Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Help villa setup

Thanks

where am i then b4l like i say this blog is for neewbies absolutley dumb founded no nothing does this put me in Argentina cos my wife speaks fluent Indonesian if she finds out im some where else cos of my tv settings i can see a divorce coming 0n what you see is what i have on my tv in BALI IM MYSTIFIED but still a neewbe not having the knowledge that you have and others im at a disadvantage here but stix and stones im ready to learn more now my crystal ball is out of wak

Thanks

i take back my previous thoughts of indo teches they sure know how to tweek things to make it work
    oh and b4 i forget you can check out my address on facebook frangipani7 those are my villas where im sitting right at this very moment i leave the pulling legs to the experts in australia
    Last edited by baliboy57; 13-08-12 at 11:08 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by baliboy57 View Post
    i take back my previous thoughts of indo teches they sure know how to tweek things to make it work
    oh and b4 i forget you can check out my address on facebook frangipani7 those are my villas where im sitting right at this very moment i leave the pulling legs to the experts in australia
    You certainly picked the wrong amigo to obfuscate.

What are your Azimuth, elevation settings on your Dish for that Satellite?

That will make your posts credible.

Nah, we only pull the wool over your eyes.

Thanks

bwaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
    what i choose to be is a seeker for a satellite problem that i hope to get sorted through here but if humours part of the fact finding mission i know where i can get plenty of that so if you dont mind move on or over so i can seek what i need times are wasting
    Last edited by baliboy57; 14-08-12 at 01:06 AM.

Thanks

satellite names won't matter much where you are, it's the frequency and satellite antenna pointing direction that get's you the TV signal.

please be careful as you may changed setting on those decoders and you have to call in the techman if you loose tv channels....

Thanks

Cool Apologies, you are in Bali after all.

Hi everyone
    i have three separate villas in BALI that have all got imparja free to air on the bottom floor only what i want to know can i split the signal from downstairs to upstairs without a box and reduction in picture quality to all three villas what gear do i require and tools

if i was to look for new zealand sat services how do i go about that with my present setup
    G'Day Cobber,
    The penny finally dropped as to what has caused the confusion.
    The fault lays with your installer. Seems not to have a clue which Satellite Aurora is on. He must have just flipped through the lists until he found a signal. It's most definitely not on that Satellite or orbital position as shown in your screen shots.
    To explain this as simple as possible, the LNB has a local oscillator(2 in the case of the Universal.) that mixes with the Transponder frequency to give a lower frequency that the cable and STB can handle. Usually in the range 950 to 2150 MHz.
    Imparja is on the C1 Satellite (156.0 E), TP 12527 Vertical Polarity.
    What is happening is 12527 minus STB tuning 1753 equals 10744.
    Additionally, because Imparja is Vertical, the Skew has also been adjusted.
    There are about 18 channels there at the moment.
    This will change some of the previous advice given, but you should then be able to get all the Aurora channels with that 'naughty' when properly set up and be ready for VAST.

Sorry about the confusion,
    Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

If your local techs "sure know how to tweek things to make it work" I'm puzzled why you need to ask for help and advice in this forum.

I'll leave it to your local techs to sort it out for you.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

beer4life (14-08-12)

Thanks

what i was asking first how to run my sat signal to my 3 tv's upstairs without having to buy 3 dream boxes that was my initial first question then the thread went of on a tangent and was told aurora was shutting down and i would need to go to a vast signal if i remeber correctly so thats how we got to this point so the first question is why i put it here and i got a lot of good info
    when i asked the teche about using a splitter with little knowledge of english he couldnt understand what i was saying is why i put this here so you are telling me this is the wrong place to put this yet the heading for this blog is self explanatory dont you think so where does it belong
    and b4l thanks for the update are you say if i get it retuned i can get both aurora and vast i have only a small inkling of what you mean

Thanks

b4l yes having read your msg again i think i know what you mean so what i photoed on the tv does not match my sat and lnb

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Well, all of your questions were answered, both in relation to your initial enquiry about distributing signals upstairs without additional decoders and about Aurora and VAST.

