Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who Fans

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

Default Doctor Who Fans

Just ran into Ben foster , he's staying on the same floor as me. Took a lift ride down with him, had a bit of a chat. He recognized me from last night as I was in the front row. He shook my hand. Nice bloke.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Sorry to show my ignorance but who is Ben Foster?

I was going to make a snide and distinctly jealous comment asking if he knew you because you had your name written on your forehead and a sign saying 'Shake My Hand and earn a $100' but I wont....................... oh bugger it, I will !!!

You've obviously had a great weekend and one you wont forget easily along with excellent accommodation puts the icing on the cake.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Ok hoe I think you can stop torturing Gordon now.

Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Doctor Who Fans

If Gordon wasn't such a tight ass he could go to the Sydney concert.
    Actually if he put a dollar aside every time he complained about his internet speed/tv reception etc. he could have bought the entire concert hall out.

Premium Member

Thanks

Hoe, I am going to a show in March at the State Theatre in the heart of Sydney and to be honest with you I am not looking forward to traveling to Sydney at all.
    I wont drive into the City itself as its a shit of a place, its hard to find parking and what you do costs more than the whole trip so we go by train which is actually a bit quicker than driving there.
    I dont know if your familiar with Sydney but once past Parramatta, that last 20 odd K's are a nightmare until you enter the CBD and thats even worse.
    This a show she wants to see (Danial O'Donnell) at the State Theatre and we will go down that afternoon and stay overnight at a nearby Hotel and come home the next day.
    We have done this twice before and like you, staying somewhere after an evening show lets you enjoy it all the more without the hassle of driving home after.

Also I didnt know until you mentioned this performance you went to that there even was one for Dr Who in Melbourne, let alone Sydney as I havent seen any advertising for it at all.

Did you see Doc Martin last night?? After surviving that wedding night they should survive anything !!!
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Doctor Who Fans

Yes, I agree Sydney is a nightmare. I had to go to the us embassy a few years ago to get a green card.
    Melbourne is very good to drive around as it has been well planned and they have spent a lot on infrastructure.

Perth is worst of all. They are about 30 years behind on transport infrastructure and even the so called highways are full or traffic lights. Not a fly over to be seen.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Doctor Who series eight is due to premiere in Australia on the ABC on Sunday, August 24

Warning: Danger, Alert, Danger!!! Spoilers in the following link.
    Read more:

Credit to Gordon for tipping us that it airs on the BBC UK on 23rd August which got me looking for AU airing.

Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (22-08-14)

Premium Member

Thanks

I was wondering if they (ABCTV) would screen it on the Sunday night our time as they did before.
    For a Simultaneous Broadcast with the BBC, depending on if the UK is on DST or not, this would be after 4.30AM Sunday Morning AEST which even for the new episodes of Dr Who I am not getting up that early.

I have the calendar marked already.............

Thanks

At the rate things appear *ahem* on the internet these days if someone really was that keen to watch it before prime time Australia rolled around I'm sure they'd be able to.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

The ABC were pre-empting the public screening of Dr Who by placing it on i-view, IIRC, a couple of days prior to broadcast. Hopefully, when the season finally gets going, they may do the same, it sure beats trying to download illegal copies.

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (22-08-14)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I was wondering if they (ABCTV) would screen it on the Sunday night our time as they did before.
    For a Simultaneous Broadcast with the BBC, depending on if the UK is on DST or not, this would be after 4.30AM Sunday Morning AEST which even for the new episodes of Dr Who I am not getting up that early.

I have the calendar marked already.............
    It appears not Gordon, I think the following will spin your top, as to why they do this; I'm mystified??

Village Cinemas are presenting Season 8 Episode 1 Deep Breath on Sunday the 24th at selected cinemas in Melbourne & Tas at 11 am, 8.5 hours before the FTA ABC broadcast. I'd take a guess there are other Cinemas in the other Au states doing the same.

I guess some people might go to see it on the big screen, however IMO it's a world gone mad that would pay for that.
    It's FTA tv show, albeit a feature length special episode.

