Thread: PS2 Lazer

Thanks

Question PS2 Lazer

Hi all, just want ppl opinions on where would be the best place to buy a KHS-400C lazer from. I have posted in the buy/sell section for 1 but here I am asking for ppl`s input from there experience on where are the best places to get them from incase no one in the sell section has any.
    I have ordered from e-bay before for xbox and have had a fue dud`s thats why I want to here places/comments from you guy`s here that have been there and done that and still doing.
    If this is inapropriate mods please delete.

Thanks
    Min.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

ok min , will leave it here no worries about the thread mate because it is also a valid question .
    Now i have spent 1000's on bloody lasers of the years , and personally i have found to avoid all the asian sites and places such as ebay .
    As far as the lasers are concerned you get what you pay for . the trouble is that a lot of the lasers are refurbs , and these imo generally have a 6 in 10 failure rate so you lose both money and respect for the business .
    Now they do cost a lot more , but I would say spend the extra and get lasers that you know for a fact are brand new . you can generally be assured of this since the seller will give you a good warranty on them . I make sure i get new lasers and put a 12 month warranty on all lasers fitted . They are a fair bit more expensive , but if the cistomer is happy with the facts you give them ie good warranty etc they are well worth it . You can alwasy tell them you can get cheaper refurbs but you cannot give any warranty at all or guarantee they will work , hence if they choose the cheaper crap one you are not out of pocket and the customer has been prewarned .
    I think tow places that are good to get new lasers and quickly in Australia are Modsupplier and Quantronics who are both also active members and supporters of austech . I have only ever had one laser that failed form them and it was my fault as i never checked the LA chip before I put it in and the it fried nearly straight away .
    Ok I hope that little speech makes some sort of sense mate

Thanks

Thanks for the reply ozchips, im sure i`ll be able to wrap my head around a little later today as I just woke up.
    Also thanks for mentioning those 2 places, but looks like I might be buy more things now.

Thanks again.

Thanks

There wouldn't be many places left that would sell new ones these days....heck they were scarce b4 the Slims came out, & came at a premium.
    My motto these days is if it isn't modded turf it & get a new slim ps2 that lasers are cheap & can get almost anywhere. But on the other hand if you have payed for a mod then the ps2 is worth a bit since u have put some money in it......I agree with OZ, avoid refurbs as they only cause you pain...timewise & financially
    PrecisionMods