Thread: 7 simple steps to update your device with the latest v895 map

Thanks
    Thanked 1,836 Times in 408 Posts

Exclamation 7 simple steps to update your device with the latest v895 map

To update your device with the latest map, follow these 7 simple steps:

1) VERY IMPORTANT: Connect your device to your computer via USB. Using Windows Explorer, open your TomTom drive and backup the complete contents of your TomTom.

2) Check your navcore version. You can do this either on the device menu under Version Info, or you can check the navcore version in TomTom Home when the device is connected to your computer, or by opening the ttgo.bif file with notepad.

3) Delete the old map folder.

4) Check which map is compatible with your navcore using the latest compatibility chart here:

For v895 Australia maps, download the 895.4438 IQ map for navcores 9.01x or higher, or the 895.4436 basic map for all navcores:

5) Extract the map using WinRaR or similar. Copy across the new map folder into the root of the device. Make sure when you open the map folder it only contains the map files, not another folder within a folder.

6) Download the latest version of FastActivate from the FastActivate thread:

- Look for the latest version in the most recent posts.

Extract the file and copy across FastActivate.exe to the TomTom drive (the root of the device).

7) Run FastActivate.exe from the TomTom drive, clicking on all 3 options in order, waiting for each to complete:
    Activate maps, patch navcore & home.
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 925.5412, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 925.5412, Bootloader: 5.5244

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lemonfish For This Useful Post:

kukuk (05-01-14),Mag (02-09-12),Master_Scythe (07-09-12),MultiSlayer (10-06-13),Parkim (07-07-13),phoenix (02-09-12),SPLog (06-10-12),station-rat (03-09-12)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Are there any activation options apart from Fastactivate? I'm on a Mac :-/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
    Are there any activation options apart from Fastactivate? I'm on a Mac :-/
    Time for bootcamp! If you cant afford\dont have a windows disk, borrow one and use the 30 day demo of Win7, win7 doesnt need a key while installing. 100% Legal.

Or maybe it'll work in WINE on a linux system?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Scythe View Post
    Time for bootcamp! If you cant afforddont have a windows disk, borrow one and use the 30 day demo of Win7, win7 doesnt need a key while installing. 100% Legal.

Or maybe it'll work in WINE on a linux system?
    I have an install of Windows inside VMWare. Will it work with that? I just hoped there was a Mac option.

Thanks

VMware can communicate directly with hardware, so it should, but in all honesty I think setting up a bootcamp partition will be useful for you in the future.

Considering it looks like LemonFish is the author of said software, I doubt there will be a mac version made is all, though I'm not him.

Thanks

Yeah. In the past I simply used downunder's full backup so I didnt have to fiddle with individual files, then I stopped using Tomtom entirely and switched to using it on my iPhone. I've updated recently but the latest map I had a subscription for was 840.x and oddly, my Navcore seems to be 9.40x which surprised me, I thought I would still be on 8something (I have a GO 730).

At this point I'm just not sure if I want to proceed :-/ Especially when it means making alterations to the root of the device. I always used an sd card before. Woould this all work for an SD card?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
    Yeah. In the past I simply used downunder's full backup so I didnt have to fiddle with individual files, then I stopped using Tomtom entirely and switched to using it on my iPhone. I've updated recently but the latest map I had a subscription for was 840.x and oddly, my Navcore seems to be 9.40x which surprised me, I thought I would still be on 8something (I have a GO 730).

At this point I'm just not sure if I want to proceed :-/ Especially when it means making alterations to the root of the device. I always used an sd card before. Woould this all work for an SD card?
    Connecting to HOME would have updated your navcore.

Yes, you can run it all from an SD card.... most people I know do.

Rule No 1.... copy your entire TomTom drive... internal and SD card.

That way, if there are installation problems (and sometimes there are... I've had some) you can go back to exactly what you had before you attempted changes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 862 Posts

If your Navcore is fine, simply dd the map and use FastActivate in Wine.
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

Thanks

OK thanks, guys. I think I'll copy the entire contents to the SD card and work it from there. I don't really want to change anything of the root of the actual device, it would be a PITA to end up mucking up the device itself (backups notwithstanding).

Thanks

Hi guys
    Ive been trying to upload or download whatever the correct term is, but also like kiteflyer I use a Mac, so therefore I'm completely lost with all this talk of wine and other computer terminology words !

Is there an idiot proof method to download ?

I have a TomTom Go 720 which has lost its maps!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bernie View Post
    Hi guys
    Ive been trying to upload or download whatever the correct term is, but also like kiteflyer I use a Mac, so therefore I'm completely lost with all this talk of wine and other computer terminology words !

Is there an idiot proof method to download ?

I have a TomTom Go 720 which has lost its maps!
    You can download the files from the links provided with a Mac, but to install them, you need Windows to run the activation program (Fastactivate).

So if you don't have Windows on your Mac, you'll need a computer/device that does.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 862 Posts

The activation tools should work fine in Wine, if in doubt you can still use the DOS base Easytools from TTUSER.
    The DSA Tool is available in a MAC version too and allows to create your own NC's as well as patching Home, map activation is not possible wit this tool.
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

In the back of a 50 kW AM broadcast transmitter
    Thanks

Hi everyone, I've just got a GO730 and the map is 5 years out of date.
    I've had a quick look at the various pages here about updating, but most seem to relate to Aussie maps.
    Is there a link to a page with instructions for updating New Zealand maps?

Thanks

Exactly the same principle. The current/latest NZ map for your device running the correct 9.510 navcore we have a meta for is New_Zealand_940_5963 so you need to search for that map

Basically there are only 3 steps to map heaven:-

I’m not going to show all the links & examples of the necessary actions below as they are already well documented and detailed around here & elsewhere but there are basically just three steps to getting your new map(s) up & running.

1. Maps/premium speed cams/premium celebrity voices

Each and every map/premium speed cam/premium celebrity voice needs to be cracked (activated) by using one of the cracking/patching tools to add a new meta.dct file (AND a new tmeta.dct file for the Truck map) to your map folder and/or voices folder, which will be unique to YOUR device.

2. Navcore v7/v8/v9 only (NOT v10/11/12)
    (application/software)

Each navcore will need to be patched ONCE to recognise your new map(s)/premium speedcams/premium celebrity voices

2a) If you use a map which is compatible with the correct & current navcore then you can use one of the cracking/patching tools to create/overwrite the ttsystem file in the root of your SD card or internal memory.

Remember, if you change the navcore or update it through TTHome then you will need to patch that new navcore as above.

2b) If you want an incompatible map/navcore configuration because you want a different map or different navcore because you like the pretty colours or like the later GUI etc then you need to use an SE or other pre-patched navcore.

3. TomTom Home

To be able to use TTHome in emulation mode (Operate my Go) to pre-plan journeys etc then you will need to patch the TTHome .dll.
    When you first run TTHome with your new navcore it will download a new .dll file. Once that’s done you can THEN patch that .dll to enable TTHome to see your device correctly.

Remember, if you change the navcore again then you will need to patch that new TTHome .dll as above.

Note this TTHome emulation is only “partially” available for the Work/Truck-specific navcores so you cannot fully run this emulation mode in TTHome for these navcores.

One more thing to note (actually two things) to take into account IF you are using an SDHC card and that’s that you use an SDHC campatible card reader (some of the older ones do NOT read/write to these cards) and that you use a suitable bootloader (system file) the minumum which is version 5.5012
    Last edited by biggerdave; 11-04-15 at 08:47 PM.
    S i m p l e s

• The Following User Says Thank You to biggerdave For This Useful Post:

BCNZ (13-04-15)