Thread: getting around telstra

Thanks

Default getting around telstra

i recently rang telstra to ask if i can get cable broadband installed at my house , i have a strange addressing system in my street so it easily confused the telstra genius on the other end of the line , consequently i was told "no sorry you havent got access at your address" . Knowing this was a load of shite(because my immediate neighbour has it) i rang the next day to ask again and speak to a different rep. i was told the same thing for the same reason (stupid crunts)
    change of tact ; rang foxtel , got free connection , no lockin contract (on all deals at the moment ) connected .stoked
    Last edited by ajax; 21-06-12 at 09:01 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ajax View Post
    i recently rang telstra to ask if i can get cable broadband installed at my house , i have a strange addressing system in my street so it easily confused the telstra genius on the other end of the line , consequently i was told "no sorry you havent got access at your address" . Knowing this was a load of shite(because my immediate neighbour has it) i rang the next day to ask again and speak to a different rep. i was told the same thing for the same reason (stupid crunts)
    change of tact ; rang foxtel , got free connection , no lockin contract (on all deals at the moment ) connected .stoked
    Hi Ajax, I tell you what you should do so you don't get the telstra genius in to trouble obviously there should be no cable running past your house as they have no record of it, so if there is go and cut the cable get as much as you can as the more you have the more you can get for recycling, think of it as nation building now you have work and the person that will install the new cable for you to watch it on also will have work.

I must be board

Thanks

thanks vautek , hows your day at telstra going?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Dont just think Telstra hasnt a clue as I do not exist on the Optus area computer.
    I recently activated a SIM card and the happy little Singaporean lady said she had 3 places that appeared in 3 towns 100 miles or more from me, not even using the Postcode do I appear.
    The Village was officialy named in 1823 and was part of the road to Bathurst not long after the 1813 crossing and because of a small creek was used as a named stopping point for those travelling West untill the official name was given.
    As we're approaching the 200th anniversary next year, maybe Optus' maps MIGHT be brought into the 21st Century ?

PS, dont talk to me about 'Funny Address's' as I did the Census in the area in 1996 and even though I had been here then over 35 years, I found address's I had never heard of.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 22-06-12 at 10:54 AM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!