Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TV Plus information thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    I've just checked D2 and IS8/19.

All working fine for me, including the new TVPlus channels on IS19... FTA currently.

Perhaps if you post all your decoder settings, I might be able to see if there's a setup issue with your decoder.
    firstsly mtv, thanks for spending your time helping me out. and sorry for late rply. I've just been told by a family member that they have hit the factory settings button a few days back which I'm guessing has returned to factory mode (don't know if that bit of info is useful to you). is it possible if you can tell me what type of decoder settings you are after for as i am a newbie in to this trade...
    on another note if i buy another decoder would my problem be solved?? (if so which one??) hence i am going into desperate measures of watching the first match day of football thanks again bud.

Thanks

I've found the antenna settings for intelsat8ku
    it says:
    satellite: intelsat8ku
    lnb type: 10700
    diseqc port: off
    motor setting: off
    22khz: off
    0/12 volt switch: off
    lnb power: on
    network search: yes
    FTA only: yes

also on the top right hand corner it says that the strength and signal is at 0%. and not to forget my box is the arion sd-2000s
    Last edited by bazinga92; 17-08-12 at 02:47 PM.

Thanks

Default Strong 4910 HD SRT

Hi TV Plus, Let me say from the start I hope you guys can make this a viable business.

I purchased a Strong 4910HD box for my elderly parents (in their 80's)as it was the only receiver I could find in Australia that had Satelite HD and Terrestrial HD in the one unit. (My receiver is compatible with Mpeg4)

This way my parents only need to use the one remote to scroll through all the satelite and terrestrial HD channels without needing to change to a different AVI or HDMI setting, which would be very confusing for them.

Can I continue to use this box once you encrypt your signal and start to transmit in Mpeg4?
    I do not require service assistance for the receiver. I just do not want to purchase another box if it does not have a HD terrestrial tuner included as well.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bazinga92 View Post
    I've found the antenna settings for intelsat8ku
    it says:
    satellite: intelsat8ku
    lnb type: 10700
    diseqc port: off
    motor setting: off
    22khz: off
    0/12 volt switch: off
    lnb power: on
    network search: yes
    FTA only: yes

also on the top right hand corner it says that the strength and signal is at 0%. and not to forget my box is the arion sd-2000s
    Providing your LNB is a 10700 model, those settings look correct.. BUT...

If someone has performed a factory reset, all of your tuning information will have been deleted.

You must input the tuning information, as given:

Freq - 12286
    Pol - Hor
    Symp - 28800
    FEC - 3/4

If you do not enter the information, the tuner will not know where to tune the signals.

I don't have a manual for your model decoder, otherwise I'd check the steps for you.

Once TVPlus encrypts the signals, you will not be able to receive them with your decoder anyway, as they have said they will require subscribers to obtain a new decoder from them, just for their channels, as part of the subscription.

Until the signals become encrypted, you can receive them with your decoder... providing it's set up correctly of course.

The other critical thing is where your dish is pointing, as there is some confusion whether you had it last pointed at IS8 or D2.

If it is not pointed at IS8/IS19... you will not be able to receive the TVPlus channels either now, or if you obtain a new decoder from them.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nictoria65 View Post
    I purchased a Strong 4910HD box for my elderly parents (in their 80's)as it was the only receiver I could find in Australia that had Satelite HD and Terrestrial HD in the one unit. (My receiver is compatible with Mpeg4)

This way my parents only need to use the one remote to scroll through all the satelite and terrestrial HD channels without needing to change to a different AVI or HDMI setting, which would be very confusing for them.

Can I continue to use this box once you encrypt your signal and start to transmit in Mpeg4?
    I do not require service assistance for the receiver. I just do not want to purchase another box if it does not have a HD terrestrial tuner included as well.
    This is the annoying thing with TVPlus.

They are insisting you can only use the satellite decoder they will provide as part of a subscription.

It will only decode TVPlus satellite channels.... no other FTA satellite channels and certainly no terrestrial signals, so they are forcing subscribers to purchase another 'exclusive' decoder from them, so if you want to watch other satellite or terrestrial channels, you'd need to use your existing Strong box.... PLUS, have a separate TVPlus decoder, just for their channels.

Thanks

Providing your LNB is a 10700 model, those settings look correct.. BUT...

If someone has performed a factory reset, all of your tuning information will have been deleted.

You must input the tuning information, as given:

Freq - 12286
    Pol - Hor
    Symp - 28800
    FEC - 3/4

If you do not enter the information, the tuner will not know where to tune the signals.

I don't have a manual for your model decoder, otherwise I'd check the steps for you.

Once TVPlus encrypts the signals, you will not be able to receive them with your decoder anyway, as they have said they will require subscribers to obtain a new decoder from them, just for their channels, as part of the subscription.

Until the signals become encrypted, you can receive them with your decoder... providing it's set up correctly of course.

The other critical thing is where your dish is pointing, as there is some confusion whether you had it last pointed at IS8 or D2.

