Thread: New Wii Update

Thanks

Default New Wii Update

So has anyone with a modded Wii updated their console with the new update (as of 17/6) or have any info about the new update (I think it's to 3.3)? The disclaimer on the update basicaly states that any save files created by unauthorised modifications will be detected and deleted. Just wondering if there's any further clarification on the topic..........tez

Look Here ->
    Thanks

So far I have read that it locks freeloader from being used on imported games and blocks them from running, forces you to use the same region as your console.....still looking for more info.
    I think I will wait for the moment.

Thanks

Both Trucha (what freeloader uses, edited games like manhunt gore patch) and Twilight princess hack have been broken by this patch. Looks like they have already worked out how to get the Twilight hack to work again. Advice is to not update to this new version.

Great detailed technical info on it here.
    By reading this, you have already given me control over a tiny slice of your mind

Thanks

Well as much as I'm all for mods and homebrew I can understand Nintendo's approach to mods but piss on them for making Australia (and no doubt Europe) wait 6+ months for games to be released on our shores after the US and now taking away the ability to use Freeloader.

I read some stuff on that site (thanks for that bouncing breas...I mean covert). Couldn't see anything but does it mention anything about save games other than Zelda, meaning if I updated (which I'm not planning on) would it delete my saves created from copied discs?

And what classes as a modified disc? Ones like the gore patched Manhunt 2 I can understand as the disc/content has been modified but what about games where the updates have been removed or the region coding has been tampered with, do they count?

So many questions, I hate waiting.....tez

Thanks

Save game check code is only for TP.

Any Trucha singed disk is classed as a modified disk. If the disk did not need to be Trucha singed it is ok.
    By reading this, you have already given me control over a tiny slice of your mind