Thread: Help playing rtmp streams

Thanks

Default Help playing rtmp streams

Good day,

I'm a newbie in the streaming world, and have been trying to get rtmp streams to play on my Win 7 PC. I've googled and downloaded a few programs (some english, one looked turkish / greek ?? (no idea),) have no idea if there are genuine or not, and still can't get the streams to work.

Firstly, i need to identify whether the rtmp streams are dead, or i don't have the right software to play rtmp streams.

Started with rtmp dump, but can't figure out how to get it to interface with vlc. Then tried mplayer / smplayer , and them simpleTV(not in english). Still nothing.

I then found a site, that had a live stream running. Used URL Helper to sniff the rtmp url. Once i got the url, (which i knew is live and running) copied and pasted it into all 3/4 different programs that i had downloaded, and none of them played the stream.

Can't figure out where i am going wrong. Looking at the rtmp url, it looks like there are 3 portions , a rtmp://xxxxxx a <swfurl> part and a <pageurl> part. Does the whole thing have to pasted into the rtmp player.

Am about to throw in the towel, but am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Look Here ->
    Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

I use Serviio DLNA Server with Live_Feeds.groovy plugin and the correct format is-

SERVIIO Format Universal
    rtmp://213.163.66.62:1935/live/ playpath=master20 swfUrl=http://www.cdnbr.biz/swf/player.swf pageUrl=http://www.cdnbr.biz/mastertv/Universal%20Channel.html live=1

the live=1 is essential so you may need to edit your feeds before they'll work.