Following the unprecedented success of the 50th anniversary special, BBC Worldwide is delighted to announce a unique big-screen opportunity for the special feature-length first episode of series 8
    source;

Oh & I got front row tickets not.
    Cheers, Tiny

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    I guess some people might go to see it on the big screen
    Hmm, Clara on the big screen, I'd want to see that

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

OK; so now the programs are saying Deep Breath will be aired on ABC at 430am 450am Sunday 24th for all you early risers as well as 740pm same day.
    You can't miss it.
    Last edited by Tiny; 22-08-14 at 03:13 PM. Reason: obvious
    Cheers, Tiny

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

Bigfella237 (22-08-14),OSIRUS (22-08-14),pheggie (22-08-14)

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    It appears not Gordon, I think the following will spin your top, as to why they do this; I'm mystified??

Village Cinemas are presenting Season 8 Episode 1 Deep Breath on Sunday the 24th at selected cinemas in Melbourne & Tas at 11 am, 8.5 hours before the FTA ABC broadcast. I'd take a guess there are other Cinemas in the other Au states doing the same.

I guess some people might go to see it on the big screen, however IMO it's a world gone mad that would pay for that.
    It's FTA tv show, albeit a feature length special episode.

source;

Oh & I got front row tickets not.
    AHA, that explains the advertising I saw regarding it being screened at 'Selected Cinemas' none of which are near me, btw.
    Doing this will certainly minimise the chances of it being seen in the UK and being uploaded to the internet if they do that.

When I suggested it being screen simultaneously in OZ with the UK release was because the advertising was rather vague and we saw it being screened here at our 'Prime Time' a few hours after the UK.

I must go and check the TV EPG listing for the ABC now to see what it says.

The NSW EPG FTA guide shows Dr Who screens at 4.53AM AEST on Sunday morning and if I read the VAST guide correctly, they are NOT going to show it until 4.53AM WA local time (6.53AM AEST) which is the standard 2 hour zone difference between the East and West.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 22-08-14 at 05:06 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

I herd it was being premiered at the same in Australia on ABC, as the BBC IN London (& all of Great Brittan ...... and others ?)

I guess you could set your recorder to record it at 4.50 am & then watch it when you want ...... (I think this will beat the illegal Downloads)

I also wonder if it will appear on ABC IView straight after the 4.50am screening ....... then no need to record it in that case .....
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 22-08-14 at 05:02 PM.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

Premium Member
    Thanks

Ahh, Julia.......

yes, it will be on iview as soon as the first screening has finished....
    Last edited by hoe; 23-08-14 at 07:11 AM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

Bigfella237 (23-08-14),OSIRUS (23-08-14),Tiny (24-08-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 577 Posts

~ Julia Zemiro meets the incoming 12th Doctor ~
    It really annoys me that they continue to refer to this Doctor as the 12th when it has now been well established that chronologically he is the 13th... and that isn't counting the regeneration where he kept the same face (IOW the same actor), so technically he's the 14th Doctor!

Time Lords get twelve regenerations, meaning there was supposed to be a maximum of thirteen different Doctors, by the time Matt Smith came around they had already used them all up (after throwing the previously unknown John Hurt incarnation of the Doctor into the equation), now the rip in time has apparently given him an extra regeneration (and presumably more) allowing the series to continue.
    Last edited by Bigfella237; 23-08-14 at 08:39 AM.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella237 View Post
    It really annoys me that they continue to refer to this Doctor as the 12th when it has now been well established that chronologically he is the 13th... and that isn't counting the regeneration where he kept the same face (IOW the same actor), so technically he's the 14th Doctor!
    Doesn't bother me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella237 View Post
    Time Lords get twelve regenerations, meaning there was supposed to be a maximum of thirteen different Doctors, by the time Matt Smith came around they had already used them all up (after throwing the previously unknown John Hurt incarnation of the Doctor into the equation), now the rip in time has apparently given him an extra regeneration (and presumably more) allowing the series to continue.
    Isn't that the best bit, we want it to continue don't we?

Can't wait to see Peter Capaldi as the Doctor, just been watching him in the Muskateers, what a contrast of performances that's going to be.
    Cheers, Tiny

Premium Member

Thanks

Maybe he is actually number 12A as some countries dont have 13 floors on a multi story building.

Remember with Star Wars that we saw episode four first, or is that 4th 1st?

And 'Bobby Ewing' of Dallas died but it was all just a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD dream...........

Thanks
    Thanked 1,166 Times in 389 Posts

So, did anyone get up early to watch it?
    Opinions please.
    For most of my life, I lived a delusion

• Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast