Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Navcore 9.450 with memroy boost for 32mb devices and integrated GPSFix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldmatetomtom View Post
    My device has gotten stuck in a "boot loop" and won't get past the initial logo screen before it resets itself.
    Copying over the favourites file (mapsettings.cfg) from a previous map version to the new map version causes the tomtom to get stuck in a endless boot loop.

What you need to do is operate tomtom from within tomtom home
    chage preferences -> Manage favourites
    select a favourite, rename it and select done.

This will migrate the favourites from the old map version to the new map version and stop the endless rebooting.

Thanks

Hi downunder

I followed your advice and it works now without any problems on XL One IQ routes and on GO 730. Thank you very much.

I wil test on more devices allso and let you know again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Copying over the favourites file (mapsettings.cfg) from a previous map version to the new map version causes the tomtom to get stuck in a endless boot loop.
    Thanks! I've gotten out of the boot loop and started from scratch. I still can't seem to get this Navcore working properly on my device though.

The first thing I did was plan a route, I chose Brisbane to Sydney, and it froze for a while then reset itself. When it restarted I tried to plan another route, Canberra to Adelaide, and about half way through planning it froze and reset.

Thought I was following the guide properly to create the swap file?

Thanks

Thanks! I've gotten out of the boot loop and started from scratch. I still can't seem to get this Navcore working properly on my device though.

Thought I was following the guide properly to create the swap file?
    This is how I installed it to my One XL 32mb.

* backup previous setup.
    * Start with blank memory card (fat32).
    * Extract contents of zip downloaded from post one to root directory of memory card.
    * Add voices folder from previous TomTom backup to memory card.
    * Add Australia v890.4278 map, cameras, POI and Mapsettings.cfg backup.
    * Run latest FastActivate to register cameras, map and voices.
    * Operate my TomTom etc to migrate mapsettings.cfg into new map version.
    * First thing I did was prepare and simulate a big route. EG Sydney to Cairns

This setup will default to whatever TomTom model you are using. For ONE XL basic factory default look with no IQ/ALG and skins.

Edit the reskin file in the skins folder to 18-GO x20 to enable these features. Change skin to only 34 One or 35 XL. For this model.

All this can be done using faster 3rd party SD memory card reader.

I would also recommend trying a different memory card to ensure that the existing card is not causing the problem. My old existing memory card was on its way out and causing various problems, especially when writing to card. I ended up changing it to a different card and it had no problems after doing this.
    Last edited by Greg; 20-06-12 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I would also recommend trying a different memory card to ensure that the existing card is not causing the problem.
    I am installing this to the devices internal memory and I think that is on it's way out. After trying a few times I think I've got it working, although it has rebooted itself once.

I've got a known working map and NC on a SD card that I will use if my TomTom's internal memory does die completely.

Thank you for your help.

Thanks

I am installing this to the devices internal memory and I think that is on it's way out.
    I just checked the one XL 32mb specifications and realised you must have one of the models that has 512mb or 1GB of internal memory. The One XL I have only came with SD card. No internal storage memory. The instructions above also apply to the internal memory as well. As you said. Its also a good idea to have a copy on an SD card as backup incase the storage does stop working.

Thanks

Hi downunder;

I allso have tested it with your instructions on TomTomOne V3. I have tried it on 2 devices and it works perfect. After swap file is made, the device is very quickly responding and works like a charm.

I have made this version in Dutch now, with TTS voices etc. And have made a Dutch installation guide. It really works like a charm

Thanks to Downunder
    Last edited by Kajoe; 23-06-12 at 06:46 AM.

Thanks

Hi Downunder

I have posted the Dutch version on Newsgroups, with offcourse a thanks to you. You are the creator. I had allready a lot feedback and can confirm that it allso works on One V4, One V2, Go710, Go720, Go730, OneXL, OneXLIQroutes, OneXlHDTraffic.

Only one problem in One V2, It is impossible to select Time, arriving time and time to all together After selection normal time is not visable.

Thanks

Here is my advise in Dutch language:

Lees eerst goed door, voordat je begint.

Hieronder staat aangegeven wat je moet doen bij installatie op een SD card. Wanneer je geen SD Card hebt, geldt dezelfde manier voor Internal van je TomTom.
    Volg de instructies wel exact op, anders kan het zijn dat je toestel blijft rebooten of heel langzaam reageren zal. Wanneer je onderstaande instructies stap
    voor stap opvolgt, wordt er een Swap file aangemaakt, waardoor je TomTom supersnel werkt. Deze versie werkt op de 32 en 64 bits versies.
    Alle credits gaan naar Downunder. Ik heb deze versie alleen maar Nederlands gemaakt en de belangrijke toevoegingen bijgevoegd daarvoor. Ook de TTS stemmen heb ik
    toegevoegd. Ik heb deze na de aanpassingen getest op de GO730, de ONE XL IQ routes en de TomTomOne V3. Bij allen werkte deze supersnel en zonder problemen.

Bij het maken van de hieronder genoemde instellingen, zal je merken dat het apparaat soms erg langzaam of zelfs bijna niet reageert en dat kan wel wat
    frustraties tot gevolg hebben. Laat het apparaat echter gewoon eerst zijn ding doen. Het apparaat is namelijk erg langzaam, omdat het eerst alle
    niet gebruikte dingen moet verwijderen om Ram ruimte vrij te krijgen en schrijft dat in het SD/ Internal geheugen. Wanneer je de hieronder genoemde
    punten juist uitgevoerd hebt, zal je merken dat bij de eerstvolgende restart het apparaat perfect zal werken.

