Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Agent Only ADSL2+ Deals

Premium Member

Thanks

Sounds good.

You may hear some horror stories like any ISP. Exetel did have a reputation for some time that I think vk2amv is referring to, where they basically portrayed if you don't like it, go somewhere else. The CEO, who has since passed away recently was always very forthright and hence got a lot of people off side. I kind of liked his ways as it's refreshing these days as you don't get too many "what you see is what you get" type people in business any more.

Apart from my customers all of my family and friends have been with them for 10 years or more. There was a stage in between when I churned to Internode as I was having internet issues, but it ended up being water in the pit out the front of the house. I churned back to Exetel and it's been fine ever since the pit was fixed.

Lastly, I think a number of non technical people didn't feel confident with their support as a lot of it was ticket based. These days there are 1300 numbers, support tickets and if I sign you up as an agent I'll give you my number to call before you call anyone else.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to warbo For This Useful Post:

mutanti (18-08-12)

Thanks

Hi Warbo,

Just pondering and notice 9000min free on optus that includes local calls. How does that work as they are not timed?
    For wholesale prices on your wedding gifts visit

Priceless Weddings

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Decapper View Post
    Hi Warbo,

Just pondering and notice 9000min free on optus that includes local calls. How does that work as they are not timed?
    Here's some more info Decapper. It basically just means all local calls are included in the plan.

The PSTN telephone service included with "(Included Calls)" plans, provides FREE standard Local and National calls to fixed lines within Australia, plus FREE standard calls to Optus GSM mobiles within Australia. Special calls (13, 1300, 1900, etc) international calls, and calls to other network mobile phones, are excluded.
    (Acceptable Use Policy applies - Free calls limited to 9000 minutes each month)

Each Exetel "Premium ADSL2+ (via Optus)" account also includes...
    • 12 Month contract. (no punitive 18 or 24 month contract lengths)
    • All uploads are not charged.
    • SMS from your keyboard at 7 cents per 160 character message
    • Fax from your keyboard at 10 cents per fax for the first page then 3c per page
    • All plans include static IP.
    • 30 email addresses in the form of – yourname@exemail.com.au
    • 200 megabytes of personal web space
    • A comprehensive User Facility that allows you to manage every aspect of all your Exetel services.

Thanks

I have passed a link to this thread onto my Dad, and he is considering making the switch from Bigpuddle as well.

We both originally got onto Bigpuddle when they first released the 200GB ADSL 2 plans, and we both took the half price offer that they had at the time too making them the cheapest ADSL2 provider at the time for out here in Central West NSW.
    How things have changed since then.

But neither myself or my Dad have any loyalty to Bigpuddle and are strongly considering making the switch to these plans.
    I currently spend $81 a month with Bigpuddle for the 200GB plan at $69.95 a month bundled with the phone line, and a Static IP for another $11 a month and my monthly Data usage is usually under 100GB a month anyway.
    I could go on the 150GB Exetel plan and half my internet bill so I am leaning at making the switch.

Like I said earlier, as much as I dont like some of the business practices of Exetel, the prices are just too good to ignore.

I also have to note that while Exetel are known as a budget ISP, it has been very rare for me to see congestion issues ever mentioned anywhere.

Usually with a budget ISP you will see on forums everywhere lots off issues with not enough backhaul causing congestion in peak times.
    But at least Exetel seem to make sure they always have enough backhaul so there are no congestion issues in peak times allowing a stable ADSL connection so that is one area their reputation seems to be pretty good.

I also have a couple of friends I am passing the info onto as well.
    So hopefully I can end up sending a few people your way Warbo.
    Last edited by vk2amv; 19-08-12 at 10:30 AM.

Premium Member

Thanks

Thanks vk2amv. You've got my email and phone details already so feel to pass that info to your mates as well. They can call any time if they want to ask any questions.

Nice sunny Sunday morning here today. Off for a fish. Hopefully between the dogs and the kids there will be some to be caught within a 500m radius!

Thanks

Hope you caught that Burramundi...

