Thread: St George oven WEO-7 element not heating

Thanks

Default St George oven WEO-7 element not heating

Hi folks,
    i have a St George wall oven that the "fan forced oven element" was not heating.

Easy i thought, replace the element.

After many words.... F@#k, bit@h etc i eventually got the element all hooked up.
    I had to remove the oven from wall unit as the wires were too short to pull through into the oven cabinet...FFS.

(I measured the "old" element but it measured 24 ohms, the same as the new one, bugger)
    maybe it goes open under load?

new element installed..... nope that's not it.

Its was out of the wall, sitting on chairs in the middle of the kitchen to the wifes dismay.

Has anyone elase had the same experience with this issue and the fault?

All the relays click etc so it looks as though i may have a faulty controller board.

The rest of the oven works fine including all other heating elements.

Well after pulling out the controller board, the fault was fairly obvious.
    A nice carbonised pin on a relay and no PCB track left.
    Cleaned up and resoldered along with a couple of other suspect joints and she is a goer......

Happy Wife....Happy life

Regards Lee

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

Those St George ranges are special! I got coerced into changing the hinges on my brother's range. He got a quote of $958.60 to do the job, so I volunteered my services (big mistake). $85.00 worth of parts and six hours labour, now he has just renovated his kitchen and flicked the St George for a Delonghi.
    I know I have asked before, but does anyone know where to buy a 700mm free standing electric range. My early 90's unit has reached the point of no return
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov

• 23-04-19, 04:36 PM