Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 230Kw.... only in red.

Thanks

Default 230Kw.... only in red.

Yeah what the hell,.... they're only making 20 of them.

Will see if I can pickup from Adelaide over the weekend.

I heard someone whisper that fossil fuels were drying up...so better get in quick...
    Last edited by z80; 19-06-08 at 01:52 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

thats a nice car

Thanks

But is the Mitsubishi plant not closing ?

WTF didn't this thing come out to play earlier ?

Thanks

Are these things front, rear or all wheel drive

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bulbous View Post
    But is the Mitsubishi plant not closing ?

WTF didn't this thing come out to play earlier ?

Yeah...good question.....they are no more....

They've done a small run of 20.

I am driving one on Monday with a bit of luck.

Thanks

Nice looking car with reasonable performance for a blown 6 but nothing to jump up and down about with 0 to 100kph of 6 seconds and 400m time of 14 seconds.
    Lets also remember that it is running very low boost.

My favorite part is the 6 spot front and 4 spot rear calipers with larger disks and braided lines, goodyear f1's and actual larger working rear spoiler.
    The adjustable weighted suspension and shockers are great and very "track" until someone plays with the ride height and throws the corner weights out.

To pull 230kw from 6 to 7 psi is not too shabby. Being supercharged there would be bucketloads of torque from low rpm.

Great looking interior and developed here in Melbourne.

Cant see anyone making good use of the extra downforce though. lol

My disapointment is 230kw and front wheel drive in a family sized car.
    What is the point of the extra performance with a large front wheel drive?

If Mitsubishi dropped that body and engine on the EVO platform i would have said "yes what a car".
    You could actualy use the 230kw.

click next page for the rest of it.

If its less than $38k id say great value for money.

Thanks

yeah...but I don't want an SS ute....LOL or an Evo...

I have big European hands and legs and non-slanty eyes...

Oh..and there is also the usual discount for me....

Thanks

my fto can keep up with that thing and do alot better than it on a track me thinks.there would be shitload of udnersteer as soon as you would try and t urn the corner and accelerate it wouldnt be friendly as global said whats the point of having a car wit h230kw and not being bale to use it? I say if you wanna buy a front wheel drive with balls get a Mazda 323 MPS now those things r frigen quick.

Hows fuel economy on this mitsubishi?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FTO King View Post
    my fto can keep up with that thing and do alot better than it on a track me thinks.there would be shitload of udnersteer as soon as you would try and t urn the corner and accelerate it wouldnt be friendly as global said whats the point of having a car wit h230kw and not being bale to use it? I say if you wanna buy a front wheel drive with balls get a Mazda 323 MPS now those things r frigen quick.

Hows fuel economy on this mitsubishi?
    Fto king, the 380's suspensions been tuned and sorted, she can handle well and stop on a dime. Only problem would be torque steer and fwd push through corners on the razor edge.

If you want a quick well engineered front wheel drive look towards Honda Vtec and if you want really quick factory look towards Rtype.

Heaps of aftermarket seriously quick mods.

Their only 170+ kw "stock 4 cyl 2.0 litre", great power to weight.

Anyway back to the topic, what i meant Zed was that the Mitsubishi 380 may have been better as a 4wd car using the EVO drive line.
    A much better way to put the power down with neck breaking launches.
    I didnt mean make the car small like a lancer.

As a side note i dont think only 20 were made, as this time last year i was offered a run against a brand new one by 2 brothers at a party one night.

Maybe only 20 left to be sold?

Thanks

That may have been the series 2?

Spoke to TMR today and it is only 20, 17 allocated already.

Doesn't matter that there are better cars, I just like the limited release idea.

Not interested in track work either...want something "insurable".

just want one to get to church on Sunday. :0

(and heaps of tax deductions needed this month )

It's about $60k on the road.

Thanks

Yes could have been another series as i couldnt amagine a couple of thugs paying $60k for one (unless they stole it), but definitly a 380 or vrx, supercharged factory.

Well just found a interesting write up, yes only 20 of the rally art ones to be made.
    The write up is excellent, the sound of the supercharger whine really got my attention.
    Note the reply down the bottom of the page dated 27 may, only 3 left.....

What the heck Zed, if you like it and can afford it, go for it.
    You only live once.

For afew more $ you could have a genuine EVO and thats a legend.
    I know, i know you want to go to church and you find it small, but maybe its time to worship the devil a little

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by global88 View Post
    Yes could have been another series as i couldnt amagine a couple of thugs paying $60k for one (unless they stole it),

mate, that's no way to talk about your kids and relos

Thanks for the link....they get delivered to about 6 the dealers on Monday.

Knox Mitsubishi will have two ...but probably won't leave the showroom.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by global88 View Post
    Fto king, the 380's suspensions been tuned and sorted, she can handle well and stop on a dime. Only problem would be torque steer and fwd push through corners on the razor edge.

If you want a quick well engineered front wheel drive look towards Honda Vtec and if you want really quick factory look towards Rtype.

Heaps of aftermarket seriously quick mods.

