Thread: Optus D2, Humax and Perth

Thanks

Thumbs up Optus D2, Humax and Perth

I have been given the job of finding out why ERT (Greek Channel) doesn't work. It used to work a while ago but has stopped working now (approximately 2 months ago). I had a look at the Humax decoder (not sure of the model but it has been around for a few years) and the signal strength is about 45% with the quality at 0%. I was on the roof the other day with my trusty shifter in hand and moved the dish around to try and improve the signal. After about 15 minutes, the dish is back where it was originally and the signal strength/quality are the same. What I am chasing is the settings I should see on the decoder and what I need to look for so I have got a baseline before really messing with the dish alignment. I have found a lot of settings for the Eastern States but none for WA and I was hoping someone could help.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink ERT/ ethnic channel updates.

Quote Originally Posted by polkat View Post
    I have been given the job of finding out why ERT (Greek Channel) doesn't work. It used to work a while ago but has stopped working now (approximately 2 months ago). I had a look at the Humax decoder (not sure of the model but it has been around for a few years) and the signal strength is about 45% with the quality at 0%. I was on the roof the other day with my trusty shifter in hand and moved the dish around to try and improve the signal. After about 15 minutes, the dish is back where it was originally and the signal strength/quality are the same. What I am chasing is the settings I should see on the decoder and what I need to look for so I have got a baseline before really messing with the dish alignment. I have found a lot of settings for the Eastern States but none for WA and I was hoping someone could help.
    G'Day Cobber.
    Briefly UBI went belly up and TVplus have taken over most of their services and are in the throes
    of returning them to IS8 @ 166 E.
    There is an extensive thread from their spokesperson here:-

You may need a Subscription.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,079 Times in 6,766 Posts

ERTWorld is still working FTA on D2.

Were you previously watching it on IS8 as part of the UBI package, or on D2?

Which satellite is your dish currently pointed at?

For approx pointing info go to enter your address and select the satellite you rerquire, then drag the marker to where your dish is mounted.

Thanks

Default Optus D2, Humax and Perth

The dish was aimed at the Optus D2 satellite and was working well as FTA. I am not sure why it has dropped off but I suspect more equipment faults rather than alignment. Some of the other channels still work but not the ones they want (usual story).

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,079 Times in 6,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by polkat View Post
    The dish was aimed at the Optus D2 satellite and was working well as FTA. I am not sure why it has dropped off but I suspect more equipment faults rather than alignment. Some of the other channels still work but not the ones they want (usual story).
    I've just checked it.... ERTWorld on D2 is working fine.

Check your decoder settings.

12608 H

S/R 22500

FEC 3/4

Thanks

Thanks for that, I am going there in 2 weeks so I will reply on my results.

Thanks

Default Thank you

Sorry it has been so long getting a reply posted. With all the good information posted here I managed to get everything working again. Turned out someone has tried to re-tune the receiver and managed to put in the wrong details for the D2 satellite. Anyway, changed the values to the correct ones and hey presto it is all working. Once again, thank you all for the information you posted, it helped me solve the problem.

Regards

Polkat

• The Following User Says Thank You to polkat For This Useful Post:

beer4life (24-08-13)