If I switch my Landline to Optus ( AOPF 3 150 Gig Internet Package ) would that include a new number ?
    I have disconnected my phone from the Telephone line due to people ringing all hours of night. Land line is currently with telstra? ( I Use Skype for Some Calls ) ( Mostly My Mobile )
    Would not mind at all if I had new number and it was unpublished ( Silent ) as such.
    Currently Paying for a landline with Telstra which I do not use apart from the ADSL
    Currently paying the Minimal Telstra $22.95 land Line plus the $59.99 TPG 200 Gig Plan
    Total $82.94 per Month plus My Mobile Plan of $49 (Business Mobile Cap Plan $49)

AOPF3 Optus Plan Would Cost me $59.50 $23.44 Saving per Month ($281 Per year )
    + the 9000 Minutes to Landlines
    Are there any other costs Involved ?
    I would have to check with Telstra if removing my Landline would affect my Mobile Plan.
    I will pm you my Landline if you need it to Check up on Anything. But you wont be able to ring me on that..

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mutanti View Post
    Hope you caught that Burramundi...
    Nup, but the kids had a great day!

Thanks for the PM. I'll just reply here to start with so that any other readers can check their exchange first. Your exchange only supports Telstra ADSL2. Currently you're getting your ADSL2 off of TPG (who I also resell for) using the "Off Net" plan. The "Off Net" plan means that TPG doesn't actually have their own Dslam at your exchange, they are using the Telstra ADSL2 service instead. Telstra's wholesale prices aren't as good as Optus but they have come down a lot in the last year. So the only Exetel plans you can look at are Telstra ones such as $42.50 for 150GB plus $25 line rental.

You can check what Dslams there are at your exchange here

Premium Member

Thanks

A bit shallow for fishing! The kids didn't mind. You gotta love the country. Great day out.

• The Following User Says Thank You to warbo For This Useful Post:

marty 17 (20-08-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by warbo View Post
    Nup, but the kids had a great day!

Thanks for the PM. I'll just reply here to start with so that any other readers can check their exchange first. Your exchange only supports Telstra ADSL2. Currently you're getting your ADSL2 off of TPG (who I also resell for) using the "Off Net" plan. The "Off Net" plan means that TPG doesn't actually have their own Dslam at your exchange, they are using the Telstra ADSL2 service instead. Telstra's wholesale prices aren't as good as Optus but they have come down a lot in the last year. So the only Exetel plans you can look at are Telstra ones such as $42.50 for 150GB plus $25 line rental.

You can check what Dslams there are at your exchange here
    Yep. No Probs, Just thought if the Optus thing worked then I could save some Extra $$$.
    Exetel it will be. Will organize it to Go Live a few days before the end of my next Billing cycle.
    Good to see the Kids & Your Dog had a good Time. I'm am a few blocks away from the Murray river here But haven't thrown a line in in ages.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mutanti For This Useful Post:

warbo (19-08-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mutanti View Post
    a 30-day notice is required for TPG and I am half way through billing cycle.
    Current Billing Period: Ends: 2012-09-04
    I Will organize the Exetel Telstra 150 Gig ADSL 2 Plan for $42.50 AT20-3 sometime soon before the end of this cycle.
    Cant see any Peak or off Peak Crap on the plan So I think its won me over, Will ask My IT mates if they heard anything about Exetel as well in the meantime.
    Cant see any other hidden charges apart from the $60 set up fee.
    When you have time before end of Month You can sort out that Churn For Me.
    Say have changeover date for around the 30th September / 1st October.
    you have my Phone Number, PM me yours and I might get you some more deals as well as the other one I have already put you onto.

Premium Member

Thanks

Thanks Mutanti - all arranged.

Premium Member

Thanks

Default Service Qualification Checks

I can also do full service qualification checks. Email me your number and I can check if you are able to get adsl2.

These checks are different than any adsl2 exchange checks. They are via a live portal into the providers database and it checks the actual line.

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to warbo For This Useful Post:

ada101 (24-07-13),AJM (05-09-12),efab (01-09-12),kaza (29-08-12),marty 17 (29-08-12),WhiteOx (29-08-12)

Thanks

I was on Naked ADSL with Netspace for $59.90 per month for a long time.
    Netsplace was recently sold to iiNet. Lost my Naked ADSL plan. they added a line rental cost to my service and removed me of the Naked Plan. Now offering me 200 gig with line rental for $59.90 per month, which is not a bad deal.