Their only 170+ kw "stock 4 cyl 2.0 litre", great power to weight.

Anyway back to the topic, what i meant Zed was that the Mitsubishi 380 may have been better as a 4wd car using the EVO drive line.
    A much better way to put the power down with neck breaking launches.
    I didnt mean make the car small like a lancer.

As a side note i dont think only 20 were made, as this time last year i was offered a run against a brand new one by 2 brothers at a party one night.

Maybe only 20 left to be sold?

Ah yes the Type R now they are like the holy grail of FWD except for MPS i lvoe those things...However Mitsubishi released the GP Version R fto to counter the integra type R.My mitsu has a LSD to so great for handling some coilovers and slotted rear and front discs.but i got to agree 10x more mods for a integra than a fto.

I love the look of the 380 just dono about the pricetag thats all seems a little steep consdiering you wont be able to contorl al thatpower at the frontwheels anyway.

Thanks

But it's a street car not a racing car !

You don't have to drive a car flat out, this Mitsubitchy will have bags of torque and not need to be flogged on the public road.

Joe Average, driving as the law allows, would not often even notice the thing is front wheel drive - in fact I have mentioned to owners of such cars that they are front wheel drive and they didn't even know...and they own the things.

The only reason you can comment is because you know about cars, most people don't and couldn't care a bit - the car is something they happen to be inside of when they are going somewhere. Yep, just dreaming along, yakkin' with their hands, brushing their hair or scratching their nuts...

Sure it will be a shitbox on the track, but how often will it go there ?

Thanks

You don't have to drive a car flat out, this Mitsubitchy will have bags of torque and not need to be flogged on the public road.

Joe Average, driving as the law allows, would not often even notice the thing is front wheel drive - in fact I have mentioned to owners of such cars that they are front wheel drive and they didn't even know...and they own the things.

The only reason you can comment is because you know about cars, most people don't and couldn't care a bit - the car is something they happen to be inside of when they are going somewhere. Yep, just dreaming along, yakkin' with their hands, brushing their hair or scratching their nuts...

It will only go to church on sundays.

Thanks

the car is something they happen to be inside of when they are going somewhere. Yep, just dreaming along, yakkin' with their hands, brushing their hair or scratching their nuts...

LOL funny thing im starting to think that its not that bad and may have some potential on track.

My method of thought when comparing cars is based on if it can turn and brake on a dime it could save your life in an emergency.
    Having power at hand may save a life as sometimes powering out of a situation can come in handy. Hitting the brakes is not the one and only solution.

Joe average the law abiding fellow would buy a standard 380.
    This rallyart version is more Joe average i have a dark side and i like to put my foot down and go fast.

Use the 230kw and you will find out its front wheel drive very, very quickly.

Nah they wernt my relos Zed, just young freinds of theirs who thought they owned the worlds quickest car.

Bulbous we are only throwing the good and bad points around, yes Zed only intends to take it to church but its good to throw points and comparisions around.

I still say its great for what it is even for a front wheel drive, a family performance street car.

Thanks

is it jsut me or does the pricetag get other poeple to 60k was it cbf scrolling up but yeh/That sprintex blower looks isnane and look at the torque figure its pretty impressive.And im sure even z80 coulda gree with me you dont buy a supercharged vehicle without the intention of pushign it here and there so joe average wouldt buy this car theyd by the VRX not the RalliArt version.Does anyoene see hte irony in calling it ralliart when the whole poitn of ralliart is 2.0L AWD?

Btw hopws fuel economy on this thing 14L/100?

Thanks

is it just me or does the price tag get other poeple to 60k was it cbf scrolling up but yeh/That sprintex blower looks isnane and look at the torque figure its pretty impressive.
    And im sure even z80 could agree with me you dont buy a supercharged vehicle without the intention of pushign it here and there so Joe average wouldn't buy this car theyd buy the VRX not the RalliArt version.

Does anyoene see the irony in calling it ralliart when the whole point of ralliart is 2.0L AWD?

Btw hows fuel economy on this thing 14L/100?

yes mate...

I like to give it a nudge once in a while when the licence points grow back....

Comes a time in your life when you don't want to sit in a little lancer or wrx, you just want a full sized car that can fang for a few seconds a day to scare the little boys....Who wants to sit in a buzz box all day with stupid little japanese sized pedals and squeaking plastic?

I just love it when the little shits come up on the left with a parked car in front ...cause I commit to flat stick very time

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z80 View Post
    yes mate...

I like to give it a nudge once in a while when the licence points grow back....

Comes a time in your life when you don't want to sit in a little lancer or wrx, you just want a full sized car that can fang for a few seconds a day to scare the little boys....Who wants to sit in a buzz box all day with stupid little japanese sized pedals and squeaking plastic?

I just love it when the little shits come up on the left with a parked car in front ...cause I commit to flat stick very time
    please do remind me of oyur lsience plater number so i know to never pull up on the side of you

Thanks

please do remind me of oyur lsience plater number so i know to never pull up on the side of you
    LOL...okay...pm sent.....

• Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast