Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zaap tv

Thanks

XBMC is a good program however to import the list i need the full FTA .xml file which includes the channels I need to watch, here comes another question how can make .xml file which i can create from live feeds as URLs? and if there is one out there to download please advise. cheers

Thanks

zaaptv is becoming huge in Aust the unit is now selling for $450 (your lucky to get one or get in contact with one of their resellers in Aust & once you do they will deliver the unit to you & charge you $10 delivery fee or meet you at some shopping centre to give you the unit without a proper receipt but still charge GST lol ). Support and customer service is NIL and I think its because they are very very busy.

I finally managed to buy one couple of weeks ago; it works great and the quality of some of the channels is VERY clear and beats UBI by far. Sometimes though (when idle) the unit shuts off for no reason and you cant turn it back on using the remote so you need to power it off & on and then you will have to wait for the UI to load up which is very slow andddd you have to redo the settings again such as screen ratio settings, timezone etc..

Tried emailing their support & got the below:

"Dear ZAAPTV users,

All ZAAPTV product have 1 year hardware warranty and 1 year
    technically support from the day of purchase.

The hardware warranty and technical support is handled only by your seller.

Please contact your seller for hardware warranty and technically support.

Thank you for using
    ZAAPTV

***** IMPORTANT ********
    WE ARE NOT ANSWER
    ANY SUPPORT EMAILS
    *****************************"

Also the channel list is always changing they keep adding/removing channels so one day for example FX Movies is on page one and the next day its down to page 5. Some of the channels are NOT broadcasted anywhere on the Internet so their disclaimer is definitely misleading.

Once you register the unti online you will get a very cool feature of adding your own channels to your zaaptv box from the myzaaptv page and you will also get to search what other people have added and subscribe to that channel. I think of it as a bittorrent client for IPTV

I have also tried Planet iTV; I believe this unit is made by zaaptv as well but sold under a different brand name and its only available in Australia (I THINK) the UI is similar to zaaptv but has less channels and selling for the same price. Comparing the units side by side they look exactly the same however many channels on planet itv do not work as quick & load as fast as with zaaptv. Example: I tried playing one channel on planet itv, it didn’t work and an error message of “stream not available” came up but playing the same channel on zaaptv at the same time worked without any issues. Got the same results with 3-4 other channels.

There is also another brand called Jeddo or something; the unit is an exact same copy of zaaptv but again different logo and I think its mainly for the people that like Indian channels. I tried contacting their support to ask what the difference is between them and zaaptv and their online support dude said "we cant comment on that" lol

There are now many similar units out there trying to compete with zaaptv by the looks of it but are they going to last? And for how long? Just found this link

• The Following User Says Thank You to oztek For This Useful Post:

tonyw1 (07-03-16)

Thanks

Default Zaaptv buffers

My biggest problem with ZAAPTV is that it buffers constantly and puts a damper on your viewing experience. My broadband speed is fast so I think the problem lies with the IPTV box. Customer service was surprisingly indifferent over the phone and asked to send an email. Till date, I have sent five emails, but am yet to receive a response! I would like to know if anyone is facing similar issues....and has any tips/resolutions.....

Thanks

does the UltraPlus support iptv services that need a MAG 250 ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtc2005 View Post
    NOT RECOMENDED.

It might be attractive but its basically a scam. I havn't read their user policy or t&c, but i cant figure out how this company is going to keep paying for the bandwidth you use to stream the channels from their servers for the rest of your life? what will happen when their sales start to drop? whats their longterm business plan?
    Lol , you really could predict the future. Well I'm basically one of the clients that got scammed by Zaaptv. It was like you said, after a time they suddenly stopped supporting the old models and demanded all clients to buy new receivers .

I'm one of them that refused to do that, what tells me that if I buy their new model that they'll no do the same trick again and ask me to pay again ?

There are lot other serious IPTV brands. I have been using Easybox IPTV for a bit more than 6 months. And I find it much better than the Zaaptv, the channels in Easybox are fixed and don't get changed. Unlike the Zaaptv where the channels kept changing and removed.

Thanks

I don't understand why anyone would pay a subscription fee to ZaapTV when all the content is freely available.
    Just get any Android box and search Greek TV in Google Play Store.
    Works fine.
    OR
    install Kodi and Hellenic TV repo.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shlocker For This Useful Post:

pheggie (07-03-16),Xplorer (07-03-16)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12