However I now have started using Streaming to watch Movies and Documentaries on my new Boxee Box. I was not aware that what they offered me was 100 gig peak and 100 off peak. which is not enough for me now that I have started streaming on the Boxee.

Your Telstra ADSL1 plan with 500gig for $52.50 interests me, I presume there is no peak/off peak in this plan? warbo.

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phillipsart View Post
    Your Telstra ADSL1 plan with 500gig for $52.50 interests me, I presume there is no peak/off peak in this plan? warbo.
    Hi phillipsart,

You're correct. There are no peak/off peak limitations at all. Are you sure you can't get ADSL2?

Thanks

Hi phillipsart,

You're correct. There are no peak/off peak limitations at all. Are you sure you can't get ADSL2?
    Hi warbo. I don't believe I can at the moment, but even if it was available, I don't want it. I had ADSL2 in the past and it was a nightmare. Very unreliable service, kept on dropping out and very slow. They had to drop my line speed down slower than I was getting on ADSL1.

Been back on ADSL1 for the past couple of years and my speed is up and very reliable.

I want to stick with ADSL1 and on the Telstra Exchange. The optus exchange up here where I live is no good.

I also run a business, so am interested in any business plans you might have. It's a sole business I run from home.

I will not be using the land line, as I use VOIP. Land line phone will be off the hook, basically only need the land line so I can get ADSL service.

What can you offer me?

Main things, I want ADSL1 on the telstra network, unless you can show evidence that ADSL2 has improved where I live, but going by my past experiences with ADSL2, i'm very concerned. Want lots of Gigs per month so I can stream of Netflix on my Boxee Box.
    Last edited by phillipsart; 30-08-12 at 04:07 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks

Hi Phillip,

Good chatting to you yesterday. I'll post the info here so anyone else who might have the same question can read it.

Your number returns positive results for Telstra ADSL2+ using the test tools that Exetel use.

Lets say that you apply for ADSL2+ and you experience problems as you have in the past, then you can change to the equivalent ADSL1 plan for a fee of $20, even though there is a 12 month contract.

Basically as long as you are changing between the same infrastructure, which you would be then it's only the $20.

In my opinion it's worth seeing how the ADSL2+ goes based on that. Let me know what you think?

• The Following User Says Thank You to warbo For This Useful Post:

phillipsart (31-08-12)

Premium Member

Thanks

A quick post for anyone that upgraded their existing ADSL1 plan to an ADSL2 one, you will probably need to reboot your modem for the speed change to take affect today.

Thanks

I can 100% confirm there is no blocking in regards to netflix with Exetel Mutanti.
    I'm looking for some home bundledeals at the moment but my issue is Internet reliability as I said can't be without connection for more than few seconds -not business, other issues, the reason to stuck with Telstra for so long.
    :http://www.austech.info/australian-internet-nbn/74130-best-bundle-deals-home-ph-internet-2.html#post509572"

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wii_key2 View Post
    I'm looking for some home bundledeals at the moment but my issue is Internet reliability as I said can't be without connection for more than few seconds -not business, other issues, the reason to stuck with Telstra for so long.
    :http://www.austech.info/australian-internet-nbn/74130-best-bundle-deals-home-ph-internet-2.html#post509572"

The only way you will get any service guarantee is with a business service, residential services offer no such guarantee it doesnt matter who you go to. Apart from that, I seriously doubt anyone in the world can provide a service that can guarantee that they couldnt even be down for a few seconds.

I would suggest you stick with Telstra if you are happy with their service, what you are suggesting is impossible.

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wii_key2 View Post
    Hi mate, Sanity is right. No residential service can guarantee what you're after. Not even a business plan will go as far as guaranteeing 100% connection time to a residential premises, you'll just get faster support.

My line loses sync for a few seconds every other month, but I think it's more that I'm about 4-5km from the exchange and I get horrible attenuation. In theory if you change to another isp and stay on the Telstra network then you can count out any potential hardware, or infrastructure issues as nothing changes.

Regarding your pm, if it's as critical as you say then I'd be inclined to stay with what you know. I wouldn't want to be responsible as a referrer if something happened.

• Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast