Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Android,Apps and Tablets

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Gerberton, I found that out about the 'Quequeing' as it had already encoded part of the program.
    I also found you cant 'Delete' those bits either or at least I couldnt.
    This morning I opened the file that I had started yesterday, it asked if I wanted to 'continue' and I said YES, clicked on 'Start' and off it went.
    2hrs 24min for a 1hr 40m DVD...........
    I gather there are programs that both 'RIP and Convert' in one so if anyone can suggest them or a faster encoder I would like to hear about.
    At the end of the encoding after some pressing and reading which got me no where, I ended up doing as before and finding the encoded file on the Computer, right click to open options, selected SEND to the Tablet (Drive H) and 25 minutes later it was done.
    The is this message on the USB page to 'unmount the TF card' which I removed physically the last time, this time I used the 'Safely Remove' option on the task bar and then unplugged the USB cable.

Am I right in surmising that although this Tablet is an 'Android' format, there are variations peculiar to each make which arent apparent untill you get into the nitty gritty of them?

I hope my ramblings and explorations of this Bauhn Aldi Tablet are of some assistance as there must be a few others like me lost in the technology.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 12-09-12 at 01:57 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Maybe we need "The Dummies Guide to Tablets".....I'd get a copy.

Thanks

Maybe try "any dvd converter" as mickc suggested.

Is handbrake ripping the dvd to hdd before it encodes it? if it isnt this could be slowing it down constantly reading from the dvd drive. I havent encoded a dvd in ages, i mostly use handbrake to resize videos already converted to avi's,mkv's etc.

yeah there are difference is what tablets let you do, My a200 wouldn't let me browse sd or usb drives in any of the file explorer's i tried, but new media videos etc would show up in the media player that was on these sdcards/usb sticks. It took me a while before i found a file explorer that would let me browse in these places, but it's not perfect and freezes or refuses to copy things around sometimes. The other tablets and phones i've used had no such restriction.
    Last edited by Gerbertron; 12-09-12 at 02:29 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Gerberton, not according to what I read when I downloaded Handbrake. You need to RIP the DVD first if encrypted with something like Shrink or Decryptor for instance.

Viewer, that link jwoegerbauer gave was helpful so I suggest you do as I did and print out a copy for yourself to read when your Tablet arrives.
    After reading the instructions, I put the settings in as described but the encoding crashed after about 10 minutes so when I did the this one, I left all the settings as they were as I had done with the first DVD except for the destination file of course.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 12-09-12 at 03:04 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Well ,here I go,first post using this new tablet that has arrived from china today. Naturally have wifi up and away,have set the time,and just fiddled.battery arrived 25% charged.will need to do lots more investigation and fiddling.google preloaded,gasmes as well.Over n out for now

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12