Thread: Converting oziexplorer calibrated map to Garmin map- help please !!!

Thanks

Default Converting oziexplorer calibrated map to Garmin map- help please !!!

greeting guys , im sure this has been asked before - had a look in "search: could not find an option that works for me - question is i can make and calibrate maps in Oziexplorer - i just can put them into my Garmin 62sc as it wont take that format - and for the life of me i can not find a program that will convert to the garmin format - can anyone help with free software ??

Look Here ->
    Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

I haven't tried this, however the description indicates that it should work.
    Garmin Custom Maps

"Put paper maps on your compatible device with Custom Maps — a free and simple process that transforms paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps that you can transfer to your device. Custom Maps are created using our map-drawing technology to georeference map images."

source;

Edit: had a read thru the instructions, your GPS is supported for use with the Garmin Custom Map program.
    It does say though, that for converting electronic maps you will need to convert them to a Jpeg first using GIMP
    Seems like a lot of hassle, so you would be better of just getting your hands on a copy of OZtopo V3 or 4, or Garmin Topo 3.
    Last edited by Tiny; 28-06-12 at 10:37 AM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."