Het is dus erg belangrijk om onderstaande stappen in exact de juiste volgorde uit te voeren.

1) Maak je SD Card leeg, maar zorg wel dat je het *.BIF bestandje (en eventueel kaarten) laat staan.
    Het beste is een schone installatie natuurlijk.
    2) Kopieer de gehele inhoud uit de map Navcore_9.45032_NL_All" naar de root van de SD Card.(Dus niet de map zelf)
    3) Installeer een nieuwe kaart of laat de oude kaart geactiveerd staan op je SD Card.
    4) Check of het *.bif bestandje op de SD Card staat.(die heb je nodig voor het activeren van de kaarten)
    5) Zorg dat de kaart geactiveerd is voordat je de TomTom opstart voor de eerste keer, anders kan je helemaal opnieuw beginnen.
    Wanneer de kaart geactiveerd is moet je het *.bif bestandje weer verwijderen.
    6) Om ervoor te zorgen dat er een grote Swapfile aangemaakt wordt en daardoor maximaal Ram geheugen spaart moet je het volgende doen:
    a) Start je TomTom op NA voorgaande stappen uitgevoerd te hebben.
    b) Voer de initiële setup uit.
    c) Ga naar het menu en plan een lange Route (bijvoorbeeld van Groningen naar Venlo of nog verder. Hoe verder hoe beter).
    Doe dit met "bereid Route voor", dus niet met "Navigeer naar" anders wordt er geen Swapfile aangemaakt.
    d) Ga nadat de route berekend is naar "Detail" en kies in het menu voor "Toon routedemo".
    e) Nadat de Demo 1 keer volledig uitgevoerd, moet je nog even de stem en eventuele flits kamera instellingen testen.
    f) Zet je TomTom na hierboven genoemde stappen uit.

Is het niet gelukt? Maak dan alles weer leeg op je SD Card, maar laat de geactiveerde kaart staan. En begin dan weer vanaf punt 2,
    maar dan ZONDER het *.bif bestandje op de SD Card terug te zetten. Hierna moet het werken.

Nogmaals, wanneer je het apparaat alleen maar opstart en hierbovengenoemde instellingen niet eerst uitvoert, wordt de Swapfile niet aangemaakt.
    Dit kan tot gevolg hebben, dat je apparaat blijft rebooten of dat het apparaat langzaam zal blijven reageren!

Groetjes Kajoe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 862 Posts

I suggest to use the XL Live emulation, it gives a 3pane statusbar and full support for other features like the jukebox as well.
    Should make no difference if it is a ONE V3 or V2, so I suspect the problem is the GPS fix.
    Never TT models use the SIRF chip older the Broadcom or Global Locate chips.
    I also updated the links with a version that is less agressive on the ram saving but does not produce so many reboots when recalculating.
    So I suggest to use the new version and to update the QuickFix data using Home right after installing it.
    Once you got a satfix the time will be shown and available - this only happens if you install a new NC and never had sat lock with it before
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

Thanks

Hi Downunder

Thanks for your updated version and you tips. I wil let you know if everything works okay now. Great job again.

Thanks

Hi downunder

This version works much better on One versions. One hard problem persists. On GO750 screen hangs when lane assistance screen appears. And after reset device is not working reacting anymore. Complete new installation must be done. This is a heavy bug.

Thanks

Well, as stated in other relations already: a X50 can't work with a V8 Navcore.
    Since the mem boost works by using V8 kernel parts it will never work properly on a X50.
    So you see it is not a bug but simply incompatibility - that's why it says: "32mb" devices"
    Use the 9.430 istead, the only difference is that it has no support for the asian stuff - the basic NC is identical.

Thanks

Hi Downunder. Thanks for you quick answer again. Thanks for your great work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder35m View Post
    Well, as stated in other relations already: a X50 can't work with a V8 Navcore.
    Since the mem boost works by using V8 kernel parts it will never work properly on a X50.
    So you see it is not a bug but simply incompatibility - that's why it says: "32mb" devices"
    Use the 9.430 istead, the only difference is that it has no support for the asian stuff - the basic NC is identical.
    Warning sounds like "you are travelling too fast" that I downloaded using tomtom home do not work. A warning I recorded myself seems to work ok.
    Is there some reason for this? TNX

Thanks

You can check with a sound editor which the format is that works fine on your device and simply convert the other sounds you need into the same format.
    All sounds should be located in the folder "sounds", except warning sounds for POI's or cams - they should be in the map folder.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Downunder35m For This Useful Post:

kaygill (04-07-12)

Thanks

Hi Downunder

I have noticed that Phone is not working good when using skin x50 on my GO730. If I make a call there is no sound, and allso the sound of TTS is than not working anymore. I have to reset my device after making a call to correct this problem.

If I choose skin x40, Phone is working good and TTS voice keeps on working.

Thanks

Than I suggst to stick with X40 instead, the menu differences are minute and IMHO the zoom bar when searching the map works not good in X50 (at least not for the 9.430).
    I assume you changed to the 9.430 already?

Thanks

No, I am using 9.450 with memory boost and for the rest I have no problems at all with this version. This version works great on many models.

Thanks

Well, than you have to stick to X40 or try a custom menu...

• Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast