Thread: Scrabble for Kindle Fire

Thanks

Default Scrabble for Kindle Fire

I don't normally ask for something. But I've been trying to buy the app Scrabble for Kindle Fire. It's only $2.99 on Amazon, except that I can't buy it because I don't have a US address or US credit card. I know that there are work arounds but they are seriously convoluted.

I would gladly pay anyone $20.00 if they could Pm me with the .apk for this game. I've looked and searched, but to no avail. I know that one day it will be on the torrents or Usenet, but I really don't want to wait that long.
    Last edited by fudda; 13-07-12 at 10:11 PM.

Look Here ->
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

filecrop.com returns a couple of working rapidshare links but I don't know if they work on your device.
    If it is an Android OS they should work but I have no idea about limitations that Kindle might have.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 14-07-12 at 12:03 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

fudda (14-07-12)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

I understand that the Kindle Fire is Android-based.

Your post stimulated me to locate and download an Android version of Scrabble to see if it will work on my newly acquired Android-based tablet. I located a version and it works for me, but I need to point out that my unit is NOT a Kindle.

I have uploaded it to the Filebox at .

Try it and let me know if it works on your Kindle Fire.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post

Try it and let me know if it works on your Kindle Fire.
    Thank you for that Tristen. It seems to work fine except that it only uses about one quarter of the screen, which makes it quite miniscule. There seems to be no way to make it full screen. Yet Angry Birds for Android and another quite good game called Sprinkle use the entire screen, even though they aren't made specifically for the Kindle Fire.

I wish Amazon would get a hurry along and release the Fire internationally, and at least make their apps available. ATM you can't get even free apps unless you have a US credit card. I know there are work arounds, changing the DNS settings in the router and obtaining a virtual US credit card for $15 and then applying credit to it, but it seems such a hassle for something worth only $2.99, and probably the free app of the day soon.

Anyway, I bought the Fire to read books and for that it's brilliant and each member of the family now has one. Its backlit screen is great for reading in bed at night without a light on.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Hmmmmm .... It works full-screen on my Onda Vi40 9.7" device. Strange.

I downloaded a copy of Sudoku a few minutes ago and that does exactly the same as you have described.

I must investigate this more thoroughly in order to find the reason - but not today as I have to go a'visiting.