Thread: Downies coin auction.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 317 Posts

Default Downies coin auction.

Downies coin auction is on in July and I thought if it's ok with the mods, I'd post a link. They are also auctioning Aus and overseas military metals, trench art and militaria. Thought the military items might be of interest to you, Sanity.

Cheers
    You can learn alot using Google, and the search button.....

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Yep , definately some nice items. I dont participate in auctions (with the exception of Ebay), they are too much of a stuff around in my opinion and "estimated" prices never seem to be anywhere near final prices (based on the auction results spam email I get)

Ironically, I spent yesterday getting off auction lists. It seems that if I buy anything military (non auction), businesses seem to think its ok to add me to auction mailing lists without my permission. They really should realise that what they are doing is illegal under Australian law, having to give them my name to get off them is even more ridiculous and illegal.

But obviously people do use auctions or they wouldnt have them I would be interested to hear from anyone that does buy from them and what they think.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 317 Posts

I should get some feedback regarding the auction from the people on the coin forum I visit. I'll drop any feedback here.

Email list are a real pain. I watch with amazement in shopping centres etc, people leaving all their details so the can win a car, boat, free roof clean and paint or whatever else is on offer.
    You can learn alot using Google, and the search button.....

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Yeah, nothing gets my goat more than getting put on an email list by Australians companies when I simply buy something. I have no problem if I approve by ticking a box or something, other than that, grrrrrrr.....

Just having a read of the auction rules etc, if you buy something you have to pay the winning price plus an 18.75% buyers premium. If you are a new customer and want to bid, you have to include a 25% deposit or have a reference from a military dealer.

Tempting though it is with some nice items, paying another 20% odd on top of the price would give me the shits. I wish a lot of them would conduct their auctions on ebay, then I wouldnt mind the spam email and would more than likely buy stuff from them. They would have all their regular customers plus a lot of new ones.

But thats my opinion only