Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Alarm Recommendation

Thanks

plus the 30c daily test report and the 30c open report and 30c close report...

your 73c a day quickly adds up and the company provides you with this cheap monitoring rate because they're making 15c a call back into their own pocket!

Thanks

I'm glad your happy with the install and product, the remotes are a handy item. Hopefully we dont see you on here with any issues.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlarmGuy View Post

your 73c a day quickly adds up and the company provides you with this cheap monitoring rate because they're making 15c a call back into their own pocket!
    I disagree. I have been keeping an eye on my Telstra call log and the alarm is making only 1 phone call a day costing me 30 cents a day. It is calling in at 6.15 am daily.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AdRock View Post
    I'm glad your happy with the install and product, the remotes are a handy item. Hopefully we dont see you on here with any issues.
    Thanks and hope so too. It has been working fine last two days. I do have a 10 year parts warranty and a 2 year labour warranty to fall back on. Plus a 30 day "full refund" guarantee if not satisfied. All this written on the company letter head.

But yes anything can happen in 10 years so let's wait and see.

Thanks

No O/C for domestic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drift View Post
    No O/C for domestic.

I happen to have attended a number of this particular companies very angry customers with monstrous phone bills and horrible installations, some breaching S009:2001 Wiring Rules and just general safety

I found an aiphone handset with 240VAC running through it because the numbnut put his mounting screw through the 4 core then into the light switch active inside the wall cavity - the tech didn't finish the job nor say anything to the client... just left site and never returned, the office also didn't return her calls and that's when I got a call from the client and found that!

with this company, or at least the technician(s) I attended after..... anything is possible!

Note: - name of company was confirmed in a PM from the OP - hopefully they have changed the technicians in the last 12 months!

EDIT: I have been advised via PM from OP that it would appear that this company has improved... slightly... Daily test for domestic is not necessary!
    Last edited by TheAlarmGuy; 20-06-12 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks

I happen to have attended a number of this particular companies very angry customers with monstrous phone bills and horrible installations, some breaching S009:2001 Wiring Rules and just general safety

I found an aiphone handset with 240VAC running through it because the numbnut put his mounting screw through the 4 core then into the light switch active inside the wall cavity - the tech didn't finish the job nor say anything to the client... just left site and never returned, the office also didn't return her calls and that's when I got a call from the client and found that!

with this company, or at least the technician(s) I attended after..... anything is possible!

Note: - name of company was confirmed in a PM from the OP - hopefully they have changed the technicians in the last 12 months!
    Thanks for the heads up in your PM. I will keep an eye on how the system works. However I can't fault the install - it was awesome. I was standing with the installer the whole time. Looks like we got a tech who knows his job and does it correctly.

The phone line has been wired correctly and makes only one phone call - no open/close reports or no arm/dis-arm signals. I was told by the Director himself that additional phone calls will only be made when the alarm is triggered.

I would think that the issues were with the previous models and/or techs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vijvis View Post
    I was standing with the installer the whole time.
    I'd charge extra for that.
    Last edited by downunderdan; 20-06-12 at 10:42 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to downunderdan For This Useful Post:

Andrewpv01 (23-06-12)

Thanks

Daily test for domestic is not necessary!
    Thanks. I will call the company and ask if they will change to weekly reporting as you said in your PM to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by downunderdan View Post
    I'd charge extra for that.
    That's ok with me :-)

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234