You originally said of local installers:

bloody indonesian techsters run wires and dont tell you where or what for

yep there are but trying to communicate with them and when they install its not what you get they just smile and do what they think is right hence i only found out about the by pass wire when i took a photo 2day and ive had the system for 3 months indonesia not qualified just self taught....

Then you changed your mind completely about local installers:

And now you have changed yet again, saying:

..... when i asked the teche about using a splitter with little knowledge of english he couldnt understand what i was saying....
    You appear to contradict yourself with those statements.

At no time have I been 'pulling your leg'.

I have provided you with factual, accurate information.

If you choose to think I have been 'pulling your leg', then so be it.

Wait and see.

Thanks

Wink Bali Installation.

b4l yes having read your msg again i think i know what you mean so what i photoed on the tv does not match my sat and lnb
    Basically yes.
    What led us astray is that your installer is not a professional.
    Essentially he is an imposter preying on the gullible to make a quick buck.
    Again my apologies for not waking up sooner.
    Some of the advice that we gave you is irrelevant.
    If you can't find a Twin 10700 prime focus LNB, the alternatives are:-
    A Twin 10700 LNB feeding a 2 x 8 Multiswitch.
    A normal Quad 10700 LNB feeding a 4 input 8 output Multiswitch.
    The most important part that your installer stuffed up, is to find the correct Satellite in your list (Optus C1/D3. They are co-located and appear as one.)
    You should not need to move your dish as it seems to be pointing OK.
    You may need to get an adapter to fit the LNB due to different diameters.
    More than likely the Skew will need to be twisted 90 degrees from the current angle. That is what we call Tweaking to maximise the signal. This needs to be done with Azimuth, Elevation and Skew.

These are the Satellites that you need and if your boxes do not " Blind Scan ", it may be necessary to manually input any missing Transponders.
    Just yell if we can help you further.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Last edited by beer4life; 16-08-12 at 11:51 PM.

Thanks

b4l thank you for the input yes you are quite correct in indonesia all walks of life are self taught not trained fully in what ever art they persue but some are good at it then others when i asked the salesman can you get me inparja he say know worries now me being a sceptic believer he took me into his shop and showed me imparja sbs abc so if he could make this happen i was happy cos english tv up here is non existant in bali unless you install yourself hence me so thats how it came to be they rocked up with this dish wire dreambox and went to work and now i have impaja down stairs when i asked them about splitting the signal to run my upstairs tv they avoided the question nonnononnonono dont understand now i know these installers are trained copy cats and as you have pointed out phonynes but remeber this is indonesia not as sterile as australia so thats where im at thats why i came here for enlightenment and direction what you and mtv have is the proper training i have to deal with 1 english languge 2asking if they know things 3 will it work yes it is working fine but not being a satman like you or mtv im way in the dark what i have learnered is what you and mtv have shown me daunting at times but its sinking in as for pulling legs i leave that to the wife what i have said and showing is what i know wether past or present tence so with all that said will look through all what you have sent me and fiqure out which and what way to tackle this b4 aurora drops out soon i hope this has cleared up some of the question i have submitted look forward to more informan=tion

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Don't be too critical of those local 'Techs' as Australia had a fearsome reputation for the Worlds Best Con Men (ask the Bai Lin Tea Man) and many today still carry badges and certificates for all Trades and Professions (re Roof Batts, Solar Installs etc, etc).

To get back to your original question of 3 TV's in different places, you can have 50 TV's where ever you like in a house BUT no matter what method is used to connect them together, they all must watch the SAME channel if you only have ONE satellite receiver.

Just think of it like Musac in a shopping centre or Mall, you can have a 100 speakers playing music but there is only ONE amplifier.

So, ONE TV plus ONE satellite receiver if everyone wants to see a different channel at the same time.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234