14 63.64%
  • Labour

6 27.27%
  • Greens

2 9.09%

Thread: Governor General

Thanks

Exclamation Governor General

We really need some legal whip to examine Juliars performence and then petition the Gov Gen to dismiss this pitful excuse for a Government, and while she is at it F@#k off the lot of them, start from scratch is what I say....

"However, there are some powers which the Governor-General may, in certain circumstances, exercise without – or contrary to – ministerial advice. These are known as the reserve powers. While the reserve powers are not codified as such, they are generally agreed to at least include:

1. The power to appoint a Prime Minister if an election has resulted in a ‘hung parliament’;

2. The power to dismiss a Prime Minister where he or she has lost the confidence of the Parliament;

3. The power to dismiss a Prime Minister or Minister when he or she is acting unlawfully; and

4. The power to refuse to dissolve the House of Representatives despite a request from the Prime Minister. "

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 974 Posts

Talking

Labor is spelt Labor.

You should have included "none of the above"

I have always been a Labor voter altho' of recent times they have tested my resolve.

I wouldn't vote Liberal because I don't like their look after the rich and cannot stand Abbott.

As for the Greens, I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire, f*^kwits.

So at this moment in time I have pressed the Labor button, only because there wasn't a donkey vote button!!!

Be careful of what you wish for.

Incoming!!! Dons tinfoil hat.
    Last edited by xnavyman; 08-06-12 at 12:47 PM.
    Some people need to get their finger out of their arse so that the brain can get some oxygen"

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xnavyman For This Useful Post:

exited (08-06-12),luvpkn (08-06-12)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,109 Times in 9,100 Posts

I agree with xnavyman, there should be a "none of the above" choice. I pushed liberal because this government is an embarrassing and expensive joke.

Do you seriously think that the Governor General would sack her own son-in-law?

Oh xnavyman, the Labor party looks after the rich quite nicely thank you very much, they just speak differently to fool the gullible. I too hate Abbott.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

luvpkn (08-06-12),xnavyman (08-06-12)

Thanks

I wouldn't piss on any of them either, I grew up in Tassie so I know the hypocrisy that the greens often demonstrate, driving HZ stationwagons to protest renewable logging.

It can't be overlooked that through out our great history the Liberal movement has given prosperity to the nation albeit not allways evenly spread.

I vote Liberal but for the first time I find meself at odds, Tony Abbott, seriously WTF, why for the love of god hasn't Joe or somebody given this git the boot.........

• The Following User Says Thank You to luvpkn For This Useful Post:

xnavyman (08-06-12)

Thanks

At the moment definitly Labor. I won't vote on any party which the policy is unknown to me. NBN issue is a second factor.
    "Politics is a bit like religion, everyone expects his/her "salvation" for their own private problems"
    "When you argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."