If it is not pointed at IS8/IS19... you will not be able to receive the TVPlus channels either now, or if you obtain a new decoder from them.
    just tried that still nothing has come up. ohh well i guess ill just have to wait to play the waiting game with tvplus. one last request from you. by any chance would you have the tuning info for optus d2?? ill try to recover the channels that went missing before the factory reset.

Administrator
    Thanks

by any chance would you have the tuning info for optus d2?? ill try to recover the channels that went missing before the factory reset.
    If your decoder will blind scan, that will find every signal on the satellite.

If you just want ERTworld on D2:

12608 H

SR 22500

FEC 3/4

Thanks

Thanks for your thoughts MTV.

I hope TV Plus can understand my concerns and realise I (and I assume other people who have elderly parents) will have no option, but to not take up the subscription.

I am personally not fazed about how many channels will be offered at whatever price as I can only be swayed by the ease of use of my current receiver. ( I would purchase all the available channels).

At the end of the day I would like to give my parents something as simple as tv in their language back to them again.

If that wont be possible I will just have to point their dish back to Optus D2 just for ERT and all the other FTA HD terrestrial channels.

Thanks

If your decoder will blind scan, that will find every signal on the satellite.

If you just want ERTworld on D2:

12608 H

SR 22500

FEC 3/4
    tried that aswell. it seems like it has picked up the channels but once i click on it, it says an e52 error message with no signal. i check signal but its 0% on both. anyways if its a long process never mind i don't want to stress you. but thanks very much for helping me out. really appreciate it buddy.

Administrator
    Thanks

tried that aswell. it seems like it has picked up the channels but once i click on it, it says an e52 error message with no signal. i check signal but its 0% on both. anyways if its a long process never mind i don't want to stress you. but thanks very much for helping me out. really appreciate it buddy.
    On the off chance you have an 11300 LNB, change the setting from 10700 to 11300 and try again.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

bazinga92 (17-08-12)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nictoria65 View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts MTV.

I hope TV Plus can understand my concerns and realise I (and I assume other people who have elderly parents) will have no option, but to not take up the subscription.

I am personally not fazed about how many channels will be offered at whatever price as I can only be swayed by the ease of use of my current receiver. ( I would purchase all the available channels).

At the end of the day I would like to give my parents something as simple as tv in their language back to them again.

If that wont be possible I will just have to point their dish back to Optus D2 just for ERT and all the other FTA HD terrestrial channels.
    This exact issue has been discussed in another thread and unfortunately, TVPlus are saying that's the way it will be.

I know of several others who have a perfectly good MPEG4 decoder and don't want to be forced to buy (or use) an additional decoder just for TVPlus.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

There are people that will have 3 receivers like one for TVPlus, Austar and Terrestrial PVR!

..........Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    There are people that will have 3 receivers like one for TVPlus, Austar and Terrestrial PVR!

..........Leroy
    You forgot VAST (which may replace the terrstrial one)

Either way, it's an incredible waste of money, equipment and power to run them.

In addition to the confusion many face with having to switch between mutliple devices and even finding sapce to house them.

Thanks

Many TV's only have a couple of HDMI inputs!

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

On the off chance you have an 11300 LNB, change the setting from 10700 to 11300 and try again.
    you sir or madam are a legend. thanks. at least i got that running again. thanks very much. finally knowing that you understand my issues, how would i get tvplus running. what would you recommend me to do?

Administrator
    Thanks

you sir or madam are a legend. thanks. at least i got that running again. thanks very much. finally knowing that you understand my issues, how would i get tvplus running. what would you recommend me to do?
    Thanks for the compliment.... definitely NOT a madam.

So... I assume you are still on Optus D2?

To get the TVPlus channels, you'll have to re-point the dish and adjust the LNB skew for IS8/IS19.

This thread discusses the process.

Just use the 11300 LNB setting and the TVPlus transponder settings already provided.

It would be best to post any further questions on repointing your dish in that thread.

Thanks

Thanks for the compliment.... definitely NOT a madam.
    hmmm I'm not going to touch that one lol

Leroy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    hmmm I'm not going to touch that one lol

Leroy
    I will but i wont lol

Gee i reset my receiver to the new settings TVPLUS said and although it was working i came back this arvo and it isn't working at all.
    Parents one i didn't touch still plays ???
    Like they say Crikey.

Thanks

Go to this top WEB Site which will help you align your Satellite Dish correctly. You can even print the calculated drawings as well. Take notice of the LNB Skew angle which is very important.

The Calculator for azimuth, elevation angle and LNB Skew is at this WEB Site

Thanks

Default turkish chanels are on United Satelite

Hi guys,
    I have rung united Satellite at Lidcombe in Sydney and they are offering 2 months free Turkish channels(ATV,K anal D,NTV) for free.The catch is after 2 months you will have to subscribe which the monthly fee is 69$..
    They have told me that they are going to take over from UBIworld tv..and 2 months time it will be 15 channels and including LIGtv..Has anyone heard anything about this company?I was going to install it and installation will cost 65 dollars...and they will provide a box for it too..it is too good to be true ...

any feed back will be great...thank you

• Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast