and someone said it had to do with the drivers?? If so which drivers were they talking about. Other than that the game plays really well.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

It sounds like a possible power supply issue?

Have you had any issues with the pc before this game?
    My suggestion would be really stress the pc. ie get the cpu usage up at 100% (video encoding or decoding programs) and run your game at the highest possible settings.
    Play the game now and see if the unit reboots under the 20 minutes specified.
    If its power supply you really should see quite a few reboots under the 20 minutes though.

If you had access to a multimeter, you could check your supply rails whilst running the above tests.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by myf360f1 View Post
    HI All,

Looking for some pointers please.

Recently purchased Conflict Vietnam its a SCI game from Atari, and when I Play it on my PC after after about 20 mins the computer decides to reboot. So I remember someone saying about a year ago about a similar situation playing Counter strike and someone said it had to do with the drivers?? If so which drivers were they talking about. Other than that the game plays really well.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Hi AussieFX,

I have had various minor probs wth my old P4, but all were software based. The game is very basic, and the requirements are quite low. In fact I play Counterstrike which is more demanding without probs. I try not to stress the old girl too much because thinks will pack up then. Would their be any other symptoms if it were a PSU ?

Cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myf360f1 View Post
    Hi AussieFX,

I have had various minor probs wth my old P4, but all were software based. The game is very basic, and the requirements are quite low. In fact I play Counterstrike which is more demanding without probs. I try not to stress the old girl too much because thinks will pack up then. Would their be any other symptoms if it were a PSU ?

Cheers
    What operating systen are you using on PC? If you are using XP you could always try looking at event viewer under admin tools to see if this throws any light on what is causing the problem

Thanks

Hi Jamesv,

Yes I am using XP but I didn't know about event viewer, will have a look now. Thank you.

Thanks

no worries my, let us know how you get on

Thanks

Video card drivers....I just installed CS: Source played fine for ages. Put on latest ATI drivers - as soon as the game actually loaded - bang - restart

Rolled back to the old 2004 drivers and not a problem..........cept their old