Thread: xda zinc downgrade to wm5

Thanks

Default xda zinc downgrade to wm5

ok, here is the story, i had wm5 on my zinc. it worked perfectly, if i was useing tomtom to nav around and i had a bluetooth headset on, when a call came in, tomtom was muted but the display worked still and i could take the call, then when i hang up tomtom was automatticly un muted. and keep in mind that the gps works via a bluetooth gps reciever so basicly i use 2 x bluetooth devices at the same time, and it works find on wm5.

Now i upgraded to wm6, its gotta b better right...WRONG
    now when navigating around if the phone rings, tomtom locks up, i try to answer the phone and the whole device locks up, soft reset fixes it but its a pain in the arse if somone rings ya when u r navigating around now as it locks up the nav.

Now i tried to change back to 2m5 useing the rom i used origionally to install the latest wm5. it fails every time. basicly i cant downgrade back to wm5 and am now stuck with this shit house wm6.

Does anyone have any idea how to force it to install wm5. when i try to install wm5 over wm6, it dumps the image to the phone, then the phone reboots and fails in its little command window or what ever it is, it looks like post bios or cisco bootstrap. it doesnt ruin wm6 when it does that but it doesnt install wm5 either.

Anyone got any ideas

Look Here ->
    Thanks

It sounds you stuck there, mate.
    AFAIK, there is no easy downgrade from WM6 back to WM5 way. I don't have the same PDA as yours, but when I upgraded mine it had a warning about no way back.
    Now you really have only three options:
    1. Do hard reset, loose all your data and then reinstall everything fresh on to your WM6 device. The hope is something went wrong during your first installation. WM6 supposed to be better system.
    2. Try to search on xda-developers site some tools to reflash your XDA and the original rom. If you lucky you will find it. I read somewhere that some PDAs have roms and tools developed for the purpose.
    3. Send back to your XDA service centre to flash the device and put WM5 back.

Thanks

have done 1 and 2 already, im not too keen on 3 as i have sent a device back to them in the past and 3 months later i got it back. but thanx for the reply anyways