Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: antenna set up

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

IF ALL channels are or will be available from the one location, then all you need is one antenna and then decide on the where your TV's are and the easiest of connecting them.
    Only you know the layout of your house to make the final choice.
    If they dont, based on their location, you would need 2 antenna, each facing the different translators then couple/combine them and go from there to service each TV.
    Be careful choosing the size of the antenna, I dont believe in overpaying but also the smallest and cheapest is not always a good idea, so get antenna's that have several elements for a Yagi or a Phased Array which are well known for their reception qualities and while your at it, go for broke with new cable (Quad shield RG6) and connections so you wont have to consider replacing for many years to come.
    I have seen diagrams of an antenna at one end and a cable run to the last TV, motel style, or the antenna mounted near the centre of the run and feed 3 on each side, or in the extreme, one antenna per TV or say one antenna feeding 2 TV's.
    Be aware digital is very unforgiving with the signal unlike analog where you could get away near anything and still get a picture.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 03-10-13 at 04:47 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123