Thread: Concept 3000 Advice

Thanks

Default Concept 3000 Advice

Hi, I have a IR Concept 3000 installed in my premises. I am looking at getting some wireless detectors for my two tool sheds and possibly a remote to control my roller door.

Is it a matter of just getting a RF receiver for the control box or do I have to upgrade? and what is the cost involved.

Thanks in advance.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NEB400 View Post
    Hi, I have a IR Concept 3000 installed in my premises. I am looking at getting some wireless detectors for my two tool sheds and possibly a remote to control my roller door.

Is it a matter of just getting a RF receiver for the control box or do I have to upgrade? and what is the cost involved.

Thanks in advance.
    All you require is a reciever the wireless devices and the remotes. You will need to organize an installer as a cable may need to be run between the C3000 and the garage door motor. Also programming a C3000 could be a problem for a novice. There is also a variety of receivers and transmitters that could be used. Best to get out the local yellow pages and ring some local installers. Start by asking if they can programme a C3000.

Thanks

Thanks Kiwitech.

I spoke to a security company today, and he advised me that I need to upgrade my memory for the RF expansion module.

Is this correct as he was going to slug me around $1000 for him to do this and install the device.

Thanks

Sounds like the geniune receiver for the concept, always the best option
    it will report low battery, loss of supervision, tamper e.t.c

Get a 2nd quote

Thanks

The price is obviously dependant on the size of the upgrade. What version panel do you have and what size memory config are they quoting on? Also, a memory upgrade MAY NOT be nessecarily required. C3000's are shipped with 32K memory, and you may have 1 RF Receiver on the LAN with the following configs; "Apartments" "Special" or "Alarm" (The firmware must be atleast
    V5.1)

Keef82 is right in what he says regarding the RF Module, it is always the best option.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GCSecurity View Post
    The price is obviously dependant on the size of the upgrade. What version panel do you have and what size memory config are they quoting on? Also, a memory upgrade MAY NOT be nessecarily required. C3000's are shipped with 32K memory, and you may have 1 RF Receiver on the LAN with the following configs; "Apartments" "Special" or "Alarm" (The firmware must be atleast
    V5.1)

Keef82 is right in what he says regarding the RF Module, it is always the best option.
    I am not to sure what version this panel is (was installed about 1-2 years ago). I assume the memory would be the standard 32k? as it was only a basic install to begin with with only 12 zones.

I will ring around Monday and see if I can get any other prices.

Thanks

Insist on the genuine IR module, or a fully supervised 3rd party receiver, such as inovonics.

Fully supervised means if a detector has a low battery, loss of transmission, tamper e.t.c a transmission will be sent to the central station and you will be advised.

Thanks

Adding my vote to inovonics reciever, dont know about others but I had a lot of problems with the concept one on several different sites.

Disadvantage is takes a zone for every input, but Ive found it to have better range, more reliable and does not hang/lose comms to control panel continually.

Thanks

Yeah, Inovonics is great gear. I have a Inovonics receiver here, it's the eco stream, LCD Display with reed switch on the garden shed - it's brilliant
    Fully supervised.

Banned
    Thanks

Work with Inovonics on large governments sites...

Cant complain... Receivers arent even mounted up high on some sites???

40 to 60 transmitters on one site.. Works well and reliable.